[Sana/Alta/Naia's Scrapbook] Learn With Me

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

A for Effort

Postby Altaira Readva on February 22nd, 2014, 1:13 am

"Guys"
"Guys Help"
"I think I'm stuck"
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arysana on February 23rd, 2014, 1:47 am

Senses of Humour
This little post is me trying straighten out my three lovely ladies and their senses of humour. I always find my own little snark and ways of play leaking into the three, and it's awfully boring to have all of my characters laugh at the same jokes. (I feel like I should mention that I am horribly regretting not making Naia male. To take the chance and knock Kelwyn's knocker, to hope she gets gender bent, or not?)

Aryana
Sana was a competitive and playful child, then shyke happened and she wasn't, then more shyke happened and she slowly began bringing out her childishness again.

She's always played by challenging, so she's the kind that will make a playful jab or purposely over react in the name of humour - like act as though the sky is falling because she dropped a cup, take manners and other courtly actions and take them to a point where they're ridiculous, usually with someone who acts in such a way in mind.

Her sense of jokes and play are on the innocent and childish side of things, any dirty jokes or insinuations lost on her, leading her on to say things that can be easily taken the 'wrong way.' (*Cough Cough* Ollic.)

Altaira
Alta is a... complicated topic. She's a kelvic whose base animal is inherently cheeky and affectionate, though most human jokes and play is lost on her. She's a bit of a tease in some aspects, if only because of her nature. I've only written her truly happy and playful in a single thread, and I can't even remember how I wrote it. (Note to self, check that out).

Humans as a whole are perplexing to her, though she's never found one that truly meshes with her interesting beleifs, and will often find herself speaking out of turn and choosing her language purely to see how they will react.

At times her cheek comes out rather antagonizing, mocking humans when they make choices or speak words that she quite simply finds in conceivable. Another way that such comes out is in playing with so many men and women's apparent rejection for what the kelvic views as nature, nudity and the workings of a woman's body being the major of the two. She'll give a wicked grin to herself before loudly and casually speaking to women (who have squeamish men in company) about why such aches and pains are common, and what helps during the monthly cycle, often chuckling to herself as she watches people's face turn ashen or scarlet.

Naia
Naia is by far the hardest to please. Strangely enough, she's the one who is most happy in her threads.

Her humour is a bit more crude than the other two, though largely sardonic and cynical. She's seen people on the worse side of humanity, and her philosophy is one that values the unbiased nature of the seas and winds over self concerned people who walk Mizahar.

She's not the kind to make a joke in the manner of a joke, though she'll make a comment snarky or outrageous enough to earn a chuckle or passing of shock. (Such as the time in which her work was so busy, that she asked a fellow librarian to throw the next book's copy request at the back of the sweaty scholar's head).

If she laughs or giggles, it is in retrospect of a situation or hearing of an amusing one, perhaps when she is listening to a grand tale. She's not one to make a joke herself.
Altaira Readva | Naia Whitewater
Arysana
Peace Amdist the Storm

Words: 171224
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2013, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arysana on February 23rd, 2014, 1:35 pm

Arysana's Most Important Negative Traits

There is a reason as to why I hail Arysana my 'Drama Queen' character, and why I have so much fun writing her. Unfortunately, she shares a thing or two with Alta and Naia, and I find myself writing her far more mellow than I ought to. So this is a note to self of sorts as to the integral (negatives) parts that I really need to make sure are at the core of her character when I write, more or less short explanations and examples, along with the odd note to self about future writings.

I really feel the need to say that the majority of her worst faults only manifest in the presence of those she neither respects nor cares for, her buried desire for acceptance and approval meaning that she won't willingly offend one she loves and/or respects. (This will get it's own section sometime, with all three characters touched on)

Another note to mention is that all of this is of Spring 514, character development is something that I love, so you can expect a thing or two to change as seasons progress.

Fickle
Ever since day one of her creation, Sana has been meant to be fickle. Due to her constant shifting environment as a child and youth, she's fallen into the rhythm of taking something up only to drop it a season later. For example, she had a keen interest in medicine when she fell from a tree/cliff/thing, asking Ollic to talk her through what it was he was doing in an effort to learn something, however her eagerness in the field lasted a mere day.

To follow through with this, I need to drive her more towards the 'Jack of All Trades' character, I need to flashback her wholly engrossed in one subject or another, devouring knowledge with an insatiable desire until one morning she awakens or decides that she knows enough, or another subject has caught her eye.

Obstinate and Proud
Arysana is stubborn in some of the worst ways.

She doesn't like to second guess herself or her first opinions (Lest there be alcohol or a person of respect be involved, wherein she becomes startlingly open minded and willing to shift her opinion), and even more so loathes giving people the opportunity to let others prove themselves right in terms of her character, particularly things such as 'I knew it,' or 'I told you so,' especially if the assumption ends up being correct. An example of this aspect is her taking up geomancy instead of fire as a form of 'petch you' to those that called her hot headed, and made jokes and bets about her taking up the most destructive form of reimancy.

Another kind of her stubbornness is after arguments, wherein should someone she doesn't particularly like ends with 'I'm sorry,' she will often reply with 'Good.'

She requires long and quiet thought to go back over her decisions and realise her wrongs, and even then will only do so should those around her not wound her pride by making a comment or jab. If someone does do so, they can expect Arysana to never apologise and make amends, if only to spite them.

I suppose, to over simplify things. She hates to be wrong and lose face. (Though she does a really good job of making a fool of herself)

Impulsive; Apathetic for her own health and well being in some aspects; borderline self destructive
This is the trait that I need to expand on more.

Family and friends are well enough, and she loves them dearly, but she's a woman of Inartan blood that loves the thrill of toeing the line when it comes to safety, substituting the lack of eagles and cliffs with far darker (and arguably) and more dangerous practices. She doesn't climb with gear because she feels that her ability is hindered when she has no fear of falling, she finds over giving a fair enough trade off for more power, and has no problem what so ever with her own pain and suffering.

She'll often put others above herself at risk of her own health and safety, this part seen when she pushed her sister and straightened her only to fall and scar herself.
Arysana
Peace Amdist the Storm

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arysana on February 24th, 2014, 12:45 am

On a lighter note! These two videos never fail to have me break into song and laughter.

**Warning, Curse words!
How many 'curse words' I can't really say. Apparently my definition of swearing is ridiculously loose. That being said, I am pretty sure that there were children in the audience when they each actually performed. *Shrugs*

Arysana
Peace Amdist the Storm

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rachael Reads Stuff and Gets Excited

Postby Altaira Readva on February 24th, 2014, 11:22 am

Warning! Game of Thrones Spoilers! More so for the lovelies that only follow the TV show, and haven't read the books!

I finally got to the part in a Storm of Swords (2) where Joff, the little shyke, dies.

I have to admit, when I first heard that he was poisoned I was worried that it wouldn't be an ending fitting for the vile sonovagun, but I'm thoroughly satisfied with it. I love when I read of characters clawing at their own flesh. I don't even know why, to be honest. Just, uh, one of those things >.>

Any who, I am already in the midst of baking a celebratory chocolate pudding. Let's hope I'm not so engrossed in reading that I forget that I need to be up early for uni in the morning, (Or, even worse, burn the chocolately goodness in the oven).
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Altaira Readva on February 26th, 2014, 6:58 am

I felt like I needed to post this because I've been listening to it ridiculously often when I write, and having to youtube it all the time and getting rather tiresome.

Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

notice and Alta gifs

Postby Altaira Readva on March 18th, 2014, 7:02 am

NOTICE

This is just to expound on the notice currently in my header. Please do not be offended if I am threading with you and I have responded to another thread before yours. There are a million and one reasons as to why such would happen, mos predominantly because I am 70% writing on a train with no wi-fi, so I am writing from memory. If the post is long or has otherwise a tonne of content that must be address, I will need to have copied/saved it when I was at home in order to respond. And even then, this is if there is battery in my laptop and I am decently up to date with homework and readings - or I am not stressing about the 10 page paper that I've only thus far had 2 weeks to write, with only another week before its submission.

Thanks!
I should be cleared up sometime next week :)

GIFS FOR ALTA

None of these gifs are mine, which is why I have linked them through tumblr, as the actress has taken up a role in 'Black Sails,' and there are a number of gorgeous gifs that I can refer to.
I decided to throw them up both for personal reference and because I have a slither of time to do so - I only grabbed a couple where Max/JPK (Character/Actress) moves or acts in a way that Alta is likely to ;)
This is the tumblr, WARNING: NSFW
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arysana on March 19th, 2014, 10:17 am

Still busy! Just finally found a quote that hits my muse for Arysana!

“I either eat too much or starve myself. Sleep for 14 hours or have insomniac nights. Fall in love very hard or hate passionately. I don’t know what grey is. I never did.”
Arysana
Peace Amdist the Storm

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thank You

Postby Altaira Readva on April 12th, 2014, 2:06 am

I felt like this post was necessary - Thank you. Thank you all so much.

It never ceases to amaze me how loving and understanding this community is, even if I leave threads hanging for a month (Again, I am so sorry about that, guys!), you all rally together and, at times, all that is needed is the simplest 'It's ok' to make the world right again.

I don't really have much else to say, I'm not good at the touchy feely posts - but seriously. To all of those that I have threaded with, and the brilliant people who I have plans with, thank you. Thank you so much - I'm glad to have had the opportunity to write with you, and I hope that more opportunities are soon to come!
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Altaira Readva on April 24th, 2014, 8:50 am

Changing computers, putting this here for a moment:

Bird Speak | Common | Vani | Others | Spring 12, 514AV
The roof was a swirl of colour and lights, pillars of marble lining the sides of the grand room, the floor a ripple of blues and grays, a shallow blanket of water leaving the kelvic's feet submerged. "Late," the bitter word rolled off her tongur
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext