Athrias Stormborn (unfinished)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Athrias Stormborn (unfinished)

Postby Athrias Stormborn on August 29th, 2010, 12:50 am

"One does not have to stand against the gale.
One yields and becomes part of the wind."

• Race: Human, ½ Drykas
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs
  • Hair Color: Dark Brown
  • Eye Color: Pale Blue
  • Skintone: Fair
  • Languages: Common, Pavi
  • Music: Coming Soon

A quote from Ulder Thimault (uncle) regarding Athrias' appearance --

"I had not seen the boy in many years, so I took a moment to appraise him. I noticed immediately that he looked more like his mother than his father. Athrias’ hair was a deep brown, contrasted by the soft blue of the sky that colored his eyes. These features ran parallel with Kieron but it was also where the similarities ended.

The young man’s face was full but was half of a season of poor eating away from gaunt. Athrias had the fair skin and the long slim frame of his mother Tsvala. His jaw ran in a well defined line to a slightly rounded chin. It was covered in a light stubble that gave him the look of age and seemed an inadvertent affirmation of his masculinity. I could not help but notice that should he shave, however, it would make him look rather boyish.

Athrias was broad of shoulder and this tapered into a slender waist. His arms held cords of muscle and the calluses on his palms and fingertips told me they had known the haft of a blade. On the whole, the young man had the look of someone who ran or walked almost everywhere."

His hair was a sandy brown when he was young but as he reached adulthood it became a dark brown. The length of his hair sometimes changes with more frequency than the seasons. At times he may let it grow for the better part of a year, to just get a whim the next day to get it closely cropped to his head. The young man’s eyes are perhaps his most readily noticeable feature. They are colored the hue of the sky on a warm, cloudless day. They tend to be a great deal more expressive than he would like, showing clearly when he is in a state of distress or delight and those emotions that run the gamut between.

A quote from Olor Roques, a travelling scholar --

"Athrias Stormborn. Hmm, he was a nice enough lad. Very respectful and eager to learn. Didn’t stand for much by way of ill deeds and didn’t like to see people suffering without good reason. This got our lot into a spot of trouble now and again but it was nice to see a lad that knew what was right and wrong. Athrias likes to look at a few angles before making a decision but once he does, it would take another Valterrian to steer him off course! I found that he liked to know the truth of things, figure out what goes on underneath. Athrias asked a great manyquestions that drove me mad most nights, picking my brain for all manner of silliness.

The young man liked the open air over his head. I don’t think he would have lasted much longer in Syliras, his place is roaming wherever that blessed wind of his takes him. You should have seen the look on his face, the first time he witnessed a herd of horses galloping down the plains or a flock of birds wheeling round the sky. At first I thought Athrias was a star struck dreamer, with his head in the clouds and feet not far behind. I expect that the wide eyed, wet behind the ears mentality of his was likely because him not seeing much of the world. He’ll learn before his time here is done that not all of it is beautiful and new. Well, after getting to know him I found he’s a deliberate young fellow when things get serious. Not like most of these slipshod adventurers you see traipsing about.

That boy’s marked by the Storm God, did you know that? He’s proud of the mark and does not shy away from discussion of it. I could tell from the beginning that the boy was just learning how to talk to Zulrav and did not know much. He would always get a faraway look whenever a breeze would blow through camp and that tended to happen a lot, for it seemed like the wind was drawn to the boy. I could not hear a thing but his expression often suggested that he did. I would like to see him in a few years, see what all that responsibility and destiny will do to that inexperienced boy he was when we travelled together."

Athrias’ is a story that begins in Sylira. His father was a Knight of the Syliran order by the name of Kieron Thimault and his mother was a Drykas of the Healing Pavilions named Tsvala Warmstone. His father had journeyed through Cyphrus on his way to Ekytol, to retrieve an artifact as part of his knightly quest. At least he would have, had not his band been attacked by a pack of glassbeaks. Kieron was the only accomplished warrior among their ranks and it was by a stroke of luck or perhaps the untold machinations of Lhex that he and one other survived. A scouting party of the Drykas happened upon the group a short time after the attack had begun and drove off the beasts. The would be knight’s shelter and rations were ruined, only to be replaced with a set of grievous injuries. Kieron was taken to a Harmony House in the Opal Healing Pavilion. Tsvala was a young healer tasked with tending to the more minor of his injuries while a more accomplished healer tended to a dislocated shoulder.

The young man proved hearty and hale, though the process of his recovery was slow. It was during this time that a bond formed between he and Tsvala. (unfinished & unpolished)
Athrias Stormborn
Player

Words: 13404
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)