[Kaiphur's Scrapbook] The Collection

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Kaiphur on January 14th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Happy to report I got into Glasgow and Aberdeen University for Law!
HAPPY CHAPPY!

I haven't been able to do much Mizahar over the holidays, I've been really busy and its been nice to try to relax. But a lot of school deadlines came up, making it hard for me to post and do some writing.

Hopefully thats all done now :D
Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Words: 31629
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2013, 7:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on February 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm

Kai on: Being a fish out of water
It is a bit hard when you’ve taken a break and then want to dive back in again. It makes you a bit scared incase people have “overtaken” you or you’ve left stories behind. That really bugs me for some reason.
I need to get on top of things and start posting again!
Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on February 1st, 2014, 11:41 pm

I am weirdly protective of Kaiphur because he is transgendered.

I don’t know what it is, but making this character from the ground up really let me see things through his eyes. It is so damn hard for people who aren’t in the body they know they should have – especially in a place where, to your knowledge, no one else is like you. No one “gets it”, no one empathises strongly with you. You are just a complete oddity or seeking a way out of slavery.

I am always a little bit worried in case my threading partners think Kaiphur as a PC is attention seeking or a “special snowflake.” I guess I don’t see it that way because to me, Kai is male. He is the one trying to not be “special” and he only wants to fit in and be himself. It is everyone else that sees something weird and out of the ordinary.

I usually play non-human characters in games and roleplay, but this time I felt that a human would be the best way to convey this really complex and different idea. Making a transgendered charoda or kelvic would detract from that because you’d already be focusing on the weirdness aspect because it is an entire new race to get your head around.

Meh, ignore my rants… but that is just how I feel.
Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on February 23rd, 2014, 3:38 pm

This song is gorgeous and I feel it fits in nicely with Kai-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVXkM_YxMg
Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on February 23rd, 2014, 3:39 pm

Thinking of getting more into Miz with the next season, there has been a bit of a lull recently!
Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous