Closed Not as Bad as One Might Think [Auriga]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Not as Bad as One Might Think [Auriga]

Postby Lorelle on March 24th, 2014, 7:47 am

Timestamp :: 4th of Spring, 514 AV

To say Lorelle is mad would be an understatement. She is seething with rage. Her eyes burn a bright crisp red. A deep frown has plastered itself across her lips and the back of her jaw is clenched. Her hands are balled into fists and she tries desperately to get control of herself. The cause of her rage? The frozen falls market. Or really, more precisely put, shopping. It is the one thing in the world she hates to do more than anything. No, scratch that. There are many things the Vantha woman does not like to do. Shopping is just high on that list. It stresses her out. Makes her tense and indecisive. She questions herself more than ever and everything is just that much harder. Yet, it must be done. She has been putting it off far to long and now that the spring season and the new year have rolled around, it is time to get down to it. Time to shop.

The woman walks through the market, not even sure fully what she is looking for. Clothes, but not just that. She needs to get stuff for travel. Her and Meville are suppose to be leaving soon after all. Though she isn’t sure anymore. The human she has made plans with hasn’t been spotted by her eyes since early winter. She isn’t sure what is going on with him. And she is scared that he won’t be showing up again or if he does it will only be for a day or so before he disappears again. Which is bad. They can’t plan to leave like that. Lorelle doesn’t know what is going on with her leaving partner, but she does know that she wants to leave and she is going to plan for it. Maybe just not right this moment. No this moment, she must shop. Part with some of her precious mizas that are currently snug in a pouch she has tied to her waist.

The day is average for Avanthal. Its usual cold and the need for a coat, as always, is present. Lorelle walks with her usual pants, worn boots, shirt, coat and gloves on. She feels like she has worn the same outfit everyday for the past few years and it is beginning to bug her. Yet, as mentioned before, she hates finding herself new clothes. It is a hassle really and having no one to rely on to help her has always made it harder. When she was young she had her mother help her with this. That was never much help. Liana and Lorelle never saw eye to eye about clothes when Lorelle was younger. Both having very different but strong tastes. Liana always wanted to see her daughter in something a little more dressy, but flattering. Lorelle has always been very casual in her dress. Darker colors, simple shapes, layers.

The Vantha sighs, looking at a stall filled with just fabrics. The person standing behind it is speaking something, but Lorelle ignores her for the most part. Just nodding or giving a small sound from her throat. Otherwise though, she doesn’t bother to listen. She just feels the unusually soft texture of the fabric in her hands. It is a dark red. Reminds Lorelle of the color of blood. The fabric is slippery. If she would listen, she would find out it is silk. A rare fabric in Avanthal for it comes all the way from Kalinor. Lorelle doesn’t listen though. She just looks at the color, watching as the light bounces off of it and the way the colors look under the lights of the sky. Interesting. Pretty. It intrigues the Vantha to the point of thinking about things to have done with it. She bites on her lower lip, deep in thought. Should she or shouldn’t she?
Lorelle
Player

Words: 215213
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Auriga on April 1st, 2014, 8:44 am

The 4th Day of Spring, 514 A.V

With this new year, Auriga knew it was time to actually take a look in the market. Each Spring she had begun to make a habit of rooting around the different stalls set up in the area, purchasing what she needed. Not only a way for her to fill out her wardrobe, it was a chance for the Ethaefal to attempt to haggle prices down to a rather lower price. She wasn't very skilled at it..but sometimes it worked!

Brushing off the snow that had collected on her shoulders, Auriga wandered from stall to stall, glancing at the offered goods that caught her eyes before moving on. Right now she was operating on a tight budget, and needed a wider selection of clothing then the simple garments she wore currently.

Passing by a stall loaded with fabrics, her attention was caught by the one next to it - there was clothing offered, and it looked good. She stepped closer, examining a blouse on offer. It's made well, the Ethaefal thought, holding it in her hands.

"Excuse me," She said, successfully gaining the attention of the shopkeeper. "How much is this?"

"Nine silver Miza, that there was made by my own hand." was the response from the shopkeeper. Auriga gave them a winning smile, leaning forward to maintain eye contact. "How about six?" She asked, attempting to haggle the price down a little.

"Certainly not!" The shopkeeper responded, with an insulted expression. Noticing this, Auriga nodded hastily. "Well, I'll pay seven silver Miza, and, say, twenty copper Miza," She said decisively, giving the Vantha behind the store another hopefully winning smile.

"Make it fourty copper Miza and you have a deal," The shopkeeper said with a nod of her head, not too bothered with the reduction in price.

Handing over the money, Auriga thanked the woman and turned away from the stall, turning her purchase over in her hands. It was pale blue, a well-made article of clothing. It would certainly add colour to her wardrobe, if she could find something to wear it with.

OOCOh my gosh, I'm so sorry for the delay! >.<
Note-7 sm 40 cm from the ledger!
Auriga
Fallen, but not lost.

Words: 11716
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2014, 8:59 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lorelle on April 29th, 2014, 5:03 am

Deciding it isn’t in her best interest, Lorelle moves away from the red fabric with the strange texture. Her eyes wander, overwhelmed by all the different clothing stalls and the many choices within them. Putting her hands into the pockets of her coat, she stands confused and lost while not wanting to admit that even to herself. She looks around with an absent gaze, everything blurring together. Fabrics, colors, textures, different types of garments. It is annoying that there is so much. Lorelle misses the simpler days when her mother just picked out all her clothes and she wore whatever was given to her.

Biting on her lower lip, she hears the voice of a woman haggling with the stall owner. Slowly, Lorelle moves over and watches till the seemingly Vantha gets the piece of clothing she desires. The icemaiden watches the exchange, feeling like a little girl marveling at another’s abilities. She is unhappy with herself, but that doesn’t matter right now. What matters is actually finding something for herself in order to go home feeling like this trip was a success. Even if that means having to act differently than she normally would.

Taking a breath, Lorelle walks up to the other Vantha woman. A girl with short, dark hair holding streaks and dark skin. Just like every other Vantha Lorelle has seen. She has no reason to suspect this one is any different other than the fact she unknowingly getting Lorelle to do something she normally wouldn’t.

“Hello,” Lorelle says, trying to sound friendly as she forces a hopefully easy looking smile. “Nice blouse,” she compliments, “I’m Lorelle. Lorelle Snowsong.” She puts out her hand, mentally going through what would be normal in these sort of situations. This seems harder than it should be. “Who might you be? I haven’t seen you around here before.” Lorelle winces internally at the sound of herself voicing these words but tries to hide it. Keeping the smile up and natural looking even though she feels like grimacing.

“Sorry, that sounded weird,” she admits, nerves twisting in her stomach. “I was wondering, and this is really embarrassing for me to ask so please forgive me. See, I have a really hard time with this whole shopping thing but I desperately need to do some of it, so I was wondering if you would be willing to help me out? So what do you think?” Lorelle bites on her lower lip, feeling childish and awkward but needing the help so badly she has decided it is worth a little discomfort.

OOCSo sorry this took so long!
Lorelle
Player

Words: 215213
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets