PM to join Dallen's drunken day out.

Dallen gets drunk, and has an unexpected meeting. Hilarity ensues.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Dallen's drunken day out.

Postby Dallen on May 30th, 2014, 9:32 am

Dallen McHenderson

Spring 514, Day 32

Dallen, as always, was about the town, painting. He had found a spot on the Cerulean Pier, and was painting the sunset over the waves, a solitary ship silhouetted against the fiery orb. With a few strokes of his brush, he finished, and dusting himself off, stood up. Letting the paint dry, he placed the canvas flat upon the ground, and popped his spine by leaning backwards, hands over his head. Pulling the brim of his hat low over his forehead, Dallen rubbed his eyes, freeing them from the glare of the sun. It had been, what, five hours, since he had last done anything than paint? He needed to do.... something else. After an appropriate amount of time had passed, he rolled up the canvas, and putting it under his arm, began jogging to his home.

When he reached his small flat on West Street, he saw Akia Gratton, his childhood friend, sitting on the front steps, waiting patiently. When she saw him, her face brightened, and waved to him. Dallen, smiling, jogged over to her. "Hey, Aki. What're you doing here? Doesn't your da's business need as much help as it can get?" Sitting down next to her, he noticed she had a satchel sitting on the ground next to her.

Shoving him, and smiling, she said, "Stop, don't be mean. And no, my da doesn't need any help from his eldest child, at least not tonight. Which is why I come bearing wine!" Pulling out two bottles from her satchel, she smiled infectiously, and Dallen began to grin similarly. Patting her shoulder, Dallen said, "Well, Aki, I like the way you think. Just let me put this canvas inside." Unrolling it, he showed it to her. "I made it off the Cerulean Pier, just like that other one." Grinning sheepishly, he laughed. "I don't know why I like to paint there so much, but still..."

Akia, with a slight glimmer in her eye, said, "I think I have an idea..." Waving her hands at him, she made a dismissive motion. "Now put that thing inside! We must partake of the wine!" Dallen mock saluted, and spinning around on his heel, unlocked his door, and striding over to his desk, lay the painting upon it. Sprinting out the door, he locked it quickly with the key around his neck, and grabbed the satchel with the wine, and putting it around his neck, pulled Akia by the hand, smiling. Laughing, Akia ran behind him.

Once they stopped, Dallen bent over, panting, and looked around, noticing where they were. They were on the edge of East Street, near the University. Whispering to Akia, he said, "C'mon, let's go, it might not be safe here, let's go to the path around the University." Nodding, Akia looked around. They didn't know who they might've attracted to them, running about like that. Nonetheless, once they reached the University's area of influence, they popped open their bottles and started to wander around aimlessly.

Other's Words My Words NPC's Words

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Words: 29774
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Black Onyx on June 1st, 2014, 4:19 am

x
Black had been leaning her back against a building, the hood of her cloak up and covering her face, shadowing her features in darkness. No one really saw her face unless she wanted them to and half the time, it was only to strike deals and rarely did she ever show a target her face.

Her location was on the edge of east street, overlooking the university, a perfect spot for finding targets. You got the drunk and disgusting men and occasionally the women that stumble down east street and then you got the assortment of weary travelers alike, a buffet if you knew what to look for.

At this time of the day however, Black was not really paying attention to many of the people, her focus upon the wall across from her. Why? She couldn't begin to wonder why, it was probably just because she was having a day where her thoughts led her off. Mostly to one of those days, where her parents would occasionally take her out of the city to run in the green.

It was the raucous laughter of a couple of people, that brought her out of memory lane, her gaze flickering to the two that seem to be having fun with what appeared to be a bottle of some kind.

If they weren't drunk already, Black had a feeling that they soon would be drunk. A nice time to go pick-pocketing. Pushing herself off of the wall, she followed behind the two, making sure to keep a distance and to stay among the shadows where she would be less noticed.

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dallen on June 2nd, 2014, 1:28 am

Dallen McHenderson

Dallen and Akia failed to notice the thin, undernourished Kelvic thief hanging along the wall as they rushed past, so the girl's cover was safe, so far. Taking a long swig of the bottle, Dallen turned to Akia and said, "Y'know, Aki? I have a question to ask you." Akia, blushing, waved her hand, as if motioning him to continue. "Have you ever thought about the world outside of the city? I mean, I've been around the most, between the two of us, and I haven't seen ANYTHING..." Taking another swig, he looked at Aki. "So, Akia, I'm planning on leaving someday.... Would you come with me?"

Akia, drinking out of her bottle, said, "Pffft. Like you'd even have to ASK. I'd go wherever you are, Dallen, that's a fact." Dallen, touched, blushed and took a swig of wine, steadily becoming more and more sloshed. After a moment, he looked at Aki curiously, and burst out laughing. Akia, cocking her head, asked, "What's so funny?"

Dallen, in between laughs, pointed at Akia, to himself and back again. "You.... Me.... Us? We've never really said 'nythin about it, but... I really like you, Akia. I just haven't known if you thought the same about me... and you can imagine my surprise when I found out you did...." Taking a swig, Dallen said, "Akia, I love... I love..." Dallen pitched forward suddenly, putting his arm around Akia's shoulder. Both collapsing, they laughed. Akia, taking a drink, brushed her hair behind her ear, smiling at Dallen, a rosy color to her cheeks.

Pulling him up, she said, "I know, Dallen, I know.", and kissing him on the forehead, began pulling him towards a bench, stumbling, laughing and cursing the whole way. Groggily, Dallen entwined her hand with his, still hanging around her shoulder. They still hadn't noticed the thief, and if this sort of thing kept happening, they might never.

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Black Onyx on June 2nd, 2014, 2:19 pm

x
Just as Black had first suspected, the two were indeed getting drunk on whatever those bottles contained. Must be light weights, she told herself as she continued to watch them like a hawk watching their prey. Most of the time, she had to wait for bells before someone got drunk enough to not pay her too much attention, so she considered herself lucky that she wouldn't have to wait around for long.

The young woman listened from the shadows as they began to speak of leaving to see things outside of the city and a pang of jealousy swept over her. Damn the humans, they got everything they could ever dream of without having someone look down their noses at them. Without having the constant threat of slavery and death looming in every one of their steps.

Humans, they always thought they were so much better than the rest of those that were different and it made Black so angry. They could live a free life and have love and companionship, while those like herself was made to just look on longingly, never to be understood.

Calm yourself, she mentally told herself as she inhaled slowly, filling her lungs with oxygen, before slowly pushing it out again, repeating the process a couple of times. Getting angry would not solve anything, she had to be level headed.

The moment they began to make their way towards a nearby bench, she decided it was time to join in on the fun. Well, her fun would be a little different then their own, however, the more humans she could rob, the more she felt better about herself.

She edged her way out of the shadows and haunched her shoulders over, pretending to mind her own business as she made her way over towards the couple. Sometimes, it was better to pretend that she hadn't noticed them as she just simply bumped into the drunks.

As soon as she thought about it, her shoulder made contact with the drunken male's, a hand shooting out to steady him, while her other, delve into a pocket of his coat a curse upon her lips as she realized that the gold was not there. An error made in either her observation task, or anger. Quickly withdrawing her hand, her other remained upon his shoulder steadying the drunk man as she managed a soft, "Oh I didn't see you there."

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dallen on June 4th, 2014, 8:57 pm

Dallen McHenderson

When the thin thief reached into his pocket, Dallen noticed nothing, but even while drunk, Akia noticed Onyx's hand brushing Dallen's pocket. However, she didn't think anything of it, and instead became more aware of Black's hand on Dallen's shoulder. Eyes narrow, she slapped her hand off Dallen's shoulder, and hissed, "Hands off, wench!" Dallen, still too out of it, didn't notice this, and collapsed on the bench, pulling Akia with him. Falling next to him, Akia laid her head on his shoulder, and Dallen put his arm around her waist.

For the first time, Dallen noticed Black, and standing back up, he put his bottle on the bench next to Akia. Moving beside Black, he looked her up and down for a moment, and after some deliberation, spoke. "So wha's a girl like ye doin' out this time o' day, eh?" Looking up, he saw his hat ruffle in the breeze, and felt the first chill of a night wind on his face. Taking off his coat, he placed it around her shoulders. Patting her back, he beamed, and slurred, "Now there ya go, ya won't be cold now!" Looking back to Akia, he gave her a thumbs up, and turned back to the kelvic. "Now don't you have some place to go? I mean, Zeltiva's no Sunberth, bu' ther' a good 'nuff share o' ruffians anyways... "

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Black Onyx on June 6th, 2014, 1:11 am

x
Black felt her hand being slapped off of the male's shoulders by the other woman and she was more than happy to let go of the male. However as Dallen collapsed upon the bench, her brown hues took note of the woman who had indeed called her a wench.

Humans, they always thought better of themselves than others, something she never quite understood. One day, one day she would show them all that she was not just some... Her thoughts was suddenly cut off as the man that had previously been sitting, stood up.

She shifted upon the spot she stood while he looked her up and down, what the hell was this man doing? He must be pretty damn drunk to just be standing there. She thought to herself as her brown hues began to look for the bottle they had been drinking out of. Perhaps it was stronger than she had originally thought. He looked like he might pass out at any point in time.

Then suddenly he began to speak questioning her about why she was out and about at this time. Was this guy really that dense? She asked herself before she suddenly felt the long coat fall over her shoulders and her gaze snapped back to the male who was now missing his coat.

Now she won't be cold? Ok, that's it she told herself as she gently took the coat from her shoulders. There was no way she was going to steal from a man who was obviously stupid or just really too drunk to realize that she was a thief. "Look, I cannot accept your coat, you need your personal warmth more than I do." Yeah, that's right, just tell them they always need it the most, that's what humans are always thinking right?

Gently she tossed the coat upon the bench beside the woman, Black certainly wasn't going to go near her, not without wanting to stab the woman in anger. "I shall be off now," She said slowly in order to make sure that they knew exactly what she was doing without feeling threatened.

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dallen on June 6th, 2014, 9:19 am

Dallen McHenderson

"Look, I cannot accept your coat, you need your personal warmth more than I do." As she tossed the coat beside Aki, Dallen picked it up again and pulled her to her feet beside him. "I shall be off now," she said, walking away purposefully. Looking at Akia meaningfully, Dallen jerked his head at Black, and they rushed towards her, and going on either side of her, hugged each other, with Black in the middle. Dallen, leaning in closely, said, sweet grapes on his breath, "I don't think you'd know by looking at me, but I wan' t' be a Wave Guard. Make a dif'rence in this city, yknow? I may be dense, but I'm from Sunberth, I'm not stupid enough to not recognize a prowler." Putting his coat around her shoulders, he whispered, "Listen, you may be good at what you do, hell, you may have lived here your whole life, so I don't know why I'm saying this, but this is Zeltiva. Consequences are divvied out not just by those who y' steal from, but by the law, too. I learned that REAL quick. Almost as soon as I stepped off th' face.. Sorry, boat." Akia and Dallen both smiling at her, he said, "Now you seem the cynical kin' o' sod, but still, would ye' like to talk about it?"

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Black Onyx on June 6th, 2014, 2:53 pm

x
The surprise hug was most definitely a surprise, to say that it was the least unexpected thing to happen on her list would be an understatement. In fact the moment she felt their arms wrap around her form, she had tensed up, almost expecting a dagger in the back or at least a slit throat. Hey, if they were that good at acting drunk, they really would have fooled her.

She smelled the drink upon his breath, which made her wrinkle her nose, but his words caught her off guard, he was observant, even when drunk on whatever it was that he was drunk on.

Black felt the familiar weight of the jacket as he slipped it back over her shoulders, why he kept persisting, she didn't know. It was a puzzle that kept eating at her. Why did this human even care? It's not like she could just go out and get a job. She couldn't read, nor could she write. She didn't have any skills that was worth anything to anyone.

"Look, no offense to your dream of being a wave guard but.." She sighed softly as she glanced to the night sky, she was about to tell him that it was a waste of his time. But would it be? He could do something, be something.

She sighed as she began to shrug off the arms surrounding her, "If they catch me, I'll rot in prison. What does it matter? Besides they have to catch me first and so far, they haven't managed to yet."

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dallen on June 7th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Dallen McHenderson

"Look, no offense to your dream of being a wave guard but.." The girl sighed, and Dallen glanced at her curiously. She seemed conflicted. Even while drunk, the girl's feelings were obvious. She was naturally cynical, but wanted to believe in something more. Of course, Dallen was drunk, and couldn't understand this. He just knew that the girl was a muddled mess.

"If they catch me, I'll rot in prison. What does it matter? Besides they have to catch me first and so far, they haven't managed to yet." The girl was shrugging them off, so Akia stepped back and looked at Dallen. Dallen shook his head at her, pointing slowly at the girl and himself and back again, hoping Akia would get the message.

Moving beside the girl, Dallen put his arm around her shoulder. "Listen, girl. I'll tell you this. Every person, no matter who they are, at one point, deserved kindness. That's what causes this kind of shyke, like a father abandoning his son, or an entire family getting killed in front of a small child. They didn't receive the kindness they deserved." Taking a drought from his bottle, he held it out for the girl to take. "Come, let's talk." Grinning, Dallen sarcastically spoke, "I get all metaphysical when I'm drunk."

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Black Onyx on June 8th, 2014, 9:31 am

x
Black couldn't help the small groan that reached her lips as she felt his arm wrap around her shoulders. What were they? Some kind of person that talks about life? She didn't want to talk about life, life was shyke, but that didn't mean that she wanted to talk about it.

She shook her head at the bottle, there was no way that she was touching that. "I don't drink, it messes with my senses." She screwed up her nose in order to get her point across about the drink.

With a sigh settling upon her lips, gently she moved to take the arm off of her shoulder, her brown hues looking into the male's own hues. "I don't mean to just leave when you really want to talk about, whatever it is that you want to talk about. I just don't feel comfortable talking about it, at all."

That was the truth, after Black's parents were murdered, she always kept an eye out, watching her back for those that could possibly mean her harm. She watched out for the suspicious people that were not fellow thieves. In fact, she lived in fear of the day the killer would come back to finish her off, but he hadn't.

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next