[Tuvya Sasaran] First days falls. (Ghedan Windhowl, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Ora Sa'vina on September 10th, 2010, 3:10 pm

20th of Fall, 510 AV

It was the first day of work for Ora; she was going to be teaching dance, well, at least trying to teach dance. The Konti knew she wasn't at the skill level required to teach others, but she would still try to, after all, she was lucky enough to be given the position. The young woman woke up early in her new housing, a part of her wished to stay in bed all day, the expensive bed was far too comfortable.

After a while, the Konti was dressed and ready to go to the Tuvya Sasaran, she wore her dress without the cord wrapped around her waist and he feet were covered with her tan shoes while she carried her black dance shoes. Ora went, ate and headed out of the Bah'tian resorts early, the sun was still rising while she navigated the tiers, heading for the Tuvya Sasaran.

Ora wasn't exactly sure where the building was, but by the time the sun was acquiring it's morning position in the sky and after the 8th bell rung out she had found the building. Entering the large structure, Ora was directed to a large open room with a wall of windows overlooking the cities lower tiers.

The young woman smiled at the large area, so much space! No doubt she'd be able to dance like she did on the isle! She would have the space she needed here.

A sudden pang of fear hit Ora as she realized that she wasn't even sure what to teach; her mind scrambled to think of her first lessons on the Isle, it was almost exclusively footwork, easy enough, right? The Konti slipped off her tan boots and placed them by the door, slipping on her black dance shoes.

The Konti would practice her dancing until a student would come, if a student would come. She started on one side of the class, facing the windows, her back to the sliding door which was cracked open. She stood still, looking out over the city for a chime before her legs moved quickly from under her, spining her body as her fingers and arms moved on their own. Her speed increased as her crossed the room. Then one foot caught under the other and a small noise escaped her lips as she fell to the floor. "Damnit... Again." Ora stood and began her dance again.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ghedan Windhowl on September 13th, 2010, 3:48 am

Ghedan walked slowly through the streets with an air of purpose regardless of the fact that he had no idea where he was going. Glint trotted next to him; he wouldn't have let Ghedan go alone. He had seen a sign for a dance class on his way to the inn. Dancing had always intrigued him, the way people managed to glide their way over the ground and embody music in their every movement.

Now all he had to do was track that sign down. He knew it was on the top level. That was pretty much all he knew.

Eventually, after much purposeful looking getting lost, he came across the Tuvya Sasaran, a rather important looking, hard to miss building. He felt slightly embarassed at his antics but then realized that there wasn't really anyone who had watched him the whole way so no one could know.

He stepped inside, the occupants of the building eyed Glint suspiciously, but he assured them that the fox was completely tame. Besides, he could tell that Glint was eager to watch him make a fool of himself.

He heard a slight thump, like that of a body hitting the ground, and figured that that was a good place to start looking for the dance class. He stepped inside the room.

"Uh, hi there." He said to the Konti woman, the only other occupant in the room, "Is this the dance class?"
Languages
Bold and blue ~ Common.
Bold and red ~ Pavi
Ghedan Windhowl
When did I lose myself?

Words: 8697
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 11:47 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on September 15th, 2010, 11:59 am

Ora was caught off guard, she wasn’t expecting someone to show up first thing, but, she knew better than to act the fool and stood up quickly. “Hello!” She said, her face flushed from her embarrassing stumble. Falling when you’re the teacher isn’t exactly the most promising sign. With a small nod while she brushed off her front was her answer to her first student.

She took a step towards the man and bowed her head slightly, her hands resting at her sides. “You have come to the right place, I am Iaila Cailvhas, and I will be teaching the dance class.” Her head rose and she smiled at Ghedan. “Have you had and experience dancing before?” Ora seemed relaxed, her shoulders were back, her face held a slight smile.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ghedan Windhowl on September 21st, 2010, 2:14 am

"Um. No." Ghedan replied a feeling slightly awkward. "But it's always intrigued me, so I thought I should give it a try since I have the chance." He offered a half smile.

"My name's Ghedan," he felt a gentle nudge at his leg, "Oh, and this is Glint. So, do you think anyone else will show up?"
Ghedan hoped so. He didn't know how well this would go if he was the only student.
Languages
Bold and blue ~ Common.
Bold and red ~ Pavi
Ghedan Windhowl
When did I lose myself?

Words: 8697
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 11:47 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on September 22nd, 2010, 6:20 pm

Violet eyes blinked a few times, seemingly shocked. "Never danced?" To Ora, this seemed almost blasphemous. How could someone not dance? Even once? After the slight shock washed over Ora, her attention seemed to refocus. "Well, you have to start somewhere, do not be nervous, I will not start you off with anything too difficult."

At his introduction, Ora bowed her head slightly to both Ghedan and to the small creature named Glint. "It is a pleasure Ghedan, Glint." His question was a reasonable one, and Ora honestly was unsure of an answer. "I am not sure, this is my first day. If someone shows up I will be sure to catch them up to what we are doing, if that is alright with you." Ora smiled and motioned towards his feet. "It might be best to forgo the shoes for now, you will have a better feel of the floor with bare feet." Ora moved to stand in the middle of the room, one pale hand motioned to the hard wood floor next to her. "We can start off with footwork, you need a good base and control over the movements your feet make otherwise the dance seems awkward and it is quite likely for harm to come to your ankles and feet." It was obvious that Ora enjoyed what she was talking about. As she went in to , perhaps too much, detail about the importance of foot work, she motioned to her own leg and foot, pointing the areas most likely to bi injured due to careless footwork.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets