Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Minerva Ravitz on July 31st, 2014, 10:03 pm

Hello Mizaharians! Call me whatever and I'll probably respond. :D

I have about a year of experience in chat-based roleplay (Runescape), and I've participated in a tabletop roleplay called Exalted. I'm fairly new to forum-based RP, though, and I'm averse to posts and responses that go beyond three to four paragraphs. I get the need for detail, though, so if the situation calls for it I can deal with longer.

I favor slice-of-life RP where I get to have a peaceful chat with other player characters, or PvM-style RP with a team of players vs an NPC boss encounter. I'm not a huge fan of PvP in roleplay, although if it's done well it's fantastic.

I'm not completely sure what direction I want to take my character in yet. In combat MMORPGs, I typically prefer to take the tank or healer/support roles over DPS, and in roleplay I favor noncombat over combat. But, beyond that, I'm not too sure how to flesh out a fitting character for Mizahar. I'm still reading through character creation and such, but would like a bit of guidance here so I don't end up with a skillset which clashes completely with the established world.
Minerva Ravitz
Player

Words: 11134
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2014, 3:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Adelaide Sitai on July 31st, 2014, 10:55 pm

Marhaba (that's Arabic for hello, phonetically) and welcome to Mizahar! It's a great community with some awesome lore, so I am sure you will have a great deal of fun. I'd immediately advise you to read the Starting Guide and your Race Lore thoroughly if you have not already, as that's important for the creation of character.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do as best I can to answer.

Good Luck and, once again, welcome to the fun world of Mizahar!
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Hello!

Postby Minerva Ravitz on August 1st, 2014, 12:00 am

Ahlen wa sahlen! =D (I speak Fusha Arabic as a second language! I'm still not all that great at it, though, and I don't exactly know any of the dialects.) I'm still trying to figure out a good starting city. Syrlias looks active and a good enough fit for a blacksmith, but... even though I'm picking through the lore and getting a handle on that, the forum itself is a bit confusing at first glance. I'm not really sure where to begin...

EDIT: Ahaha... I got lost in too many pages of lore. What's a good starting location that doesn't have quiiiiite such a burden of knowledge? I can sift through a few pages with a good enough roadmap.
Minerva Ravitz
Player

Words: 11134
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2014, 3:24 pm
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 1st, 2014, 12:13 am

Alright. So here's how I would do things.

A) Read the Starting Guide thoroughly.

B) Read the information on whatever species you've decided to go with thoroughly. In your case,human

C) Start about making your CS in order to get your thoughts together. You can edit this numerous times before starting to play, if you like, before you've finalised it. This is the Character SheetForum where you can post it.

D) You could have already chosen a city. If not, then do so. Unless you have your heart set on something, try and go for somewhere with an active storyteller. It will make things a lot easier for you and everyone. Syliras is excellent, but also good are (for example) Ravok, Riverfall, Kenash and Sunberth. Here's the City List

E) Finalise your Character Sheet, making sure you have relevant reasons for your location (History) and, if you decide to have magic skills, where you got those. Include relevant skills to the job you want.

F) Wait for it to get confirmed, but until then (unless you have a red cross) you can start playing.

G) Register in the appropriate thread. For example, "Character Registration for the City of ..... Summer 514AV"

H) Have fun! Once your Character Sheet has been looked out, you can sort out any issues at this point.

I) Play, play, play! Join open threads. Create your own threads etc. Also, arrange a job with a storyteller.

Hopefully, that will have been of some help. Otherwise, just say if you have any more questions or if I've stopped making sense.
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Hello!

Postby Khida on August 1st, 2014, 12:22 am

Hi, Minerva, and welcome!

There isn't really a skillset I can think of that "clashes" with Mizahar -- you can develop your character in pretty much any direction. If you're going with a blacksmith, that should fit well in a number of cities, including Syliras. There's a lot of noncombat and character development RP throughout the site, so you'll have plenty of opportunities there.

One of the characteristics of Mizahar is its depth of lore. There's going to be a goodly amount of reading no matter where you start. Don't worry, you'll pick it up as you go! Adelaide already covered the general process of setting up a character, so I'll just add that if you have specific questions, you can come into Chat and ask them; someone will generally have an answer. There's a link to Chat at the very top of the page.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)