Characters in multiple threads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Xelin Sylaaf on August 24th, 2010, 1:26 pm

I noticed that there are a lot of different in multiple threads, or storylines at once and I was wondering if there were any parameters or limits to this. Like, can you only post in threads in the same city and and can't post on two threads on the same day.
Xelin Sylaaf
Professional Bard and Vagrant

Words: 16956
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 11:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Athrias Stormborn on August 24th, 2010, 4:18 pm

I just read up on this today so I'll direct you to this page. The short version is: as long as you're not in two places in less time it takes to travel to them you can have multiple threads going at once.

Hope this helps! :D
Athrias Stormborn
Player

Words: 13404
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Tarot on August 24th, 2010, 5:08 pm

Correct. Just make sure you have a realistic timeline that doesn't invalidate the spacetime continuum. :) The only other important rule is that if you start a thread, it must be timestamped within the current season, and you can't join threads from previous seasons without permission from a domain storyteller or a founder.

That's as far as the rules go. Managing your timeline effectively can be tricky, especially if you enter life-altering threads that can change your PC in major ways. But it all comes natural in time.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)