[Valkalah Academy] He's a Magic Man... [Puck]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Mindi on July 21st, 2010, 4:11 am

Time Stamp: Day 27 of Summer, AV 510

Sturdy leather boots pounded the stone floors as the Isur woman stalked through. Even though she was clothed in a large black robe, giving the ever stereotypical appearance of some religious zealot (not that it was incorrect). It was probably noticeable, however, the subtle chattering of metal underneath her robe, yet over her casual clothing. To an experienced warrior or soldier, it would probably be easily identified as chainmail armor, and they'd be correct. Mainly, the sound of Mindi walking through the entrance of the academy and straight up to the reception desk was loud enough to assume a good two hundred pounds total, most of it simply because she was an Isur, but the addition of her apparel had to be nearly thirty pounds, which was really no burden to her. Mindi was an Isur after all. "I've heard about a man named Vincent, a human, is he here?"

The Akalak that was manning the reception station first greeted Mindi with a smile that gave her an awkward feeling. She thought she had a decent grasp of the Akalak society, but she couldn't help but feel that every single one of those blue people eyes her as a toy. Most probably were.
'It must be difficult not having women of your own race.' Mindi tried to feel sympathy for them, but it was difficult when they all were like this. Anyway, after the mention of the human, Vincent, the Akalak instantly scowled, which Mindi had to admit was severely less attractive (not that she believed in such a fickle emotion as physical attraction *cough cough*) than the polite sly smile. Mindi assumed the worst. He was a magical master, which is why she was seeking him out, and something most have happened to him, something terrible, or perhaps he was just too busy to give anybody attention. Regardless, Mindi would demand an instant acceptance or denial. Depending on the answer would decide her fate, Riverfall or Zeltiva (she heard it had a good university there).

"Down the hall, very back, take a left turn, first and only door. Do be careful. If you need anything, I'll be right here for you."

"Thank you. May Rak'keli bless you." Mindi knew Rak'keli wasn't one of the more dominantly worshiped Gods in Riverfall, not that Mindi knew who was, but the comment probably confused the Akalak a little. Without another exchanged glance, Mindi turned on her heel and went strolling down the rather large hallways, which echoed her hefty footsteps painfully as she moved. Down the hall, left down another, and to the door there. Mindi paused a moment to take a deep breath. She wasn't used to formal conversation with people of statues. Surely if Vincent was the best Reimancer in Riverfall, he was well thought of. He was probably professional, serious, unforgiving of mistakes. She had to speak flawlessly.

She assumed so much.

Mindi knocked on the door several times, and even though she didn't particularly knock hard, her silvery blue arm, solid through and through, made a rather forceful full sound.
"Mr. Callatori? Are you in? I'm looking to learn from you." Mindi felt her left hand trembling lightly, never before could she remember being so scared of meeting somebody. Sure, meeting Izurdin or Rak'keli would make her entire body shiver so badly her heart might explode, but this was just a mortal, yet so well known, so powerful.
Last edited by Mindi on August 25th, 2010, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mindi
The Blessed Healer, the Iron Brawler

Words: 28922
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2010, 1:27 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Puck on July 23rd, 2010, 7:57 am

The small room did not feel cramped, though it could not have been over half the size of most classrooms. A mirror adorned the back wall, giving off the illusion of space when there was quite frankly none. Two sacks of something hugged the ceiling, held in place by two hinged metal rods that appeared as if they could swing. A single chair sat on the polished stone floor, tucked away in the far corner. On the single chair sat a single man with a wide grin and closed eyes.

His face was a series of crags and gullies that contained the wisdom, or folly, of sixty one trips around the sun. Spectacles adorned his face, looking as if they had ridden with him on every second of every trip. For being such a renowned magician, he wore poorly tailored common clothes: cotton breeches and a tunic, with an old leather belt. He sat straight as any Akalak, though he was only about five feet six inches, and he had both feet on the ground in front of his chair with hands on his knees.

Near translucent gas began seeping into the room from between the old man's teeth, neither sound nor movement betrayed him as the gaseous substance poured into the room. It wafted up and rolled across the ceiling in a great cloud, eventually coming to rest over Mindi. The only thing that revealed the floating gas cloud above Mindi's head was a slight refraction of the light that entered it. Had the girl moved, she would have noticed the cloud following above her head.

The man's eyes opened, his smile widening as he spoke to Mindi. His voice was gravelly, and sounded strong despite his age, "Yes, I am Vincent Callatori. I teach Reimancy and every now and again Glyphing here at the academy. Given, I don't like glyphing much." He stood and clapped his hands, winking at the short and clearly heavy woman before him, "You know, I've always wanted to be able to say that I've gotten an Isur lady all wet."

The gas cloud a few feet above Mindi was now water.
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Words: 143109
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Mindi on July 23rd, 2010, 1:52 pm

Mindi was pleased that she found the man, old man, seemingly doing nothing, she released a heavy sigh that felt like it was able to lift several pounds of pressure from her chest, which amazingly wasn't much to the anxiety she initially felt. The thought of meeting a master wizard was something else. She stepped into the room, somehow the accumulation in the room. Mindi knew a little in Auristics, not a whole lot, but not much was needed for her to realize the large bulk of Djed hovering over her head, but just to play it safe, she ignored it. Hoping that Vincent wasn't the sort of man to pull her off into a vortex of emptiness, never to bring her back. That would be bad. She would trust, however, that if Vincent Callatori did things like that often, the Akalak society would be swift to punish, whether he was a strong reimancer or not.

Mindi took a few steps towards Vincent as he spoke, she was intrigued, perhaps joyed to hear the first part, but as he continued, a faint devious glitter shone in his eyes, she wanted to look up to make sure she wasn't about to killed. "I don't understand..." Spoken too soon. Mindi found herself a moment later, weighted down even more so than before. Her large robe was now, of course, water logged. Her clothes underneath were only slightly dryer, which didn't say much, and the chainmail shirt, well, it wasn't particularly wet, but it was still there, and now the lightest of her apparel. Mindi stood there in soaked silence for many moments, considering what happened, considering who this man was and now questioning whether or not the Akalak receptionist had a good reason for his obvious distaste of the man.

"I suppose you got me all wet." Mindi sighed, naturally she would walk away, but Vincent wasn't a commoner or a simple pervert (though she was beginning to wonder if he was just playfully rude or a pervert as well). She would endure the verbal harassment, maybe even a little water treatment, but Mindi was chaste, she had limits. Hopefully Vincent wouldn't push her that far though. Only teacher of Reimancy in Riverfall or not, she would leave.

Mindi continued to speak, keeping roughly five meters of distance between herself and the grinning magical old man. "My name is Mindi. I want to learn under you."
Mindi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Puck on August 1st, 2010, 5:09 am

The old man stood, straight as the cane he probably should have been using at this age. He approached Mindi, the crags moving to accommodate the wide smile growing on his face. His hands reached up and removed the spectacles, folding them into his pocket. "If you wish to learn under me, you will have to get naked and lay down." He chuckled at his wit and continued, "But in all seriousness, learning reimancy is something you do not take lightly." The grin disappeared for a facade utterly devoid of humor.

"I do not appreciate others making light of discipline. If you agree to training with me, you will stick with it until the end or else face dire consequences at my hands." His right hand slipped beneath his belt, "I am not condemning you to stay with me forever, but you will become a true reimancer. One thing I refuse to accept is a half arsed bastard with a penchant for dabbling."

He pulled a small, ornate object from his belt, and held it up for Mindi to see. It was a small golden rectangle with depictions of the four elements intertwining on either side. Vincent's finger slipped over a small lever and a wicked looking blade shot out.

"There is no going back. If you truly wish to begin training, hold out your palms." Despite the earlier humor, this was all too serious. Vincent held the knife with unshaking hands and iron bound eyes.
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Mindi on August 9th, 2010, 12:23 am

Fearless, or at least seriously committed to this decision, Mindi, as she was commanded, extended her arms forwards, both palms exposed. The left, of course, held the common slightly-denser-than-humans skin, a very faint silvery blueish tint, the common color of the common skin of the common Isur. The right arm, however, was a notable blue, deep, heavy, and as solid as the Isurian Steel itself. She was unsure as to why she was doing this, well, she knew she was because he demanded it. But the reasons for his demands were a mystery, and one she did not bother to unravel. "I do not take reimancy, my life, or threats against me lightly." Mindi saw, and almost felt, the seriousness of the man grow significantly, which more or less matched her own stone-cold attitude that she had been portraying, yet for some reason, seeing him like this was startling, almost terrifying, enough so to cause her to reconsider. No, her palms remained outstretched and revealed, she was ready to do this. She would suffer water boarding at the hands of this man daily if it would help her learn the method of Reimancy. Something, she thought, that would only further her goals in impressing the Gods. Is Rah'keli saw that her willing servant was not only willing to heal those who need it, but ready to fight with fist and flame to protect the weak as well, surely she would find Mindi worthy of championship.

"On pain of death, Mr. Callatori, I swear an oath to learning reimancy as your student or apprentice until you release me from this pact, or until either of us passes from existence." Mindi continued to watch the man, the ejected knife, a cold chill ran through her spine as she tried, with significant difficulty, to remain motionless, calm. Surely he wasn't a psychopath that was ready to kill her right here. No, she couldn't think like that. The Akalaks wouldn't allow such a man to live in Riverfall, should he have been a murderer of women. That was, Mindi imagined, the 'Cardinal Sin' amongst the giant blue men.
Mindi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Puck on August 25th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Upon seeing the arm his blade could not pierce, Vincent hesitated for a breath. His blade drifted to a more accessible spot, brushing along the base of her soft neck. The reimancer could feel the res welling in his hands, ready to burst forth from his body at a moment's notice. Vincent's hesitant hand withdrew any qualms it may have carried, and pierced Mindi's neck. Blood coated the sharp blade as he made a circular incision and stylistically divided it into four sections. Immediately he transferred the knife to his left hand and clamped his right over the wound to staunch the blood flow. Working quickly now, he made the same incision on the other side of the girl's neck. Vincent stared at Mindi now, something building behind his eyes as he examined the pain in hers. Both hands were pressed against the Isur's neck now, a slight tremor building in their palms.

With little warning did the steam white gas stream from Vincent's mouth and eyes, coalescing about Mindi's head. As the cloud of Res grew about her, it began forcing itself into her body. Through her ears, her eyes, her mouth, the pressure was unbelievable. Now, sharp lances speared her neck as the same gas forced itself into her body from her wounds. The knife's searing fire was multiplied into an infernal pain as the torrential current of res drove itself into Mindi's body. More and more of the gas entered her, until it felt as though she was comprised of nothing other.

Something else began to happen though. Her djed, the same substance that coursed through her veins with each use of auristics or webbing, began to leave her. It started as a trickle as Vincent's own transformed djed replaced her native supply. Warm, pleasant emotions began to manifest, competing with the pain for dominance. As her djed was expelled, the pleasure grew until it was nigh unbearable. All notions of pain had diminished as the orgasmic sensations wracked her body, pricked her nerves with its euphoric electricity.

More, quickly!

The thought came unbidden to her, in somebody else's voice. It did not drift into obscurity though, instead repeating itself again and again as various messages to urge her on. The encouragement burned itself into her mind as her climax continued. She was empty now, Vincent's djed the coursing through the entirety of her body. The reimancer himself seemed to be in almost a trance type state, staring through Mindi and the room alike.

Vincent began withdrawing himself from Mindi. A wave of dizziness came upon, the usual hardiness of the Isur bowing before this overwhelming force. The last vestiges of res pulled themselves from her body, leaving the woman naught but an empty shell of her former self.

The world did not end with a bang, nor with so much as a whimper. Nay, the world of Mindi discovered coma with nothing but the heavy sound of collapse.
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Office
Scrapbook