obligatory newbie appearance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Liadan on January 20th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Heyyy.

OOC I go by a bunch of different names, rarely my real one... Uhhh. Usually Atty. (my tumblr handle is atomicqueen and I went by it on other roleplaying forums, and I got nicknamed this odd name and went by it for four years so I'm sorta used to it by now...)

I used to live off text roleplaying, I have about six years of it under my belt; but my old groups dissolved after a while and don't look like reviving any time soon, and I'm craving it again, though I have tabletop games to ease some of the hole in my heart where text rp should be. I found Mizahar by way of good ol' Google, after a couple of other websites ended badly for me (I take great offence to god-modding in all its insidious forms! Amongst other things. Like people who don't reply to your intro posts or OOC messages asking to rp with them, then kick you from the site for being "inactive" while you move house. Booo! But that's my complaining out of the way. Mizahar looks above that kind of underhanded childishness.)

I love character-driven stuff of all kinds. The best kind of angst is the self-inflicted bad decisions kind, am I right?! And starting with naive, youthful characters is fun, they fall harder in the end, when they realise how sour their good intentions ended up. Hehehe. I'm up for whatever, you know, give me a hook in and I'll follow. I'm not the type to leave a conversation hanging, or close up without good reason/force others to draw me out of a shell. I don't have too much patience with drawing others out though, either, so if your type of rp is to type about moodily staring off into the distance and wait for someone to intervene, I'm probably not the partner you're looking for. Unless it's crack. I can do crack rps. ;D (uhh, is that a phrase you kids use? I presume so. Nooooo I feel like an old lady trying to insist she's "hip" and "crack-a-lackin'", I gotta stop this rambling.)

Hm. I spent so long looking through races and the world and tried to make a character that might be a good balancing force to others in the forum, then went to submit my character sheet and realised that female Kelvics are actually super popular. Whoops. I mean, I don't have any particular desire to be a special snowflake, but y'know--subconsciously making roughly the same decisions as half of your newbies, what?! Haha. Well, I'll stick with this one, and then once I get to know the landscape I might make a second character that's a little more appropriate. The only way to truly get into it is to just start, I know.

I've gone on long enough with no guarantee of a reply. Curse it! I edit my posts a lot more succinctly IC, I swear. OOC I am quite chatty though, as the above will prove.
Uhh. I'll see you all around.

-Atty
Liadan
Player

Words: 3385
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 2:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Engghaen on January 20th, 2014, 3:00 pm

'Ello my dear, welcome to the world of Miz(ahar)!
And yes, Kelvics are probably the most popular race here. Together with humans, I think. And elves, and orks, and fairies..

Heu. Forget about that.
Anywho, I hope you have a nice time enjoying this place :D
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 21st, 2014, 6:09 am

Welcome! Good choice.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Liadan on January 21st, 2014, 6:36 am

:D Hello to both of you! heh, thanks. If I'm in your areas in Mizahar please don't hesitate to talk to Liadan! :)
Liadan
Player

Words: 3385
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 2:13 am
Character sheet