[Verified by Crosspatch] Tesni Sagevale of The Amethyst Clan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Tesni Sagevale of The Amethyst Clan

Postby Tesni on June 7th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Appearance

Race: Drykas
Birthday: 85, Spring, 498.
Birthplace: Endrykas

Appearance: Tesni has long, strawberry blonde hair that reaches past her waist. She usually keeps her hair down, but when she's riding, she braids her silky waves back. Her face is rounded but slender, and her large, round fiery sapphire colored eyes compliment her fair skin and rosy cheeks. Her body is slim with long arms and legs. On the front of her lean torso, she has a large scar that reaches from her hip to her collarbone. On her back, Tesni proudly sports her massive Windmark that stretches across her entire back.

Character Concept

Tesni is generally quiet and goes out of her way to avoid human (or any other humanoid race) contact. She is extremely stubborn and set in her ways, and will refuse any suggestions offered to her, even if she knows that it would be in her benefit. Due to being orphaned at a young age, she has learned to cope with being alone for most of her time, and the only person she had ever truly trusted was Orti; but now that he has passed away, she finds no reason to trust others. She does not tolerate weakness, and continuously struggles with being underestimated due to her age.

Tesni has a borderline unhealthy obsession with her Strider, Drue, and her worshiped deity, Zulrav. She puts her focus on them in front of her own needs to such an extent she may forget to eat or sleep at times. She will do anything within her power to give Drue a fulfilled life, no matter the cost. All of the confidence she should have for herself goes towards the confidence she has for her Strider.

Due to her past and her ridiculously strong bond with her Strider, Tesni sees social interaction as foolish and unnecessary. But more than anything, she uses this as an excuse to be somewhat rude and absurdly blunt towards people who offer their kindness to her.

In the presence of others, Tesni always makes an effort to appear independent, and that she doesn't need any help or pity from anyone else, but no matter how hard she tries, she has a terrible sense of direction. For Tesni, getting lost somewhere is an extremely dangerous and frightening experience for her.

Character History

Tesni was born into an extremely small Pavilion made up of four people in total, including herself. This included her mother, Delilah, her father, Zakiv, and the Ankal, Orti. Both her parents were travelling merchants, and left to trade in some city without ever notifying either Tesni or Orti first quite often. As a child, even at the age of three, Tesni felt that her parents disappearing wasn't something they should have been doing.

By the time Tesni had reached the age of four, her parents went against the Ankal's direct orders, leaving once again for a city nearby to trade without telling anyone. What they didn't know was the group of merciless glassbeaks nesting nearby, and they paid for their ignorance with their lives.

When Tesni received the news of her parents' deaths, she was unable to shed even a tear, since she really knew nothing of them whatsoever, they never stayed around long enough before leaving to trade again. She was more angry with them than anything, because she had really been raised by Orti, and she was furious that they had disobeyed a direct order given by the Ankal.

After the death of her parents, Tesni was continued to be raised by Orti, who taught her how to ride and care for her Strider, which she had bonded with at the age of eleven, how to draw, and basic swordsmanship. The one thing he hadn't been able to teach her thoroughly was navigational skills. Before he was able to, he had died of his old age, when Tesni was twelve years old.

Since then, Tesni had learned to rely on only herself and her Strider, and forced herself to believe that she never needed anyone for anything, no matter what happened to her. Although, she did in fact get lost quite often, and that made her terribly vulnerable, and in that state of vulnerability, she was quick to accept help from others. Once out of this state, she would revert immediately and refuse and further help.

In order to stay alive, Tesni has taken up the occupation of transporting goods for merchants from different locations. In one particular case, she had transported grain into the city of Riverfall shortly after her weapon shattered while fighting off wild glassbeaks. With the money she had received from her mission, she set out to purchase a new weapon. Tesni came across a travelling merchant who offered her a Wakizashi made with steel not found in Riverfall. Little did she know that the steel was just the same as any other steel one would find. Tesni had become too distracted by the romanticization of the magnificent weapon she was offered to analyze it further, and purchased the Wakizashi with the money she had just earned.

Language

Fluent Language: Pavi
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: Tukant

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Riding +10 RB, +20 SP, +1 SP 31 Competent
Horsemanship +10 SP 10 Novice
Drawing +5 SP 5 Novice
Weapon: Wakizashi +15 SP, +1 SP 16 Novice
Running +1 SP 1 Novice
Intimidation +1 SP 1 Novice
Socialization +1 SP 1 Novice

Lores

Lore of History of Endrykas
Lore of the Importance of the Strider
The Danger of a Glassbeak flock
Riding: Clinging onto a Fleeing Strider
Wakizashi: Timing Swings with Breaths
Tallis: Mistaken for Zulrav
Tallis: a Stormwarden with Strange Talents

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing (Colorful)
-Simple Dress
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
0 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: An Amethyst crystal point pendant on a black knotted leather cord made by Orti just for her.
Amethyst Crystal Point Pendant :

Housing

House: 1 large tent (4 person)
1 large tarp
100 ft of rope
1 lantern
2 torches
1 bedroll
1 blanket
1 set of fishing tackle & hooks
1 bonded Strider (Drue)
1 Yvas
1 large set of Yvas bags

Note on Yvas:
The Drykas use what is called a Yvas on their horses rather than bridles and saddles. A yvas is what equates to a girth with an attached breast collar combination hung with hooks and topped with a small flat hand grip that lays along a horse's shoulders. The Yvas is often placed over a colorful pad that acts to protect the horse from the rider. The grip fits over a strider's withers which holds the yvas in place. It almost looks like the type of thing vaulters used on their draft horses, though it is more functional than a vaulter's pad. The horses can free themselves from them if they got separated from their riders, and do not have tack to entrap or tangle them when they are running loose. The yvas has ring tethers on it for handling a set of wither bags and a waterskin, and is often decorated in knot-work beading that identified the horse and rider as part of a specific pavilion.

Drykas ride without any headgear or bridles on their horses at all. They do not use any halters either.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Wakizashi -100 GM 0 GM

Tesni's Faithfully Bonded Strider

Name: Drue
Sex: Stallion
Breed: Cyphrus Strider
Color: Black and white pinto
Size: ~16hh

Thread List

1st of Summer Still Not Strong Enough
2nd of Summer Lost and Found

General Information :
1. What is your Name? My name is Tesni Sagevale of the Amethyst Clan.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? I do not.
3. How old are you? I am sixteen years of age, born on 85th of Spring in the year 498.
4. What is your height? I am currently 5 feet and 7 inches tall.
5. What is your weight? I am currently 125 pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I am an honorable horsewoman of the Amethyst Clan, and what I lack in my appearance I make up for in the beauty of my Strider!
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. I have never had the time or the interest of asking other people what their opinions of me are, nor do I care.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My favorite body feature is my exceptional Drue’s robust forearms and hind legs of course!
4. How physically fit are you? I am in perfect physical condition for horseback riding.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I dress with what I own, and that is all. There is no particular ‘style’ to it, just that I refuse to wear anything that isn’t made with purple fabric.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I believe my parents’ names were Delilah and Zakiv Sagevale. I do not know much of them, only that they foolishly disobeyed our Ankal’s orders and went on a journey that lead to both their and their precious Striders’ demise.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I do not.
3. What is your extended family like? My other Drykas brethren are very kind and forgiving.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I do not have any close friends, they are unnecessary.
5. Do you treat animals like family? My Strider is my family.

1. Where were you born? I was born somewhere in Endrykas.
2. Where do you live now? I travel around throughout Endrykas.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Anywhere that is suitable for Drue to live.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I don’t go on vacations.
5. Where do you fear to be? Why would I fear any certain place?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I do not have any physical weakness that deter me from my daily tasks, but I do have a scar on my torso that reaches from my hip to my collarbone.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? I do not use one hand more often than the other.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Pavi fluently, I can hold a simple conversation in Common, and I know a few words of the Tukant language.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I am but a simple Drykas, what truly defines me is my Strider.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? As a full-fledged Drykas, I have my Windmark signifying my bond with Drue. It is black in color and spreads across my entire back.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I am currently a courier for hire. (Not a very good one, though...)
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? It is not a matter of like or dislike, it is something I must do.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? If I could do anything, I would breed horses.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Horse-breeding, there is nothing more fulfilling.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? Thievery and assassination, if you can even call that an occupation.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I was a normal Drykas child, there was nothing really special about me, other than the fact I was orphaned at the young age of 4 years.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? Meeting Drue for the first time.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? When Orti, the Ankal, passed away.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I had no relationship with them, since they idiotically died before I even had a chance to develop one.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Orti, he was the only family I had, other than Drue.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I know how to read and write in the Pavi language, ride a horse, tend to a horse, and I dabble in drawing and swordsmanship.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I am indifferent to such things.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Orti taught me how to read and write, and he also taught me in horseback riding and horsemanship. I learned swordsmanship and how to draw from him, as well.
4. How do you learn best? I learn best on my own.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I hope to learn dual swordsmanship, and further advance my knowledge in horsemanship and horseback riding.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? It is unnecessary.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I am not so easily fooled into trusting people.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I do not plan to be a relationship, but if I was, it would be with a man.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. I am a virgin.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I have never been drunk before, I don’t plan to be.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No, I do not.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? None.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I will never try any kind of drugs not given to me by a healer.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I think that drugs and alcohol are a hindrance to society as a whole, turning noble men into drunk hooligans.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I enjoy drawing and riding with Drue.
2. Do you like to read? Sometimes.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Liars, cheats, disloyal imbeciles, and animal abusers.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Brushing Drue's soft coat relaxes me the most.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Any shade of purple.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Sunset.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Drue, of course.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I enjoy eating carrot stew, and I despise mushrooms of any kind.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I prefer sunny days, Drue seems to be his happiest during days like that. But I truly enjoy thunder storms, I feel as though the almighty Zulrav is sharing himself with me.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I am neither, I am realistic.
2. What are your religious views? I worship Zulrav with all of my heart, but I don't think he likes me very much, since I always get lost.
3. Would you be able to kill? Of course.
4. What are your views on sex? W-what kind of question is that?!
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Doing what you truly want to do in life.

Actions :
1. What is the best thing you've ever done? I bonded with Drue.
2. What is your greatest regret? I never spent enough time listening to Orti's teachings; all I ever wanted to do was ride my horse... But I know now I could have learned so much from him...
3. What is your best/worst memory? The death of Orti.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would have helped Orti live a longer and happier life.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I am most proud of bonding with Drue

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Th-that's none of your business...
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Not that I am aware of.
3. What makes you happy? Being with Drue makes me happy.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I would most definitely die for my precious Strider.
5. What makes you angry? When people try to take me for granted, underestimate me, and insult Zulrav.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? I treat them differently based on how they approach me. I rarely approach others.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Nothing in life is important to me other than Drue's happiness and safety and worshipping Zulrav.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Orti, he was truly an amazing man, more like a parent to me than my real ones ever were.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. I have no interest in such things.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? I would never trust anyone with my life.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I avoid people in general, so this does not apply to me.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? No.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I do not like interaction with any size group of people, because I just don't really like people.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Not the tiniest bit.
5. What do you think of others, in general? I don't really care about others.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? I have yet to find my greatest strength.
2. What is your greatest weakness? I have little travelling experience.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? If I could change something about myself, I would make it so that I would have a much better sense of direction.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I am generally organized, when it comes to Drue, that is.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I find Zulrav most appealing, of course.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I do not fear any God or Goddess, I have never been given a reason to.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? I hope to one day receive the Stormwarden Gnosis, and become Zulrav's faithful Champion.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I would go as far as sacrificing my own life if that is what he desires.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? The only task he could possible give me that I would be unable to perform is the sacrifice of my dear Drue

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? I live to please Zulrav and to care for Drue.
2. What is the best part of life? The best part of life is being with Drue.
3. What is the best part of death? I have not experienced it, therefore I can make no judgments.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? If I had to choose, I'd want to be whisked away by a fierce storm.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? After I am gone, I wanted to be known for my very own duel bladed style of fighting and as an honorable horse breeder.
Last edited by Tesni on June 16th, 2014, 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tesni
Player

Words: 16893
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2013, 9:27 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes