[Skill] Astrology

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

[Skill] Astrology

Postby Gad on April 9th, 2014, 2:16 am

I figure Miz could use some star charts, here and there. The skill would be charting people's individual astrological signs, as well as a certain level of fortune telling based on constellations (akka in ancient tongue). Unlike astronomy, which would be purely concerned with the scientific nature of understanding the stars, discovering them and naming them, this skill would be more related to predicting events, or understanding interpersonal connections as they relate to the shifting of the constellations. I'm also planning on doing original star signs for Mizahar, between twelve and fourteen of them.

To get the profiles of these I'd like to canvas the site to see who had what birthdates/seasons IC and what their general character concepts/personalities would be. Then I'd base the traits of the star signs off of this, plus a little bit of the real world astrology. This might also give us something of a more compartmentalized calendar, because, if someone wanted they could use not just the day of a particular season to speak about a time, but the day within a particular constellation's dominance in the sky. Birthdays, also could be affected by this so instead of just being "44th of Spring 488AV", a birthday could be read as "44th of Spring, 13th of SSDFF 488AV" SSDFF here being gibberish to stand in for whatever the sign would be.

So, any takers?
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Words: 265579
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 2:07 am
Race: Ghost