Telrin's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Telrin's Plotnotes

Postby Telrin on November 3rd, 2013, 4:09 am

Telrin
chasing shadows

Words: 45630
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2013, 7:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Telrin's Plotnotes

Postby Telrin on January 24th, 2014, 2:18 am

This is where the post templates are, since I don't want to hunt them down every time I get a new template.
Telrin
chasing shadows

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Telrin's Plotnotes

Postby Telrin on January 26th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Things for Telrin to eventually do, in no particular order of urgency:

Kill an elk
Tussle with and kill a wolf
Tussle with and kill a zith
Organize a personal brand of hunting tactics
Build a hunting blind

Skills to bump:

Bump hunting to competent
Bump shortbow to competent
Bump wilderness survival to competent
Get some more tracking skill
Get some more riding skill
Get some horsemanship skill
Get some climbing skill
Get some knife combat skill
And for gods' sake, get some cooking skill so Telrin doesn't starve himself
Last edited by Telrin on January 26th, 2014, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telrin
chasing shadows

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Telrin's Plotnotes

Postby Telrin on January 26th, 2014, 9:59 pm

This is an ideal picture for Telrin's future possessions. He probably isn't going to get all of this anytime soon or even at the same time, so this is really only a reference so I don't have to hunt through the price list over and over again.

Windrunner mare (already owned)
saddle
saddle blanket
saddlebags
bridle
rope and halter (all already owned)

mule, 8gm
halter, 1sm
saddle blanket, 1gm
pack saddle, 5gm
1 large tent (4 person)
large tarp
100 ft of rope
flint & steel
lantern
2 torches
bedroll
blanket
fishing tackle & hooks
cast-iron pot, 2-gallon (all already owned)

soup spoon, 1cm
tin cup, 9cm
tin bowl, 6cm
tin plate, 6cm
cooking kit, 10gm
sewing kit, 18gm
hunter/trapper's kit, 25gm
animal grooming kit, 10gm
archer's target, 18gm

guard dog, 25gm
Telrin
chasing shadows

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Telrin's Plotnotes

Postby Telrin on January 27th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Hidden in a Leaf Pile

Since I know Telrin’s going to change over his RP career, I am going to do one of these every year. This is what Telrin feels like as of the winter of 513, and is meant as a single snapshot of his psyche.

General Information :
1. What is your name? I’m Telrin.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Not really.
3. How old are you? Eleven.
4. What is your height? I dunno.
5. What is your weight? I dunno.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. What, like in a mirror? Uh… short brown hair? Light skin? I don’t really understand the question.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. How would I know that?
3. What is your favorite body feature? My hands. I trust them.
4. How physically fit are you? Pretty fit. I do a lot of things by myself, so I have to be.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I have a deerskin tunic and pants. They’re easy to deal with. If it’s cold I wear a cloak.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? None of your business.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? No.
3. What is your extended family like? I dunno. Never met them.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? It depends on the friend, I guess.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Sometimes.

2. Where do you live now? Syliras.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I’m fine where I am.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Under a tree.
5. Where do you fear to be? Let’s see… probably the Scholar’s Asylum.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I don’t think so...
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak common. I sometimes have a Zeltivan accent, but that’s only when I’m really tired.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Not sure. Maybe?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? No thank you.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I’m a hunter.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I like it. I can do it myself, and no one tells me what to do.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I’m fine like this.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I don’t really know.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? I don’t really like wizards. They’re dangerous.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I don’t know. No one’s ever told me.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? My Mati teaching me to swim.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? None of your business.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? That’s not your business, either.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? An old man in the mountains.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? A bit here and there.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I’m fine with it, as long as it’s something I want to learn.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? From an old man in the mountains.
4. How do you learn best? Trying things out and working out the snags.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I want to cook better. Everything I make turns out bad.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Well, I haven’t exactly met a lot of people, so I couldn’t tell you.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Isn’t that the exact same question?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? What? Ew! No!
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No! Well, there was Salli… but that was just once! And she chased me!
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Stop it! That’s gross!

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. It was a few years ago, I think. I’m not quite sure how much I drank; kelp beer is really strong. My head felt funny so I had to go lay down.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Sometimes. Syliras has better things to drink than Zeltiva.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? I like ale. Mead and beer are good too, but I like ale best. And sometimes wine.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Um, I don’t think so...
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I don’t know about drugs, but ale’s nice. It tastes good.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? You have to promise not to laugh, but… I like sewing.
2. Do you like to read? Not really. It’s boring.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? People that think they know better than me just because I’m eleven.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Sleeping.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? People kissing me. There was a girl that would chase me and kiss me, but that was gross. I don’t like it.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I like red and blue.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Noon.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Hmm. When I was younger, I saw this bird… it was a jay, I think. It was black and blue and really pretty.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like to eat food other people make. I hate food that I make. I’m not a good cook.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I like sunny weather. I don’t like thunder.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? What does that mean?
2. What are your religious views? Religion’s fine.
3. Would you be able to kill? Kill? I’m a hunter. I kill things every day.
4. What are your views on sex? Gross.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? I don’t know. Not really my business to judge someone else.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?I’m not sure. I don’t do a lot of exciting things.
2. What is your greatest regret? I just said I don’t know.
3. What is your best/worst memory? That’s not your business.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I dunno. Maybe be born to rich merchant parents?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I once killed an elk. An elk! Do you know how big an elk is? I killed one!

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? People don’t usually ask me about my thoughts a feelings.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Maybe? I don’t know.
3. What makes you happy? Succeeding.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I don’t know yet.
5. What makes you angry? Being told what to do.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? I treat them fine.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? My horse, if that counts. I wouldn’t be able to do half the things I do without her to help.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I don’t know a lot of people.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. That’s gross! Stop asking me these questions!
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? Again, I don’t know many people.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? It depends on what we’re arguing about.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? I don’t do social situations.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Sometimes. It depends on the people.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Sometimes. People won’t deal with me if they think I’m a stupid child, and I need them to deal with me so I can sell furs and meat. So I need to make some people know that I’m worth dealing with.
5. What do you think of others, in general? In general? Well, I don’t really think about people in general. I think about specific people.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? I don’t know… I’m good at enduring. I can handle bad things for a long time.
2. What is your greatest weakness? My age, I think.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d be older.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? What does that mean?
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Well, I live alone, so I kind of have to be organized.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Eh, I don’t really pay attention to them. They do their things, I do mine.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? None, really.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? I don’t have any.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I don’t have one.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I don’t have one! Stop asking me the same questions!

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Supporting myself.
2. What is the best part of life? Going to sleep warm and full.
3. What is the best part of death? Um, I haven’t died yet, so I couldn’t really tell you.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I don’t know. That’s a weird question.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? As a good hunter.
Last edited by Telrin on January 27th, 2014, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telrin
chasing shadows

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Telrin's Plotnotes

Postby Telrin on January 27th, 2014, 9:10 pm

This is just an inspiration list, so I don't have Telrin hunting the same things over and over and over again. If I ever find myself writing him in a rut, I will refer to this list to put more variety in his diet.

wolf
fox
bobcat
otter
raccoon
possum
deer
elk
lynx
cougar
beaver
skunk
wolverine
muskrat
badger
mountain goat
bighorn sheep
moose
hawk
falcon
eagle
rabbit
duck
goose
heron
crane
Telrin
chasing shadows

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Telrin's Plotnotes

Postby Telrin on January 30th, 2014, 8:16 pm

here's a very simple winter schedule. Looks like Telrin's setting up a routine.

1st-7th hunting
8th-9th trading, resupplying
10th-16th hunting
17th-18th trading, resupplying, Casket open thread
19th-25 hunting
26th-28th trading, resupplying, buy mule solo
29th traveling to Silkwater
30th-34th hunting
35th traveling back to Syliras
36th-37th trading, resupplying
38th traveling to Silkwater
39th-43th hunting