Ties that Bind: friendship, romance (?), rivalry

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Eris on September 1st, 2010, 3:29 am

So, Autumn’s right around the corner and it seems I haven’t got any plans for Eris. I’d like add a bit of variation to her character interaction. It seems that all she does is meet people, hang out with them for a bit, and move on. I’d like something more lasting than this. She’s slowly changing and developing and this might be the time to introduce some attempts at lasting relationships to the mix.

Basically, what I’m looking for is:

(a)An opportunity at an actual friendship for Eris with someone who would actually be compatible with her. That means that the character could stomach being friends with a killer.

(b)An enemy/rival – she’s always up for a fight, but this would mean a deeper hate of sorts.

(c)A….romantic interest… possibly. I’m not really one to plan these sorts of things ahead, but it’s an interesting prospect to keep in mind. I’m still not sure whether this is the right way to go with Eris, but it’s always easier to decide whether I want to follow a certain plot route when I actually start writing it.

(d)An opportunity to hang around with a Kelvic who’s possibly looking for a bondmate and see if the characters hit it off. Again, this is one of those character development routes I’m not so sure about, but I’ll try anything once.

Aren’t lists great? Everything’s so nice and outlined. :D I understand that serious character relationship can’t be established in a few posts and I definitely don’t want to plan out the outcome of the thread ahead of time… I’m just itching to throw Eris into some different character dynamics and what’s a better time to start something new than in a new season?

[EDIT: Also, Eris will be in the Sylira region at the beginning of Autumn, but is ready to travel.]
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cale on September 1st, 2010, 6:31 am

Cale can apply for either A, or B. Or both. He's dead. So... I'm not sure how that plays into things. He's... haunting about Syl until early fall, and at some point will be dragged to Zel.

Quick Summary: Dead Mercenary. Pre-Valterrian. Barely understandable. Not entirely rooted in reality.

Fun for parties tho! :D
Cale
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Words: 15919
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2010, 7:04 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Eris on September 1st, 2010, 5:22 pm

Sounds awesome, Cale :D. Eris has yet to meet a ghost. I'll PM you to work out the details.
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Grayzdo Briety on September 3rd, 2010, 5:23 pm

I'd be interested in doing some B or C or a mix of them if you want.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Character sheet