Flashback Strength of Body

Altos learning to fight from his uncle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Kingdom of Sultros is made up of five cities; Sultros, Vizerian, Coglias, Terras and Pitrius along with their own Citadels. In addition, the Kingdom encompasses hundreds of square miles of mountainous, nearly inhospitable land. Trading posts, border posts and a number of unique, exotic and often dangerous sites exist both above ground and below.

Strength of Body

Postby Altos Ironheart Coglias on March 13th, 2014, 1:45 am

Summer, 489 AV

Ragged breaths escaped his mouth, and sweat dripped down his face. His chest heaved in exaggerated movements as he tried to gain some much needed air. Altos still could not control his breathing as he'd been taught to during combat by his uncle. Standing across from him was that same uncle and that sight was equal parts awe inspiring and demoralizing. Damiras Ironheart had the body of a man trained his whole life for war. He stood there with shoulders broad as a mountain itself and a physique extremely muscled and nearly as hard as stone.

"Come now boy, you can't be done yet can ya?" the man smiled and laughed at Altos as if mocking him "Or are you really that weak?" It was an obvious attempt to stoke Altos' anger but he wouldn't fall for it. The last time he had, he'd received a sound beating and a stern lesson. Anger in a fight would blind you, make you quick to chose a wrong decision and get you killed. A small grin was the reward he received for the accomplishment, instantly followed up by a quick step in and a right hook to his stomach.

Altos lowered his left arm and leaned in to try and absorb the blow. He felt the impact even through his Arm, ignoring it he slipped his arms around Dam's waist and lifted him slightly to the air. For a moment they were still and then Altos let Damiras fall backwards into the ground. Scrambling to take a position on top of his uncle he rushed and was rewarded for his lack of caution with a swift punch to the chin. He stumbled backwards face uplifted a little, as he brought his view back to uncle he saw the man was already up and closing on him. For some reason he couldn't focus and was having trouble moving. He felt the palm of his uncle's hand and his feet being kicked out from under him. The world passed by in a flash and he slammed into the training floor which even though it was made of sand still hurt an enormous amount.

Altos' eyes snapped open as he felt a sharp chill all over his body. The sight above him was uncle grinning and holding a bucket that he surmised had been filled with water a moment ago. This was not the first time he'd been knocked unconscious and it was never a fun experience.

"You gotta remember to protect your chin, and your breathing is still horrendous Altos" his uncle now spoke with the stern voice and look of a teacher "Your getting better though" he outstretched his hand waiting for Altos to grab it. Grasping the outstretched hand Altos was quickly pulled up. Rolling his shoulders Damiras walked a couple of feet backwards. "Time for the next round" his uncle said as he settled into a stance.

Grinning Altos decided that if they were going to keep going he might as well have some fun with it. He was going to have bruises tomorrow morning, but then again he usually did. "Are you sure you can keep up old man? Wouldn't want to throw out your back"
"me" "you" "Ser Logan"
Altos Ironheart Coglias
Squire of the Syliran Knights

Words: 54027
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2014, 7:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Strength of Body

Postby Raien Ironarm Pitrius on July 19th, 2014, 10:22 pm

XP Award!

Name: Altos Ironheart Coglias

XP Award:
Wrestling +1
Tactics +1

Lore Award:
Damiras Ironheart: A Truly Daunting Opponent
Combat: Staying Calm is a Priority
Wrestling: Retaliation through a Block
Wrestling: A lack of Caution can Cause Pain
Wrestling: Damiras's Sweep-kick
Combat: Being Knocked Unconscious
Training: Awoken by a bucket of Water
Combat: Protect your Chin!
Wrestling: Getting Right Back Up

Injuries:
Bruises: For a couple of days, Altos will have a multiple small bruises located on his head and back. And a slightly larger one on his leg, which will take a little longer to heal. Additionally, his chin will be quite sore for the next week or so.

Grader Comments:
A rather short thread. I gave what I could, however, for most of it Altos wasn't really using the skills actively himself. For that reason, I think the real reward here is in the lore, which I tried to be more generous with. If nothing else, Altos has learned of his uncle's chin-leg sweep kick movement, and how important it is to protect his chin. That being said, it was a very enjoyable read! And I loved how you included an actual move which I myself have done in MMA.

P.S
I know you haven't exactly been active lately. But I wanted to go ahead and cut through the list, and since your spring costs were deducted, and everything was in order. I went ahead and granted you a grade. ;)
Raien Ironarm Pitrius
Blackarm the Strong

Words: 109742
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2014, 8:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets