Closed Falling on Hard Times. (Miro)

Johdin has a really...really bad day. Much to Miros pleasure.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Falling on Hard Times. (Miro)

Postby Johdin on April 9th, 2014, 8:19 am

24nd, Spring 514 AV
Dusk

Johdins stomach rumbled loudly as he strolled down the darkening walkways of the floating city. He fumbled around in his cloak in hopes of finding some spare Mizas to buy a quick meal with. Much to his dismay, however, he found nothing. He really needed to stop leaving his cash at home.

However, to a man like Johdin, another mans pockets might as well be his. He's never had a problem probing around for spare change in the crowd undetected. So Johdin decided to do a bit of searching. He began by taking a brief look around at the others out for a walk at nightfall. To his trained eye, it didn't take long to find a good target.

She was dressed rather flamboyantly. She had an oversized fur coat and a feathered hat that made her stand out from most of the other crowd. She had an arrogant and pompous look on her face as she moved Johdins way. A confident smirk made its way across his face as he moved into position.

As they passed by, Johdins shoulder bumped hers as his hand slid into her pocket. It wasn't long before he found what he was looking for and relieved it from her pocket. It was small, but the lumps of mizas in the pouch was more than what he had himself.

As their bodies collided, and he slipped his hand, and her purse, from her pocket, he turned quickly to avoid her detection. His other hand flew up and he shouted something about watching where she went or something, anything, to distract her from his other hand. After getting a nasty scowl from the woman, he slipped into an alley to count his earnings.

One, two, three... he began counting away at the silver mizas. Eleven of them total, and another gold one. Well, he thought, It's enough for a meal at least.
Last edited by Johdin on April 17th, 2014, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johdin
King of Thieves...in training...

Words: 10002
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 6:03 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Miro on April 11th, 2014, 7:06 am

Miro walked the streets of Ravok on patrol. Not necessarily on patrol for the Ebosntryfe in search of crime, but rather for himself in search of excitement. He did wish to uphold Rhysol's laws, but not as much Ravok's law. There was a fine distinction to him. Ravok, as it was, was a paradise. Although filled with crime and vice, as every city was, the people were generally well provided for. And those who accepted the reign and religion of Rhysol were better accommodated. Only it seemed that at times those who were most faithful were those who were most deprived.

Though as his bonds of servitude to the Ebonstryfe claimed, he was to show bias to the rich. All of the city had an ideal of what made a proper citizen, who was to be put first, how the chain of nobility worked. Race, citizenship, money, a family name, the right position, these were things that gave a person power here. But were these the things Rhysol sought in his followers? The lowly apprentice thought not, but understood why such things did allow such favor. They did give an individual the means to better serve Rhysol, even if they did not fit his ideal.

Ravok was what Miro would call the exception to the rule of chaos. Where such chaotic elements were concentrated, and where chaos was looked down upon, the city held a stern facade. It showed that the Defiler was not so horrid with all he did, and that he was a merciful god. On the surface this was true, but all gods were to pander to their followers to have their way, at least to some degree. Through this facade of peace and nicety, it drew in the faithless and worked to convert them, as well to reward those of true faith. But the truly faithful were able to see beyond this facade to the true realm of chaos and evil.

It was selfishness, lies, betrayal, to only cooperate for the benefit of one's self. To serve Rhysol was to serve one's own self. To be dedicated to Rhysol meant to understand that Rhysol would reward such a behavior, and that through this act one would ascend themselves. But one not need necessarily contribute to this ideal of worship and cooperation to further the realm of the god. Any act of selfishness, or lie, or betrayal, it all was in praise of the Lord Rhysol. These under appreciated acts were normally the type that the Chained One normally rewarded, but only if it would reward him in return.

This was why he patrolled the streets, why he obtained rank in the city, why he loved and praised the glory of Rhysol. There was always something to be gained. The only problem was finding such an opportunity. The Chained One continued to walk about until his attention was drawn to a slight confrontation. Perhaps now he would have his chance at some fun. But alas, no, the confrontation was brief, with just a few words exchanged. There was naught to do in this instance. Or at least he thought so. The Familiar sealed upon the wizard's had witnessed something more than his master.

"You did see that, didn't you? Are you just going to ignore that crime as if nothing happened?" The slight bit of excitement the creature sensed had faded, so it was all he could assume. But Miro was ignorant of the robbery that had taken place. "Being rude is hardly a crime Ender." The Irylid snapped back at him, slightly annoyed at his master. "Not that! You missed it then, the theft? That man reached into the woman’s purse and took her money. It almost escaped my even my attention, but I caught a glimpse. He has quite the deft hands. I hate to say it, but I got lucky. Though you should know by now such collisions are a cover for pickpocketing.”

The undead smirked at this reveal, as he now had reason enough to make an encounter. ”Too bad that lady didn’t know that. She might be going without a meal, though I’ll let that be a lesson to her. I need only see that crime is punished, not that it is undone. I hardly care about a few coins, but I’ll definitely see that such a deed brings a just consequence. Where did the man head off to?” Ender had only spoke of such a crime so that the law would be upheld, but realized that no good would come from it. ”He continued past her and turned left, into that alley up ahead.” The creature was afraid of what would follow, but had to obey his master. ”Good, unseal yourself, float down the alleyway. Assume your replicant form to cut the man’s escape route off. I do not want him able to flee.”

Perhaps there was some chance of good coming from the act. The Irylid could sense a twisted excitement from his partner, but this was more common than he would like to admit. Maybe in this one instance the Chained One would uphold the law as it was written instead of his loose interpretation of its spirit. As instructed he shifted from a silver bracelet to an icy orb and floated up over the building. Meanwhile the Ebonstryfe apprentice proceded forward until he made his way to the alley. The Familiar was in position by the time he arrived and began the transformation into his replicant form. The orb sprouted limbs and assumed the guise of a young man with black hair, dark clothes, inhuman claws and slight fangs.

Miro pulled his badge from his sling and presented it. In a strong authoritative voice he spoke, ready to act without a moments hesitation. ”By the power issued to me by Rhysol, I order you not to move. I am Miro of the Ebonstryfe, the law here, and I witnessed you commit a crime. Citizen or not, you have broken the law against thievery. Place your hands against the wall and submit to my arrest. Failure to comply with my demands will put you at serious risk of injury and your life will become forfeit.” It was strange to do things by the book, but he rather liked it. Though the book only applied to those with their papers. Those who roamed the city without such documentation were allowed to be dealt with in any way possible, even killed or enslaved.

There was often another perk to finding non-citizens. Often they were ignorant of many things, but knew how risky their position was. The city very quickly made it clear how the hierarchy of class went. Those who were undocumented were even less than those of an inferior race where were, as if they were not people. Some would excuse this, turn a blind eye, but others looked to take advantage of this. ”If you are a citizen, then provide your papers and I will take you in for reeducation. I’ll see that is be so harsh and painful you will never commit another crime. However if you are not a citizen then this will not be necessary. It is my policy to offer an alternative for those who do not know our customs. I assure you, cooperation will be rewarded.”

Miro was the type who would take advantage of this. With his bluff, even a citizen might claim to be unregistered. Those who knew of reeducation knew to fear it. Though in this case, he would not blame a person for running. Though to run past the wizard would be foolish with an alley behind him. However down the alley Ender slowly closed in, anxious to assist if necessary. The Irylid appeared quite meager with his lanky build and boyish features, but was a formidable opponent. His features were that of a Symenestra and Vantha mix, though his eyes were a static silver. His medium length black hair hung loosely over his face, and he held an unchanging, blank expression. He would not fail an order given by his master.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Johdin on April 17th, 2014, 6:07 am

The look of contempt on his face slowly gave way to a deep, intense fear. The kind of paralyzing fear a child gets alone in the dark with hungry beasts. His eyes widened and his hair stood on end as his whole body began to vibrate. His voice was shaky as he spoke.

"I-I have done no such thing s-sir." he stuttered. "You have the wrong man." He put his hands up in front of him. The coin purse fell to the ground at his feet. His eyes dashed down to look at them briefly, and then to the Ebonstryfe in the alley. And what he saw, though he did not believe it to be possible, terrified him even more.

What stood before him was a man. His hair black as night and his face was dead and skinless. This is impossible! he thought. And yet, this thing stood before him and spoke as if it were alive. He began to back away. This thing is a monster! As he turned to run, however, he saw another man at the other end of the alley, drawing closer. He was quite slender and did not appear very intimidating. Other than the utter lack of emotion on his face that disturbed Johdin.

His gaze dashed from one to the other. How could this have happened? He was always so careful. So alert. And now he was trapped between what appeared to be two members of the Ebonstryfe. Though he was ordered to present his citizenship papers, unfortunately, Johdin could not. He was not a citizen. And even if he were, 'reeducation' did not sound like pleasant business at all.

So Johdin made up his mind. He would run for it. Past the slender, emotionless one. If he could do that, he was certain he could get away. He took off at full sprint down the alley toward the Irylid. His plan was to tackle him to the ground and run.

OOCsorry it isn't very long. I'm still working on trying to extend my posts
Johdin

Character sheet

Postby Miro on April 17th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Ender was still a ways away from Miro when the criminal made his move. It was not what the Irylid wanted to see, but he would deal with it nonetheless. He pulled his Djed to the surface of his skin and force it forth with a transmutation to Res. The opalescent substance leaked from his body as a thick gel. He pushed his arms forward and spread the Res across the ground before him and transmuted it to ice. the several feet between the Familiar and the man that charged at him turned to slick in an instant.

Miro was surprised at the sudden movement, but had only prepared for the scenario in which the thief tried to get past him. To run away, that was what his partner was for. He spoke to his Familiar telepathically. "Don't let him get away, or else." Though he knew not to worry, he could sense how resolute the Summon was. The wizard slowly began to walk after his escapee and tapped his Ice Reaving mark to melt a path through the ice.

The Irylid prepared for the man to come at him, hopefully off balance by now. He squared his stance and prepared to strike. With his left foot forward and his right fist cocked back the Familiar began to redirect his Djed. He concentrated on the pathways in his left arm and guided them to his right arm. He felt the strength surge into his muscles and cleared his mind. If the man came within range, Ender would throw a heavy right at his face and attempt to drop him to the ground.

Though of course both master and Familiar hoped that the man would not go that far, but for different reasons. Ender hoped the ice would be enough to cause the man to slip and fall so that he would not have to deal with such things. Miro wished to deal with things himself, not to have his partner do it. When he caught this criminal, the fool would suffer. His flight meant his life was forfeit, and it was assumed that he was without citizenship. The Reimancer produced Res of his own, though only enough to coat his arm in a liquid. It was his contingency plan.

If the thief somehow got past the ice, past Ender, it would be up to Miro. He hoped to be able to get to the man himself, perhaps rough him up, though a surrender would be accepted. However another attempt to flee would cause the wizard to have to cast his spell. He would send his Res after the man and transmute it to lightning. Likely not enough to kill the man, if he was lucky, but definitely enough to stop him. A spell like that, it was a drastic measure, not one employed lightly. But the undead was a dedicated servant of Rhysol and apprentice Ebonstryfe.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Johdin on May 6th, 2014, 7:09 am

Johdins face was stern as he ran forward. There was no going back now. Should he fail, he will die. He had to get away, here and now. His legs pumped hard. Harder than they ever have before. Which is exactly why he stood no chance once the ice formed beneath his feet.

It was like nothing he had ever seen before. The clear, yet colorful goo emerged to so quickly and changed so fast that Johdin had no time to react. Suddenly, all the force his legs made did nothing but throw him face first onto the ice at the emotionless ones feet. He slid a few moments until all he could see was the mans boot.

He could taste blood. His nose was surely broken but his adrenaline kept the pain at bay. Slowly he began to push himself up. He had heard stories, whispers around Sunberth of Wizards. Of their magic and chaos. Nothing but good ever came from them. And there was nothing he could do against one. He turned his head back towards the masked man and watched as the ice melted away before his feet. Two Wizards!?

Another wave of fear came over him. He began to tremble in his hopelessness. Johdin rolled himself over and began to scoot himself across the ground toward the wall. His eyes darting from one man to the other. As soon as his hand hit the wall, he turned over and pushed himself up. He reached high, trying to find something to climb up. There had to be a way to escape. There has to!

OOCIm very sorry for the late post. Life kinda got crazy for a while.
Johdin

Character sheet

Postby Miro on May 6th, 2014, 7:50 am

Miro continued to walk down the alleyway towards the thief. The Familiar stood his ground on the other side ready to prevent any escape. Soon there would be nothing that could be done. Ender released his stance and produced a slight amount of Res for a spell, and Miro already with his made. The undead called out, "If you resist arrest any further, I will kill you. It is within my rights to do so. And nothing that prevents me from making you suffer first. No more of this!"

The wizard walked forward to stand face to face with this person, ready to deal with them however necessary. If he tried to flee, a lightning spell, enough to drop him down. Ender would attempt to damage his legs with ice. However few were so quick to throw their lives away. Though he would not let this one die. Not yet at least. He wanted to keep him for other purposes, not waste the opportunity.

Miro focused his aura of influence to begin to manipulate the man further, ready to ensure desirable results. He began to channel an emotional response of fear, a suggestion, "Don't move." The Hypnotist began to channel Djed through his throat and spoke in a gentle voice. "I do not want to hurt you. I will give you alternative punishment. Just introduce yourself, shake my hand. You'll be on your way in less than a bell."

Though the hand was not an offering of peace, but a trick instead. The words spoken would channel an emotional response of trust, and a suggestion, "Shake hands." The moment their hands would meet the Leecher would take hold and begin to focus on the connection between their flesh. He would begin to pull Djed and Leech it away until his target was weak.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nemesis on June 26th, 2014, 8:52 am

Johdin

Note :

Greetings! This is just a notification that I cannot yet grade this thread. If you decide to return to roleplay, please update your ledger with Spring's expenses. PM me when you have done this and I will post your grade award.

Thank ye,

-Nemesis
[/list]

Miro

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Familiary +2
Hypnotism +1
Intimidation +1
Philosophy +2
Tactics +1color]

[color=#610B0B]Lores

*None

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None

Loot/Expenses
    *None

Notes

*There's not much to give here... sorry that you've had yet another abandoned thread, Miro :(

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)