[Riverfall AS Office - Baku] From the Water to the Grass

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

[Riverfall AS Office - Baku] From the Water to the Grass

Postby Baku on September 19th, 2010, 9:42 pm

Have you ever stepped into a puddle of water with socks on? It’s sort of like seeing a ghost, isn’t it?

Welcome to my Office, oh walkers of the Grasslands and Riverfall. Feel free to step in, have a seat, and leave your financial information on my desk. As the Domain Storyteller for Riverfall, I will be here to help you in the Grading of Threads for Riverfall and the Sea of Grass, as well as tossing out Modded threads to those who wish. First off, the guidelines for posting in my office….

1. Post a link to the thread you wish to have graded. It’s generally simpler for me to click on a link than go fishing through the boards for the thread in question.

2. If you have a specific skill you’re aiming to improve, include such within the post. There are some actions written out that could be graded to one skill or the other. If you have a preference, make sure we know.

3. I won’t bite your head off if you feel I’ve been stingy with your awards. If you feel you deserve more, PM me over such and present your case. If you convince me, I will add more. Do such before poking another Mod for new grading. It will likely save other mods and yourself, a headache in the long run, and will prevent me from wanting to bite your head off for simply running off to someone else and cry, “Gimme!” Chain of Command and all.

4. I like to be prompt when awarding, but there will be times where Real Life could get in the way. Exercise the phrase, “Patience is a Virtue.” If I haven’t graded your thread within a weeks time, feel free to PM me about it and slap my hand though, because I may have had a brain freeze and forgotten.

5. I am accepting bribes. I'm not saying that will get you anything special, but I am accepting them.

Now on to the purpose of Modding a thread for you.
What I like and don’t like to Mod?
I can be open for just about anything, however I may hesitate over threads involving certain types of magic depending on what you may request. Leave all requests and suggestions out of the office so I can avoid clutter, and instead PM me about them.

I won’t do any predetermined threads, however. If you have an idea of how you want your story to go from start to finish, then there’s no need for a Mod, simply write out a solo thread. If it’s a thread that’s in need of a certain NPC that can’t be self-modded in a solo thread, expect things to not go exactly they way you may want. Surprise is often the spice of life, after all.

My one rule for threading with me (aside from the rules already in place with Forum and Founder), communicate any delays that will prevent you from posting anytime soon. I understand that real life will throw a curve ball at you from time to time, whether it be work, your computer blowing up or personal/family issues, but at least let the one’s you are threading with know if you are going to be delayed. It’s disrespectful to the one’s you are threading with to simply disappear. If you are gone for longer than 3 days without prior notification, expect something bad to happen to your character in the thread.

That’s about all the yammering you’ll hear from me for now. More may be added to office rules as time goes by. Now go, scoot. Shoo, shoo. Post, and continue your story.

Threads I'm Currently Moderating
Special Note: Moderated threads listed below are closed, unless otherwise noted in the list. New players may not join the thread without express written permission sent to me by the players already involved, and approval of such myself.
Riverfall Threads:
About Your Father...
You Got to Learn Somehow

Sea of Grass Threads:
Last edited by Baku on November 19th, 2011, 2:08 am, edited 9 times in total.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office