[Verified by Crosspatch] Lissa Maze

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lissa Maze

Postby Lissa Maze on May 6th, 2014, 2:26 am

Lissa Maze

Appearance

Race: Human, Mixed
Birthday: 23 Summer, 498 AV.
Birthplace: Alvadas, though most of her life has been spent in Syliras
Current Job: Groom at Windmount Stables (1 GM/day)

Appearance: As a mixed-race human, Lissa is a hodgepodge of different features that typically didn’t go together. She doesn’t know anything about her father’s history, but she knows a bit about her mother. Lissa Maze was born to a woman by the name of Karaya. Her race was a mix of human types, but the strongest was Vantha, with some Inarta lightening her skin and streaking her dark hair with red.

Lissa looks more like a Vantha than her mother, even—she’s not sure why, and not too concerned. It makes it harder to get sunburns. Her skin is lighter than a full-blood Vantha, but at least a shade darker than many other humans. Lissa’s hair is currently a set of black curls and waves hanging down beneath her shoulders. Secretly, she worries that it’s getting straighter, as she knows it used to have tighter rings; straight hair, she thoughts, looked less romantic. Lissa’s eyes are dark brown but have flecks of light in them, like many, in the right light.

A picture of a much younger Lissa

”Corner of the Sky” (Pippin)

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I've got to be where my spirit can run free
Got to find my corner of the sky

Every man has his daydreams
Every man has his goals
People like the way dreams have of sticking to the soul
Thunderclouds have their lightning
Nightingales have their song
And don't you see I want my life to be something more than long

So many men seem destined to settle for something small
But I won't rest until I know I'll have it all
So don't ask where I'm going, just listen when I'm gone;
And far away you'll hear me singing softly to the dawn…

Last edited by Lissa Maze on June 7th, 2014, 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

To all my threading partners: So many apologies for my major slowness, I'm being absolutely crushed by a college/health combo right now. I will be back as soon as possible and will try to keep up with any group threads. For one-on-one threads, I'll try to get back and catch up soon, but am not sure when exactly that will be.
Lissa Maze
Dreamer

Words: 35595
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 4:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[WIP] Lissa Maze

Postby Lissa Maze on June 5th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Lissa Maze

Character Concept

Let’s talk about stories.
Lissa’s world revolves around stories and magic. Not magic in the sense of Djed, or Gnosis, or anything concrete and dangerous. She likes the magic of romance and excitement, the kind that lives in imaginations and fairytales. She likes things that twist or sparkle in unusual ways, things that make her laugh or smile.

As such qualities often imply, Lissa is most often impractical, preferring romance to reality. She tries to never let reality get in the way of a pretty idea. Although Lissa is not unintelligent, she is certainly not thoughtful or contemplative in the least. Although she does not try to be unkind, nor does she always go out of her way to be unusually kind. Her intelligence is best described as ‘clever’, holding the connotation of that word as slightly manipulative.

For the moment, though, Lissa is truly just a kid (though anyone who tries to tell her that will get a huffy speech from a (young) woman, thank you very much). She doesn’t have any family around that she knows of but it doesn’t bother her, and growing up somewhat an orphan in Syliras is not a particularly bad fate. She grew up happy, and intends to remain so as long as she can.

Lissa’s loves include music and stories, both to hear and to create. Though she has always wished to learn and instrument her current music is limited to singing, anywhere and anytime she can.

To all my threading partners: So many apologies for my major slowness, I'm being absolutely crushed by a college/health combo right now. I will be back as soon as possible and will try to keep up with any group threads. For one-on-one threads, I'll try to get back and catch up soon, but am not sure when exactly that will be.
Lissa Maze
Dreamer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[WIP] Lissa Maze

Postby Lissa Maze on June 5th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Lissa Maze

Character History

Pre-Creation (Until Summer, 514 AV)
Before the child of course must come the parents. Lissa’s were Karaya and Burten, virtual strangers to one another who met in Zeltiva. The child doesn’t know how long they knew one another, though she suspects that a week would be a generous estimate. Burten sailed in to Karaya’s home town, the two met. The details were never passed along to Lissa, but…”He was a very handsome man,” Karaya would say, unfolding the picture for her daughter. Holding the toddler on her lap, the picture in her hand. The young Lissa would grab for the picture, squeaking in excitement.

The association between Burten and Karaya was brief but productive, resulting in the young Lissa. Karay’s bemusement at finding herself with children was evident to any who knew her—but therein lay part of the problem. Karaya wandered between cities as she could, and lived on her own. She worked odd jobs, odd hours, and never bothered to make friends lasting longer than a month. She kept her daughter alive, fed, and clothed, but considered much else “details”. Karaya’s care was a vague if kind emotion that lacked attentive consistency. When Lissa was old enough to talk, though, things improved—for a bit. Lissa scampered along after her mother, sitting in the corners of shops and restaurants as her mother worked or browsed, demanding the attention of passersby as she got bored. She grew to love stories and music, wandering through the streets in search of either, and—to her mother’s surprise—horses. The creatures scared her at first, but after a few encounters with friendly beasts and willing owners, she grew to like them. By the age of eight, LIssa spent more time making a nuisance of herself at local stables than trailing her inattentive mother. Unable to shoo her away, those she met in stables eventually taught her some about horsemanship, a skill that sometimes turned into a job as she grew up.

Lissa doesn’t quite remember when her mother disappeared. It was a gradual process, which started when she was either 8 or born, depending on one’s perspective. Karaya spent more and more time at taverns, and came back drunk if at all more and more nights. Eventually Karaya stopped coming back every night, and thus weaned herself from her daughter’s life. Disapproving neighbors cared for Lissa until it became clear that Karaya was gone, at which point they took her too an orphanage in the city. Lissa grew up from then much as she’d started. A happy-go-lucky child became a carefree teen in Zeltiva, jumping job to job. At the age of 15, Lissa insisted she was not a child and moved out of the orphanage, renting out a room for herself with the money she’d earned from the every-shifting jobs she held.

Lissa’s life is usually straightforward. Her secrets are often quiet pieces of omission. The one true secret—the type that sometimes whisperes from the back of her mind but rarely gets to the front—is, as it so often would be, a person. Lissa’s memories of her mother are often indistinct or trivial but for the one. One night when Karaya ahd come home drunk to her 8-year-old, she told Lissa something surprising. There had been two babies, not just one—for a few ddays. From then on the long-dead twin became a private imaginary playmate for Lissa, who longed for a sibling. She will soon discover siblings in her life outside her mind.

In Winter of 513 AV, Lissa was approached by a hooded figure with red hair, a woman she did not know. To Lissa’s intrigued delight, the woman was evasive aout her identity, but handed the girl a letter with enough discretion to make Lissa sure it was important. Lissa found someone to read it to her—multiple times. She carries it in her pocket with the picture.

The Letter :
Lissa,

To finally have reached out to you now even though it is too late, it fills my heart with both joy and sorrow. Because I know you exist and know that you are my daughter, yet even so I couldn't ever approach you no matter how many times I'd passed through Syliras. This letter may come as a shock to you but I am indeed the father you never knew, and to my greatest regret we'll never have the chance to meet one another unfortunately. When I had met your mother I hadn't the idea that I would've felt the way I did about her, honestly there was only one I did feel for and she had died after my first son was born. That boy is named Ricky, and he lives in Zeltiva now bound to be a father on his own too. I can assure you that should you ever need a family to look after you, he is most certainly a fit example in being the family figure I would have in mind.

Though I say this with pride I can't actually say I know how he will react, he doesn't know there is family out there beyond himself. He is independent and highly focused on keeping it so, namely because I am at fault for disappearing on him when he would've needed me the most. The eight years spent away had definitely changed our relationship, but now that I know he'll make a fine father I feel ready to welcome the coming events with open arms. I know that my time is coming soon, though I don't know when or how I know it will happen. To many times I've managed to elude death, and now that I've finished every task I've left in this life I accept whatever is to come. You're brother is a strong man and capable of many things, even if he himself is afraid to admit such a feat is in his power.

No doubt you must wonder what I did in years you grew up, namely I was but a sailor who lived how he chose. I was selfish and foolish and cared little for my actions, leading me to regret the alternative as I've learned a lot over the years to come. Now I know that by now our family name comes with a curse, one that holds a heavy weight on my heart as I share this with you. Our family is doomed to suffer Lissa, doomed to endure a lifetime of tragedy until at last we can bear no more. Others have called me mad for belief in this, but I swear to the Gods that this curse is real. Which is why that I must stress that you don't give up, no matter how soon you come to face a cycle of sorrow that never ends. You've a family out there you can count on, and that family will deliver only should you first seek them out. I wish I could've wrote more in this letter but alas, the parchment is near its end and my own hand is rather sore. From all the unsaid words I've left to send, as you have other brothers and a sister out there as well.

Either way what you choose to do is up to you, just know you're not alone in this world. You have family, and they will help you out. I wish I could've met you in person, it would've been an honor to meet my second and youngest daughter.

Your father,
Burten Maze

Lissa Maze
Dreamer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[WIP] Lissa Maze

Postby Lissa Maze on June 5th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Lissa Maze

Language

Fluent Language: CommonAs the primary language of her home, Common was one of the language Lissa acquired naturally.
Basic Language: FratavaSyliras is a coast city, and as a child Lissa picked up basic Fratava from the Svefra ships in the port.
Poor Language: VaniLissa’s mother was more Vantha than any other human race, but did not find much opportunity to speak Vani—and it was not her first language. However, Lissa did learn enough to list it as a ‘poor’ proficiency language for herself, when asked.

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Storytelling 15 RB 15 Novice
Singing 5 SP 5 Novice
Horsemanship 20 SP 20 Novice
Riding (Horse) 15 SP 15 Novice
Persuasion 10 SP 10 Novice

Lores
Lore of Syliran Geography
Lore of Syliran Culture

Possessions
1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt (Offwhite)
-Simple Pants (Tan)
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak (Dark Blue)
-Simple Boots (Brown, well-worn but certainly still servicable)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Lisa’s heirloom isn’t flashy, or public. In fact, nobody really has any reason to know of its existence. She doesn’t look at it often, even, but she always has it in her pocket.
It isn’t much to look at; a small but detailed drawing, locked into its grey-black lines on an offwhite square of cloth. It shows a grinning sailor with his arm around a shorter woman, smiling and leaning against him. It’s a drawing of her mother, who she recognizes, and her father—a man her mother likely knew for a very short time. As a toddler, Lissa had played with it like many young girls would a doll, and so her mother left it with her. She doesn’t like the finality that it gives her fantastical stories about her imagined father, but she keeps it anyway—separating a tiny piece of reality and tucking it away.

Housing

House: A small single room at Traveler’s Row; since Lissa chose to move out on her own, she’s waiting for a permanent place and living in Traveler’s row for now OOCIn reality, I wanted to cash in my housing package since Lissa will not be living permanently in Syliras, but needed an excuse for why she would not have a permanent lodging since IC she has lived her almost all her life and doesn’t realize she won’t be living here for the rest of it. I will pay up for however long she’s lived here this season when she officially leaves, as at the moment I’m not sure of the exact days. I’m assuming she hs been living here before this season for a bit.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Housing Trade-in +500 GM 600GM

Last edited by Lissa Maze on July 3rd, 2014, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lissa Maze
Dreamer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lissa Maze

Postby Lissa Maze on July 3rd, 2014, 6:15 am

Placeholder
Last edited by Lissa Maze on July 3rd, 2014, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lissa Maze
Dreamer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lissa Maze

Postby Lissa Maze on July 3rd, 2014, 6:15 am

Lissa Maze

Thread List
Summer 512 AV
15 Summer: The Little Storyteller (In Progress)

Spring 514 AV
3 Spring: Horsing Around (In Progress)

Summer 514 AV
5 Summer: Hands and Hooves (In Progress)
6 Summer: Tall Tales (In Progress)
13 Summer: The Value of Learning (In Progress)
33 Summer: Unexpected Ties (In Progress)
34 Summer: Family Connections (Placeholder)
66 Summer: Opening Night (In Progress)

Lissa Maze
Dreamer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets