Which Race Do You Play?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Ash'eny on June 30th, 2010, 1:24 pm

I read a little bit of Alistair's stuff in Syliras, and I absolutely love the character. I love how you play him and how he different than most characters, who seem more geared towards combat expertise and magical powers. I think he's an excellent example of what I was saying. A human can be incredibly exciting and fun to watch (and I assume he's fun to play with too). I'm not gonna lie, I was very close to having my Jamoura try to get Alistair to teach him, like an assistant or apprentice relationship, but I ended up sending him on Gossamer's mission instead.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Siana Skyglow on August 10th, 2010, 3:51 am

Well, I tried to update the poll by adding an Inarta option, considering how popular the race has proven since its introduction. Unfortunately, this had the unforeseen side effect of wiping all preexisting votes. So, everyone, please vote again, if only for the sake of re-accumulating fun statistics. Thanks!
Siana Skyglow
Fire and ice

Words: 70143
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2010, 11:49 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Malia on August 10th, 2010, 8:54 am

Time for me to talk about the Nuit ...

If I recall correctly, I immediately got hooked with the Nuit. First they reminded me of vampires, and I like writing out the undead-ness and endless parasite life both races have in common, but as I started playing, I slowly realized the difference. The Nuit aren't vampires. They have a history of their own which is quite interesting and they have the unique concept of occupying bodies they have to obtain. They have taken the parasite aspect to a whole different level. Plus, they can pass as humans if they want to. And the last thing I like about them is the age. I've always thought it'd be cool to play a character who's very old and has experienced much - but of course I didn't want the wrinkles and physical weakness that comes with playing an old human, so the Nuit were perfect.

Later I took a closer look at the other races and was fascinated by the Konti, Akvatari, Ethaefal and Kelvic. I also like the Vantha and the Inarta, but I can see how the human subraces can be restricting because they're native to a particular region or even city and hardly ever show up outside this region without an elaborate reason. The Konti I get to play more than enough through my storyteller position. I don't want to say too much here, because my secondary PCs change rather frequently at the moment, but I like the melancholy and artistic nature of the Akvatari and their exotic beauty and I also like the tragic history of the Ethaefal. For the same reasons I'm fascinated with the Kelvic, but the high number of Kelvic PCs kind of prevents me from playing a Kelvic ... for the time being.

In the end I clearly see each race's advantages and disadvantages, but when creating a character the race doesn't really matter in the long run, because it's the personality and storyline that counts to me.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Cicero Baraknai on August 23rd, 2010, 9:56 pm

I have played along so long with the vampire mythos that I chose a culture that suited that style, of course once I understand the game more I intend to move to the exact opposite of that and head for one of the other cultures.

Just so I can abandon my comfort zone.
Cicero Baraknai
Player

Words: 1655
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2010, 10:51 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Marcus Alexander on August 30th, 2010, 4:06 am

Im currently playing as a Drykas/human mixed blood, just because love the idea of the web but im mixed because i dont want to be a pure "horse rider"
Marcus Alexander
Player

Words: 1744
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Marcus Braeden on August 31st, 2010, 12:27 am

A human currently, though i am considering making a Vantha.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Diane on September 5th, 2010, 5:13 pm

I choose in the end to play a vantha,for me it seems a very interesting race! So much to deal with,nice skills and love the fact of the winter surviving and the color changing to their moods.It's just,cool.
I used to play humans,but..got a bit bored of.So,I choose something different and I don't regret it at all.The vantha's are rather nice,impressive Creatures and have a nice history behind it..especially with the Aurora stuff and the color stuff.^^

""If I let you love me..be the one Adored -will you go all the way ?.."
Diane
Though One..

Words: 68175
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (1)

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Gabriel Tanshihana on September 5th, 2010, 6:26 pm

I play a human. Why you ask?

Humans are survivors.

Through even the worst things, we as humans have managed to survive. So being strong willed, determined, and resolute are all traits in humans that I love. And of course their ability to adapt and learn.
For me... the world...consists of the people I love.
If those people are not here, it's as if the world does not exist.

Gabriel Tanshihana
/hero

Words: 16897
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2010, 5:45 am
Character sheet

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Kalda on September 8th, 2010, 4:04 pm

I think, as a new gal, I basically went with the most elven race. Hehe..
Kalda
Player

Words: 2519
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Konti

Which Race Do You Play?

Postby Pavel on September 11th, 2010, 4:45 am

I have just started and my chosen race is a pycon. I think that the pycon has a lot of potential and I am surprised that it is not more popular than it is. I think it is my favorite race.
Pavel
Riley's Character

Words: 18621
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2010, 7:44 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

PreviousNext