[University - Wright Library] Stonemiller

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Aram on September 12th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Aram was aghast at the professor's blatant overview of his knowledge. "Talk...less...?" He mumbled to himself in almost a whimper. He had more or less just been put down by someone almost four feet shorter than himself. He chuckled, it was an irony he could appreciate, once he thought about it. "Oh no, I have a little...cottage. It's quite small, but it works," he said, his voice even again.

As he stood there, watching the Pycon go about her business, he thought that he should read people auras rather than what they say. It would make for much less of him feeling bad. He knew the professor hadn't meant for it to be an insult, and she was right, he did have very basic skills in her field. That would change, someday he would be a better alchemist.

"I can...try to do that. What's next?"
Aram
Player

Words: 10898
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2010, 4:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Hatter on September 13th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Rack-It was content with that. Whatever that was. The Pycon was damn near impossible to gauge. Even her movements were erratic. And somehow she always managed to make as much noise as possible. How she acquired her name grew more obvious with each passing chime. When Aram spoke again the golem-like construct spun about - for no apparent reason - and hopped back up on to her stool. She placed her hands on the doorway, pushed, then lifted her feet up until she was standing atop the alchemical object. Her motions were well practiced. How this inane, crazy little wizard became a professor in the university remained beyond reason at this point.

"Next? My experiment is next! But I do not need you for that, no no." She shook her head and gestured around the lab. "Won't need'ya for another five days when classes start, ya? Ya. So! Oh. Wait. The Pycon set herself down on the edge of the doorway. She treated the delicate magical device like it was her own set of monkey bars, but her intention came clear when she shoved the now signed and detailed form into Aram's face. Or toward it. She did not have the reach to get it that close.

"You need to take this to the Registration Offices. Not the Registrar! He's busy. The offices! They'll file it, store, and'n give you vouches and notes and a list'a stuff you need for classes. Yup." She impatiently fluttered the parchment. "Go go go!"

OOCWe can either end this thread here or I can keep leading Aram around the university grounds, up to you!
Hatter
Something Auspicious

Words: 61629
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Aram on September 13th, 2010, 3:00 pm

(OOC: It's fine if we end it, but I have no idea how to go about doing classes at the university afterwards, if you'd be okay explaining it to me.)

Aram took the parchment from the crazed looking Pycon and headed out the door, placing it back on its frame when he left. He wasn't quite sure what he thought about working for a professor like this yet, but he was sure he would get quite the experience from it. He headed toward the registration office once again. He never knew that getting into classes was going to be so exhausting, always running here and there for this and that. He was almost certain that he'd fit in perfectly among this bunch of lunatics. He smiled to himself as he crossed the campus grounds to the office he had been to 2 or 3.. or some number of times before, a number that was sure to grow countless times as he progressed in his studies.

Aram reflected back to his time with his master, Marhaz. Learning with him had been quite easy, and he had never had to share his learning with anyone. Here things would be very different. He wouldn't have someone to watch over him and teach him the ways of life to go along with his magic, just magic, he was sure. Life was much different now that Marhaz was gone. He sighed to himself, another aspect of life come to show itself, life and death were of one. He would have to wade his way through the waters of life alone for now. His face was a grim mask as he entered the office yet again.
Aram
Player

Words: 10898
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2010, 4:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Hatter on September 19th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Awards for You!

Character: Aram
Awarded XP: +2 Rhetoric, +1 Reimancy, +2 Auristics, +1 Alchemy, +1 Politics
Awarded Lores:
  • Zeltivian University Campus (Layout of the campus)
  • University Faculty [Minor] (Minor contacts with the University Professors in Zeltiva)
  • Race: Pycon [Minor]
Other Rewards: +Job (Alchemical Apprentice to Professor Rack-It, No Pay, Seasonal Living Expenses Paid For, Up to three Free Classes)

Observations of a Mad Man: Not much to say since I was opposite you the entire time! Let me know if you think you deserved more/different skills and we can discuss it in PM. I'll let you know about classes when I know more.
Hatter
Something Auspicious

Words: 61629
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous