Closed [The Quill's Rest] A Dance to Remember (Shall)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[The Quill's Rest] A Dance to Remember (Shall)

Postby Loken on April 2nd, 2014, 8:37 am

5th Day of Spring, 514 AV
Midday, 12th Bell

It was shaping up to a good day. Form what he had seen of Zeltiva since his arrival only days ago, it was surprisingly pleasant outside and he felt like taking advantage of the good spring weather to spend some time wandering about the city. It was by chance that he ended up at the The Quill's Rest. Loken tended to avoid places that served alcoholic when he felt like relaxing; he wasn't particularly fond of being apart of a bar brawl even on unpleasant days.

However, upon entering the building for the first time he was surprised to find a building filled with artisans. He had never felt more comfortable in Zeltiva than that exact moment. Still, it had been a while since he'd been in a place devoted to a relaxed setting to study of knowledge. It reminded him of the Librum which caused him to question weather or not if he should take up classes at the University.

Rather than take a seat at one of the many empty nooks, Loken perched on down on crossed legs just in front of an empty table, sitting onto the floor. After resting his wrists down on top of his knees with his palms facing towards the ceiling, he happily closed his eyes. The ambient sounds of the Quill's Rest flooded through his mind as he listed to the people around him. He listened to a the poetry of a near artist fumbling through the creation of a lyric who cursed under frustrated breath. Other than the constant scribbles of coal sticks and paint brushes against canvases, he could hear mandolins playing in the background.

Loken started to focus on his breathing. Letting his mind wander to the past. The wooden floor beneath him feeling like one of the small rafts he was forced to cling too that were tied to rocks during nights when the seas were angry. He could never do it when he was a child studying at the The Librum of Ahnatep no matter how many times his instructors told him to calm his mind and sleep peacefully on the rafts; and try not to drown.

His breathing slowed as it enters through his nostrils to slowly be dispersed back out. He timed the rise and fall of his chest between every other heartbeat. The sounds as they are were around him were dulled as he found himself listening to to his own heart. Hearing each thump.
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shall on April 6th, 2014, 10:24 am

It was bright outside and Shall was sitting at her usual spot under the warm sunlight at The Quill's Rest. With a steaming hot kelp tea beside her, Shall buried her nose in an old hardcover book. An old cheese like smell that came from the book soothed her nerves. Leaning backward comfortably, Shall rested her palm under her cheek. Her sleeveless shirt made a small rustling sound against the wooden surface of the chair. Spring weather had been a crunchy apple that was waiting for her to sink her teeth in and Shall had a good feeling about all that now she's here without Silan pestering her. The human girl must be home cleaning up right now.

While sipping kelp tea, Shall looked around the Rest. There were many people at the moment, mainly students and professors from the University. They were busy doing something. Some were reading, just like her, fingers groping around on the paper sheets trying to find the suitable information. From her seat, she could see someone was writing at a great speed with his hand scratching his hair. Or, far in the corner, a young man whose back faced her was painting on a big canvas of the bay. There was also someone playing mandolin with cheerful beat near where she sat. She silently observe the man who was playing the mandolin with great amusement. Shall had traveled to a lot of places but she had never actually seen a mandolin before. The man had his eyes closed and a content smile was drawn on his lip, his foot drumming to the rhythm of the song...

"Ah, miss" A voice suddenly rang out. Shall turned her head and found a man with a canvas under his arm."Do you mind acting as a model for my work?"He said with a smile.

Shall was surprised. She looked up into the eyes of the stranger and asked him in her impassive tone: "Why me?"

"I just think that you would be a perfect subject...Please accept my offer"

It was new yet Shall didn't think it was a good idea. Sitting still glued to a spot, wasting your time to let other draw your picture didn't sound appealing to her. She spoke up: "No, I'm afraid..."

"Miss"He sighed "I'll offer you some mizas as a thank you. How about that?"

Shall considered it. Now, it was a different matter. She had nothing to do beside watching everyone here, and now could earn a few mizas. Saving up was a good thing she guess.

"Would it took you long to draw? Because I had to leave shortly after this, around half a bell or so." said the Ethaefal.

The artist was beaming brightly :"No, it won't be long"

"I see. That's fine, then."She nodded her head.

"i will be right back..."With that, he turned around and left her there, mumbling something about it's hard to find a subject these days.

Shall leaned back on the wall while watching the artist. He was searching around the Rest for something as she guessed.

"Ah, You, the young man over there...Yeah, you. Would you mind being a subject for my painting? You see that lady over there? I am planning on letting you be in a dancing position." said the artist. Shall curiously looked at the man the artist had found. Before he spoke up, the yound man still sat on the floor with his eyes closed. She didn't even noticed him a while ago because of hid silence. He seemed to be quiet, blending in the Rest's warm backgrounds.
Shall
Player

Words: 24484
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 3:17 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Loken on April 13th, 2014, 7:23 am

He had heard the man's foot steps approaching him before even opening his eyes to see who it was. His mind was falling into a sense of openness and receptivity as he tried to intentionally relax the tension in his body. He kept his breathing was slow as he inhaled through the nose only to release a deep exhale from his mouth. Even though he could hear the man talking to him, Loken assumed that the person was speaking to someone else. He assumed that his posture and appearance of being within deep in thought would have made it clear that he was busy. Loken was forced to break his meditation when he opened his eyes to see who the person was talking too.

That was when he realized the The Artist was speaking directly to him. Even though he wished to resume his meditation, Loken didn't mind being part of the mans art project. He gave an internal sigh to shake off his relaxation, his expression remaining wholly impassive as he regarded the Artist for a moment. Loken stood to his feet and patted some dust from his clothing before regarding the artist again. “I would be happy too.” A slight smile tugged at his lips in a natural response to seem pleasant. The Artist led Loken over to Shall where she rested against the wall. “It appears we are going to be dance partners for the time being. My name is Loken.” He held out a hand for her to take, not as a hand shake, but to hold and lead her onto the open floor where the Artist wanted them to take their dancing position.
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shall on April 13th, 2014, 8:03 am

The stranger seemed to take time to open his eyes and regarded the Artist. From where she stood, Shall could hear his words of agreement. The man patted some dust off his clothes and followed the artist to where she was. He smiled pleasantly. "It's my pleasure to meet you. My name is Shall" There was also a smile drawn on the corner of her lips too, a small, controlled smile. She also gave him a small nod of acknowledgement.

The man named Loken held out a hand to her, and Shall stared at it hesitantly before taking hold of it. They moved to the open floor which was in the center of the rest, where fewer people was sitting busy with their job. She could hear crickets singing in the backgrounds, just outside the window and out in the fine weather's air. There was a rustling noise of clothes, the artist's large boots drumming on the floor. No one looked up or spared a glance at them. Shall's not comfortable with the turn of event, yet she felt it's okay to change the atmosphere a little. Now that it suddenly hit her, Shall had never danced before. She had never imagined taking the hand of some stranger and swayed on her feet like some crazy wind whirl on a stormy day, let alone tried to dance. The artist didn't care much about it, however, as he sat down at his spot before them, and before taking the brush from his mouth, he said:"Alright. Please step into your position."
Shall
Player

Words: 24484
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 3:17 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets