Roscoe's Journal Entries and Correspondence

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Roscoe's Journal Entries and Correspondence

Postby Roscoe on May 24th, 2014, 8:08 am

Letter from His Father

Letter(Partially Read) :
Roscoe,

Is that the name your mother passed on to you? I must apologize as she only reached out to me once after you were born, though she never mentioned anything specific about you within the message she sent. She only told me that you remained in Sunberth, and of course my mind wandered to you on occasion even if I had no proof you were my child. Yet I felt it. I felt the same connection upon seeing you as I do with my son, I somehow knew that you were in fact my child right then and there. I didn't know who you were with but you looked to be in a better place than I could offer, as I myself have had a rough time raising my other boy. How I wished I'd stepped up to you then, offered to bring you home with me to Zeltiva. These eight years I've spent looking for your other family members has been hard, but alas the task I'm leaving behind is even harder. I know I can count on her to deliver this letter to you all the same, as she is a resourceful and resilient woman.

But now I've digressed. No doubt you know from reading the words above you now know that this letter is from you're father, but now its time I explain to you just who your father is exactly. My name is Burten Maze, and I've lived my life as a sailor in Zeltiva. That and some pretty bad choices is what led me to meet your mother, which I have to say I'm deeply sorry that you've had to grow up knowing nothing about who you came from. Either way I've done a lot of things I'm not to proud of, and would certainly tread back in time to correct the wrongs I've done. Even so that doesn't mean I can dwell on these regrets, since I know my time is coming soon. I know good and well that I'm bound to die myself, as death is no stranger to me anymore seeing as how I've managed to evade her time and time again. This time though I will welcome her with open arms, knowing that my own son will be a father all on his own.

Oh, the two of you would've got along so well. He grew up to be a fisherman but in turn became part of the city guard, and seeing him become the man he is today has never made me all the more proud. Though I won't be around to set a better example for you, you can look to your brother to do so should you ever find yourself in Zeltiva. His name is Ricky, and you certainly won't have a hard time finding him. Serving as part of the Wave Guard he's bound to have some small reputation about him, so start there and then sure enough you'll find him. As far as you're concerned though, in part the other reason why I wrote this letter, you're my son as well. Even if I've never got to see you grow I know you'll do me proud too someday, but first you must know to follow your heart and to never let despair hold you down. Our family is cursed with the misfortune of tragedy and it doesn't end with just me, nor will it end with you or your brother either. You two are direct descendants from me, and your children could no doubt be affected by this family curse as well.

You're not the only child I've had other than Ricky, it took a lot of time and dedication but I found that you weren't the only child that came from your mother. You were born with a sister though I could never find a name, I only know she too resided in Sunberth for a time. I wish I could say more about her but alas what little I've found has led me nowhere, perhaps in my journey to reach out to your other siblings I will come upon her and learn more about her.

It's only a speculation I have as your uncle thought I was driven mad, for all I know he was probably right in the end. Still you must believe me when you read this, our family is no stranger to misery as misfortune will visit often. Should this cycle have already started for you, then by all means look to the ones that still live in your life. Your family. Your friends. The people who are there for you are the ones that will help you, yet they're also in danger because of you. Maybe it is a curse or maybe its just bad luck, but please stay safe and don't allow yourself to fall victim to a life of sorrow and regret like I have. Take it from a man whose learned too many mistakes, and look towards the brighter things in life. I wish I could write out more but alas that's all the room left on this parchment, so I guess I'll just have to end the letter here and hope for the best.

Good luck my son,
Burten Maze
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Words: 85779
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 10:28 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal