Flashback Winged Justice [Altaira]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Winged Justice [Altaira]

Postby Meville Brightshade on March 12th, 2014, 6:36 am

"
...Two?" Unable to help himself, the startled clip of his own question at Altaira's initial response was quickly withdrawn as he realized she was thinking, rather than answer in slow motion. The fork found its way back into his mouth as he pursed his lips against it, disregarding his little outburst in favor of the Kelvic's musings. As she continued, however, the surprise returned once more. Late spring? His brows raised as the fork bounced against his lower lip, his bright eyes reappraising the girl before him. In a little under three... maybe two, seasons, she already held the physical development of an established adolescent. Her clarification was merely mystery as she took a swig after stating "My brother", to which Meville tilted his head in a growing confusion.

Before he had time to address his disbelief and lack of understanding regarding the sudden reference to her sibling, Altaira continued, apparently realizing the err in the translation of her thought into speech. As she struggled for the lynch pin word that would make the statement clear, Meville ventured an "
Appearance?" to which the proper had been "growth", maybe "age" or something of the like. Nodding his understanding, however tentative it may be, he let her continue, still mulling over what she had told him as the fork was set upon the table and the mug was raised to his lips.

As her tone hushed, Meville took a quick swig of ale before his grin got the better of him. She seemed to have a firm grasp of how the flow of conversation worked, something that wouldn't have been surprising had she not been born only a few seasons before. The subject, unsurprisingly, was his own age and that of potential marriage. He was around the age most Vantha men and women found proper spouses, though the men were usually given a bit of a wider leeway when it came to such things. Shaking his head with an amused grin, he could only imagine how strange it would be to have been but a babe before people started talking about the subject of joining two lives as one.

"
Well, about a decade and one half." He shrugged at the second half of the question and statement. "And I'm afraid marriage isn't something on the table for someone like me." He shook his head, frowning slightly as he set the mug down. "The idea of marriage is a bit terrifying, and I've lived at least a decade. I can't even begin to imagine what your brother must think, if he's only been alive for as long as you." His frown lightened some. "Though, I suppose I do have to admit you seem plenty developed."

Sighing, he leaned back into his chair, regarding Altaira with an appreciative confusion. "
I'm still struggling with the concept you age so quickly. How in the world are you able to learn at such a rapid pace of growth? Are you just naturally more inclined to retain information you hear?"

Common | Vani
Meville Brightshade
Player

Words: 287257
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 3:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous