The hunt and a meeting

Sarai meets Gilva

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The hunt and a meeting

Postby Sarai Naavah on July 5th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Settled in on her branch Sarai’s eyes were wide with excitement making them appear even bigger than natural for her already large eyes. Excitement thrummed through her veins in the anticipation she felt waiting for Gilva to start dancing for her, she even bounced a bit in her perch. When he reached for her spear she paused in her bounce wondering if he had finally figured out she was the leopard he had originally been hunting. A tick later the fear was washed away when he pierced the ground with his spear letting it reach for the sky. The girl’s head tilted curiously to see what he was going to use his spear for like that, spears were for hunting and she had wanted him to dance.

Finally he started moving and her eyes were glued on him and nothing else, she gripped some bark between her fingers and she leaned onto her legs against her chest as if that would help her see better. The seductive movements were definitely not what she expected but she shrugged to herself and just enjoyed the movements of his legs and his hands. She didn’t show much outward expression to his dance except a large smile that bared her large eye teeth and wrinkled the corners of her eyes. However when he suddenly used the spear to twirl around his feet off the ground she let out a gasp and a whistling call to egg him on unable to help her cheering enthusiasm. It ended all too soon for the Kelvic, the seductive twists in his body becoming more aggressive and his form stalked closer towards her in her tree.

A laugh of joy erupted from her lips when he kicked his feet into the air in a gravity defying pose and she started clapping her hands together before he even finished. She was in love with the dances he preformed and the moment he stood up and seemed to stop the kelvic girl was standing on her tree branch and leaping off of it. If she could she’d leap right onto him and wrap her small body around his in the biggest hug she has ever given “That was beautiful!” She grinned and if she had managed to leap on him she’d kiss his cheek, her whirlwind of hair surrounding them until she removed herself from him and backed away a pace. “You’re an amazing dancer Gilva! You should dance always!”

Hopping from one foot to the other she briefly tried to mimick a few of his more seductive moves since she was pretty sure she couldn’t have even attempted the handstand dance he preformed. The Kelvic would grab his spear and swirled around it wiggling her hips the way he did though she kept her own feet planted firmly on the ground. When she circled the spear twice she stopped in front of him with a hand on her hip and her hip pushed out to one side she let go of the spear and held her hand up in the air “Ta-Da!” She grinned from ear to ear and then relaxed her stance and let her grin turn sheepish “I’m not as good as you but you were beautiful!”

She nodded with her words and hopped on the balls of her feet briefly before she looked back at Gilva “It’s getting late though…” she pointed up into the trees where the light was barely filtering through now. “…we should get back before the night animals come out… I think they’re scary.” She nodded and tried to reach out for him and take his hand in hers so she could start leading them back towards the grasses and out of the forest. She wasn’t entirely sure he’d know his way back but since she spent so much time out here she remembered easily.
Sarai Naavah
Stick to the shadows and you'll survive.

Words: 40490
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2014, 8:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The hunt and a meeting

Postby Gilva Snowsong on July 8th, 2014, 6:17 am

The boy was filling pride, for he had successfully impressed his audience. Any performance, regardless of the size of the viewers, should be praised. This was the beginning of establishing a meaningful reputation, or so he believed. Gilva was content with the girl clapping, so he was surprised when Sarai had provided him with an impromptu hug and kiss. He became flustered at the thought that this was the only kiss he had ever received from someone other than his mother. However, he tried his best to suppress that emotion. This was an embarrassing fact that he would do his best to omit.

Gilva watched the girl as she took her chance at the spear. It wasn't professional material, but for the sake of fun it was an enjoyable sight. There was a sort of irony to watch the girl perform the very routine that she had inspired him to create. Her finish was met with a light applause from the boy's hands. There was no need for it to be aggressive, lest he risk the chance of attracting the attention of the creature from earlier.

When she had indicated the time, Gilva didn't hesitate to accept her offer. He grabbed his spear and yanked it out of the ground, leaving a circular impression as a memorial to the time that they had spent together. It was a pity however, that Gilva did not get to fully accomplish what he had set out to do. He did not get to hunt, or properly identify the creature that he had briefly encountered. This day had briefly exposed him to a greater truth of the world. There are more species in existence than just the animals that he had been familiar with in Avanthal.

There was more irony in this day than the boy had experienced in his lifetime. It was a complete role reversal between the two, where Gilva thought that he would be Sarai's guardian from the wild beasts of the forest. Instead, she was the one leading him back to the safe haven of Zeltiva.

"Alright, no sense in being here any longer I suppose."
Vani | Common
Gilva Snowsong
Player

Words: 53665
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 11:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Plotnotes

The hunt and a meeting

Postby Redd on August 22nd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Sarai Naavah

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Observation +5XP
Socialization +3XP
Tracking +1XP
Hunting +1XP
Stealth +1XP
Acrobatics +1XP
Running +1XP
Rhetoric +1XP
Climbing +1XP
Dancing +1XP

Lores
➢ Quiet moments are rare
➢ Freedom: A little scary
➢ Summer: A distracting time of year
➢ Hunting: Fear in its eyes
➢ Pray: Paying respect to the taken life
➢ Meat: A delightful treat
➢ Quick thought, quick action
➢ Shifting: Easy as breathing
➢ Gilva: A clumsy hunter
➢ Gilva: His words don’t match his actions
➢ Gilva: Loves dancing and telling stories
➢ Gilva: An amazing dancer
➢ Fear of being discovered
➢ Night animals are scary

Micellaneous :

Injuries
➢ N/A
Loot/Expenses
➢ N/A

Gilva Snowsong

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Observation +5XP
Tracking +1XP
Hunting +1XP
Socialization +1XP
Rhetoric +2XP
Dancing +1XP
Acrobatics +1XP

Lores
➢ Life is just passing me by
➢ Hunting: Not really my thing
➢ Grey Cloud: Associated with bad days
➢ Spear: Length needs consideration
➢ Tracking: Following paw-prints
➢ Tracking: Water covers tracks
➢ Embellishing the truth
➢ Hunting: Necessary for protection
➢ Fanning his ego
➢ Sarai: Enjoys climbing and hunting
➢ Sarai: Simplistic
➢ Being nude is a natural thing
➢ Dancing: A story presented in movements
➢ Dancing: A reflection of Sarai
➢ Animals: More species than expected

Micellaneous :

Injuries
➢ N/A
Loot/Expenses
➢ N/A

Notes

➢ I really enjoyed this thread, the dance routine kinda made me laugh!

➢ If you feel like I am missing something, please do not hesitate to contact me!

If you feel that I have left out something or made an error of some kind, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you have any questions or comments, again feel free to contact me. I don't bite, I swear. Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)