Farewell (Lit)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Farewell (Lit)

Postby Khiara on September 22nd, 2010, 7:23 pm

8th of Fall, nighttime. (click the link below for music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzfNU76f2V8&p=8E5346CE9F9CAC57&playnext=1&index=10

It was dark. Very dark. All around, as far as the eye could see, there was nothing but velvety blackness. Khiara stood, hugging herself, turning slowly on the spot. How did she get here, and where was here?

"Hello?" She called out, not sure what else to do. Her voice dissapeared into the abyss, swallowed and muffed by its thick cover. It was freezing cold here, and as she began to walk there was the crunch of icy snow under her booted feet. Looking down, the vantha realized she was dressed in her avanthal gear. Looking back up, she continued to walk on, unsure of where she was going. It wasn't just nothing, it was the endless night of winter. And she was home. In the distance, a horse whinned.

"Vsenri?" Khiara called out, moving faster. Up ahead, there was a faint glow of white in the dark, snow had begun to fall gently on her hair. Getting closer to the glow, the brunette slowed. A figure moved towards her from the darkness, slowly. Around her, the darkness felt heavier. She felt lighter. Lifting her hand to her face, she realised she was floating. It wasn't snow. It was the ocean. Glancing up, she could see the very faint glow of the sky far above her. The girl was so deep down, the sun couldn't find her. Still, she didn't feel afraid. Turning her eyes to the brightening figure, she could make out a face. As the face came closer, Khiara smiled.

"Eliac. Where have you been?" The man stopped before her, hair floating gently in the water, and a soft orange glow lighting his figure. He was just as handsome as she remembered. But he looked so sad. His eyes reflected a summer green, swirling with gold.

"Khiara. I brought you something." Moving closer, the sad vantha held out his hand. In the palm was a small flower. Smiling, Khiara took it.

"It's beautiful. Thankyou. Can we go home now?" Her smile faded as Eliac continued to look at her.

"You have to let me go, Khiara. You have to move on." Looking at him, her eyes filled with tears and she shook her head.

"No. I can't. I miss you too much." The glowing young fisherman smiled sadly. Behind him, a dark shape floated silently by. It wasn't threatening, but it was beckoning.

"It hurts me to see you like this, dear heart. Please Khiara, you have to let me go." Leaning forward, he kissed her cheek and closed her hand around the flower.

"I love you. I'll always love you. I've come to return your heart, Goddess pray you stay safe." Pulling back, he began to turn away.

"Wait, Eliac! Please, don't go. Don't go!" She tried to move to him, but the water held her back. Crying, she reached out to him as the boy moved towards the dark shape. It was an orca, waiting for him. He climbed on, and turned to smile at her. Lowering her hand, the vantha nodded.

"I love you too." She whispered, and with a warm grin, Eliac nudged the whale. Slowly, they faded into the darkness, leaving her alone...

Khiara woke with a start, gasping at the darkness. It took a moment for her to realize where she was. Warm, and tucked into her bedding. In Endrykas. Blinking, she sat up. The fire was nothing but embers, but it gave her enough light to make out her surroundings. There was something in her hand. Looking down, she opened her fist. A small white flower sat in her palm.

Running a hand through her hair, tears on her cheeks, the vantha reached for her backpack, taking out a familiar item. Eliac and the Whale. Laying down on her side, the young woman looked it over in the low light, keeping the flower in her hand. For a long time, she simply relieved the dream. He wanted her to go. And he was happy. Closing her eyes, she kissed the carving, before placing it down beside her backpack. The small white flower, she carefully placed beside it. Drying her eyes, she smiled.

"Goodbye, Eliac."

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)