Open Night holds many things

Another end of a never ending nightmare

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Night holds many things

Postby Markus Cron on June 7th, 2014, 10:55 am

67, Spring, 514 AV

M arkus stepped out into the cold nights air. A wonderful breeze blew his long, red hair in his face. Today work in the House of Immortal Pleasure wasn't so hard. The last customer was a guy named...named...who cares. In the end he passed out three minutes after they even started. He had payed a pretty coin for a young, long, red haired boy. And because they didn't have one, Markus needed to use a bit of metamorphing. In the last week it had been the third order and right now his head was aching like mad. Maybe later, when he will be at his new apartment, he will change his hair back. But not now, he was too tired.

The boy was dressed like any other almost poor citizen. All his good clouse he kept in the brothler. Gray wool shirt, pants and a bag on his back. The only thing, that could cach someones attention is the silver ring on his finger and silver earring, that was reflekting a bit of the moons lunar light.

Tonight he chose to take a bit longer rote to his home. Markus hoped that relative clean air will help his headache, what became stronger by every minute. Few drunk bastards passed him, but Markus didn't give a miza about them. Reaching another bridge, the boy stopped right in the middle of it. It was a full moon night. It shined in the sky like a huge, oval coin in sky. Clouds, which looked a bit purple, covered it as well. Stars twinkled one by one.

In this moment Markus could imagine why people traveled to this rat hole. Ravoka was romantic. It was mysterious and beautiful. But on what this beauty was built? Pain, money, slavery. Without these things Ravok maybe couldn't exist. Like every night, Markus again asked himself,
"Could I? Could I live, if I left this place?"
And the answer came in the moment.
"I couldn't!"
He couldn't and the reason was easy, he felt addicted to this city. To the life it provided. Day by day Markus had seen suffering, pain, lust for blood, money, flesh. Ravoka and the House of Immortal Pleasure had showed him all this. Half of these experiences he had felt himself. The other half he had seen. When he was learning meladiction, Markus thought that he choice this discipline because it was quite easy. Later he understood that he was fooling himself. Telling the true, Markus enjoyed pain. His pain, others pain. His first artifact, what he made, caused the wearer to feel depressed and homesick, even if he was at home. It was made from a bird, which had been cough and kept in a cage for ten years.

The boy smiled and went forward. He crossed the bridge and wounder in a little maze of homes and streets. By now Markus didn't even think where he was going. He was so deep in his thoughts, that he just went autopilot. So it wasn't a suprise that he ran into a wood pole, sliped and fell in water.
Markus Cron
My flesh is for sale. Not love.

Words: 3649
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2014, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet