Flashback A Little Flirt Here, a Little Flirt There [Nickolai Marin]

Riyk is new to Zeltiva, but doesn't mind looking for new boys

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Little Flirt Here, a Little Flirt There [Nickolai Marin]

Postby Riyk on August 1st, 2014, 3:16 am

13th of Summer, 509 AV

Riyk had just arrived into Zeltiva last season. So far she has wiggled her way into the heart of a young bar tender, he seem just to be working their occasionaly. With his hands placed firmly on the tavern counter he listened as the Myrian tried to sway his opinion on her not having to pay for her drink. Her legs were curled under her as she sat on them to lean over the counter. Mainly because it exposed part of her chest, except for the thin scar, and Riyk's eyes were following her delicate finger as she traced it over his hand in thoughtless circles." How about I just get a small drink for something in exchange." Riyk shrugged lightly as she suggested it. Quickly the boy shot back, " Yeah, how about money. "

Riyk moved from his hand and then on the fabric of his shirt, feeling the fabric she looked down then batted her eyelashes before looking back at him. " We both know I don't have any money. " Sighing she tilited her head slightly, " Beside I know that little girl that hangs around isn't much fun. " As the boy looked down and thought about her words he loosed up and inhaled lightly, " You know what Riyk, I can't do this for long.. She will find out sooner or later. " Although isn't the best with Common language the accent she had gave her flirting a little diversity and flavor. A smirk crept onto her face, showing pearly white teeth. With that she scoffted, " Well she isn't here no is she? " She got even closer to the boy and whispered, " She doesn't have to know. "

Once more the boy sighed but was caught off gaurd when Riyk kissed him softly in the corner of his lips. Most people were to buzy having conversations or drinking their ale. Out of the corner of her blue eyes Riyk caught the glance of a guy, although he did just appear as just another boy who looked about her age. His eyes were almost as blue as Riyk. For a second she couldn't help herself but to stare at his attire. Coming from a place that knew absolutly nothing about she only caught little tid bits about certain people.

While she travled to Black Rock saliors would talk about their daily lives, and from what they would talk about he looked like what they called a theif. Directing her attention for the other boy she smiled as the boy blused like a child and fumbled off to get her the ale she requested. Maybe this time he will actually kiss me right. That poor boy has no clue of what he is doing.There was a small Chevos Jungle dog wraped around one of the bar stool legs. Its black tail swished from left to right. While Riyk waited she reached down and messaged one of his ears and he showed his delight by createing a light sound of claws tapping on the wood floor.
Last edited by Riyk on August 1st, 2014, 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This character as been retired!
Riyk
I've got some bad intentions.

Words: 20480
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2014, 11:13 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickolai Marin on August 1st, 2014, 5:43 am

World's End Grotto, Zeltiva

It took just the right combination of timing and strength to get the door open; for its aging hinges loved to stick. However, having grown up with this obstacle, Nickolai knew to jiggle the handle thrice before throwing his shoulder into the wood with all his might. This was just the right combination to cause the rusty hinges to give way, thereby admitting the young man within. Fresh from East Street, the young prowler half-stumbled inside the tavern; but most were too busy with their drinks and conversations to pay him any notice. However, as his eyes swept over the scene before them, they briefly made contact with a new face. Now, Nickolai was not intimately familiar with every denizen of Zeltiva, but he had frequented the World's End Grotto long enough to see those that stuck out like a sore thumb.

And most certainly, this young woman stood out.

First and foremost, she did not carry the demeaner of one who had been out to sea for months at a time. This set her apart immediately from the rabble of sailors that usually cluttered up the joint. What's more, she did not strike Nickolai as a local in general; as she had an almost...exotic...air about her. Although he did not know her from Sylir, the young prowler was confident that she was not from Zeltiva...but he did not linger upon this observation. Instead, he simple reached behind his head and pulled his hood into place; before doing that which he had practiced dozens of times. Due to the hour, the sum of traffic going in and out of the tavern had increased, thereby providing the young man with the opportunity he needed to "get around".

When a lumbering, intoxicated bloke came stumbling by, Nickolai stepped and half-crouched, effectively veiling himself from the bar's line of sight. From there, it was simply a matter of light, yet quick, steps towards the rear of the establishment. Here, the trick was not to draw any unnecessary attention to one's self. Instead, one had to become as miniscule as possible (metaphorically speaking). This is exactly what Nickolai aimed to do, as he carefully weaved his way through the patrons in order to claim his "favorite" seat in the house. Located in one of the far most corners, this particular booth had an overhanging shelf. When the hour was just right, just like the present, the setting of the sun would cause a shadow to form right over his seat.

The perfect place to sit, observe, and select a target.

Although he was still wet behind the ears in many respects, Nickolai was competent enough in the ways of stealth to make avid usage of this location. Settling himself down, the young man then noted the presence of one slumbering at the opposite side of the table. Gentle snores rippled from the sailor's lips as he slept. What's more, as if the scene could not be any more humorous, the man held a half-consumed bottle of ale like a pillow; cuddling the damn thing against his chest. Smirking, Nickolai watched the intoxicated man sleep his drunken state off before allowing his eyes to sweep across the tavern once more. Surely, there would be a much more...challenging...mark than a drunk who had fallen asleep.

I am the Master of my Fate...I am the Captain of My Soul.
Nickolai Marin
Survivalist.

Words: 117735
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2014, 7:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Riyk on August 1st, 2014, 7:29 am

The boy came back and dropped off her drink, there was less in there this time. The worst part is there was no alcohol. No alcohol!? Riyk gave this boy a look that could kill. “ Sorry Riyk I'm not selling you shyke anymore. “ The boy would have finished his rant but then there was a high pitched yelp and the sound of small teeth trying to break leather. The yelp was familiar to Riyk and she quickly looked down to see Ntoto struggling to get his tail from under about 200 pounds. Riyk growled and quickly pushed the man. He defiantly moved a distance, his balance was off and he stumbled back into a few other people. Unhesitatingly Riyk began to snap at the man, “ Chukumu yala! “

After that Riyk talked quickly in her Myrian tongue and pressed a finger on his chest. In the end, like many Myrians, she was hot headed. “ You can get your stupid mutt out of here, maybe we wouldn't be having this problem. “ In defensive she picked up Ntoto and hissed almost at a whisper to drunk. “ Maybe if you were dead we wouldn't be having this problem, hows that sound? Huh? “ The man was slightly off-put as she said this, not expecting such words to come from someone who look this attractive. “ You know what I don't care, I'm leaving anyway. “ He grunted and made his way out of the Inn and ran into the door, he struggled with it at first but then pushed his way out.

Moving from the noise area in the restraunt part of the Inn it was certainly quieter. Sometimes when Riyk had nothing better to do she would come back here and even pickpocket the sleeping sailors. They were drunk walking money bags. The servers already knew Riyk never came to the bar to eat, she caught her own food. So as she came in they simply moved out of the way. This areas was filled with mainly passed out sailors, not much else. Maybe a few people who were trying to dine but there was a shortage of those people. Riyk lost one way of getting free meals and entertainment. She went though a list of names that she collected over a small amount of time but there was no one she could really run to. When she sat down on one of the booths she tapped her finger rhythmically and then stopped. The boy she saw today in the bar.

Her crystal blue eyes scanned the room once until she saw the shadow. Quickly her eyes adjusted and a white smirk crawled onto her lips. Normally Riyk was more of the type to be approached first. Currently she was sitting on the edge of her booth. She was about to try her first move for attention when Ntoto interrupted her with a few shrill barks. Gasping she shoot him and glance and picked him up by the fur of his neck. Now the boy was not in her line of vision. Looking around she made sure that no one had woken up yet. Neither of them had eaten a full meal in at least two nights. The drunk next to her had a plate full of half eaten meat. Grabbing a chunk she dangled it in front of Ntoto, his small white teeth snapped to get at the food.

He crawled onto her lap and sat, tail thumping quickly as she gave in and fed it to him. Sure Myrians had strong stomachs she was to proud to eat what was already ripped apart from another mouth. Distracted she scratched under Ntoto's muzzle and made kissing noises. Everyonce and awhile there was a sence of weakness in Riyk. With a few Myrian tribal songs burried in her head she lightly whispered the words. This voice was different, it was soft and gentle, like a mother and her child. Even though she was unable to have some of her own she always treated Ntoto as though he was her own.
Last edited by Riyk on August 1st, 2014, 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickolai Marin on August 1st, 2014, 7:53 am

From his seat within the shadows, the young prowler watched the scene unfold before his very eyes. At first, what claimed his attention was the yelping bark of a tiny animal: the dog that stood at the side of the woman from before. Apparently, its tail had been stepped on by a portly sailor, which then sparked an altercation of sorts between the drunk and the foreigner. Words that Nickolai couldn't possibly dream of translating flew from her lips, whilst a slurred response was slung right back. However, the confrontation ended relatively peacefully, ultimately culminating with the sailor's exodus from the tavern. Of course, this caused the young prowler to place additional attention upon the woman as she made her way across the tavern; but ultimately he caught himself.

Instead, he placed his gaze upon the slumbering bloke before him and decided to strike while the iron was hot. After all, it was only a matter of time before one of the waitresses decided to awaken the poor sod and send him on his way. As such, Nickolai quietly shifted within the shadows, sliding himself over to the slumbering sailor as quietly as possible. In a motion that he had practiced many times before, he then reached out and made the more ginger of touches upon the side of the sailor's right thigh. This, of course, was so that Nickolai could feel the contents of the man's pocket; if any. Luck would have it that a small lump met Nickolai's touch: one consistent with a small purse containing coin. Exhaling softly through his nose, Nickolai then began the next step...

His fingers dove into the fold of the man's pocket and grasped the purse before taking a cautionary pause. This lasted only for a second, in order to gauge the response of the drunk (of which there was none), before continuing. With a swift tug, Nickolai then procured the purse and held it aloft under the table; a quick and simple motion that kept his trophy from view. Once more, he paused in order to gauge the response...and then gave himself a mental pat on the back. At once, Nickolai stuffed the purse within his pocket and slid himself back over, just in time to hear the shrill barks of the foreign dog once more. Turning, the young prowler was greeted by the sight of the foreign woman once more...and decided that it was time to fly the coop. After all, if that bloody barking woke the drunk, he didn't want to be present to see the "I've been robbed" freakout.

As such, he promptly rose from his seat and made his way over to the foreign woman; ultimately planting his bottom in the seat beside her. Nickolai did not bother asking permission, but instead hearkened to the song she sang. He had to admit, although he did not understand a word of it, the young woman could carry a tune. Allowing a polite smile to grace his features, the young prowler then said: "Good evening miss...I must say, you have a remarkable voice. Are you a trained performer of some sort?" Afterwards, he placed his attention upon the dog and stared, wondering if it could handle the large chunk of meal within its jowls.

Nickolai Marin
Survivalist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Riyk on August 1st, 2014, 8:36 am

The dog was quick to eat all the food she was feeding him. He would even swallow chunks full. Distracted by her dog she was unaware of the schemes going on in the other booths. Although she did look up and saw a quick exchange of Mizas for a empty pocket. Smirking she turned her attention back to her animal. What other people did was none of her business, if it didn't effect her she wasn't going to about it. Riyk could have it worse right now but things weren't exactly working in her favor. Sure she got maybe a few drink or a small meal for free if she "worked" for it. Even though she had what her bow and arrows could get her everyone gets tired of the same bland meal every day. Especially if she had no avaliablity to seasons or flavoring.

Ntoto growled lightly though his mouth full of meat and Riyk turned to see what it was. She was rather taken by surprise when there was a man next to her. The closer one could get to Riyk the more distinguishing beauty was. Even her hair was combed and had no trace of knots. He was quiet handsome so Riyk couldn't help but to stare for a second. The first thing she did was make sure she kept in eye contact with him. Although it was rather hard to do so when she was embarrassed for two things, feeding her dog scarps and then there was the part when she heard her singing.

Her cheeks turned a light pink and she tired to tone down her blushing. Taking in a deep breath she had to lean slightly on him in order to grab a small bone that was on the plate. “ Good evening. “ She smiled lightly, and shook her head, “ Flattered really, I'm afraid I wasn't aware that I was even decent.“ Ntoto snatched the bone from her fingers and she gave him a light pop and he was slightly satisfied that he had a bone to chew on. When she got the chance to switch her direction back to the man she batted her eyelashes. “My name is Riyk... and you are?.. “
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickolai Marin on August 1st, 2014, 9:24 pm

While there were those who would look down upon the foreign woman with distaste for the feeding of her dog with another's scraps, Nickolai did not bear judgment. Having grown up with the perpetual pangs of hunger in his stomach, the young prowler knew what it meant to survive on the leftovers of others. For a moment, he simply folded his arms across his chest and watched the jowls of the canine work; chomping mercilessly upon the succulent meat within their grasp. Then, with a mighty swallow, the beast surpassed Nickolai's expectations (for he fully anticipated choking) and licked its cheeks. Chuckling at the display, the young prowler then set his sights upon the woman seated beside him, where he then caught the unmistakable flush of pink grace her cheeks.

Apparently this was a new compliment for her, as evidenced by her reaction. "Decent is an understatement miss." came Nickolai's simple response. "In fact, I wager that you could hone your voice at the University and become quite the reknowned vocalist." Sure, he was laying it on a little thick, but it was not everyday one got to make a foreign woman blush. Of course, the bemused smile upon Nickolai's face wavered for only an instant when she inquired of his identity. This was due to the fact that there was...a dilemma. While he was confident that she was not from Zeltiva, divulging his true name could potentially jeopardize his anonymity; and that was as deadly as succumbing to a plague! As such, the young prowler quickly resumed his smile and did as he had learned over the years.

"Hornigold. Alexander Hornigold. A pleasure to make your acquaintance Riyk...Pray tell, from where do you hail?"

Nickolai Marin
Survivalist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Riyk on August 1st, 2014, 10:35 pm

Sighing softly the warm blush was no longer on her tan skin, "You are a very sweet boy." Her finger traced the circles on the table. "I don't have time for this.. University." By to busy she meant hunting for her own food or flirting her way into things. In sorts she was educated properly just, taught at home, even then they weren't taught much other than how to fight properly.

Riyk wasn't even to sure what a University was untill she came to Zeltiva a few days prior to now. Even when she said the word University she said it weirdly. As she picked up her dog, the bone locked in his jaw, he silently allowed her to move him from his warm seat and placed him next to her. Riyk knew a lie when she smelt one, but then again this was none of her business, what secrets people conceal. "The pleasure is all mine." She said softly under her breath.

Riyk smiled softly. When he asked where she hailed she hesitated and took in a deep breath. " I'm afraid I can't tell you. " Propping her elbow on the table she held her head with her hand. "You wouldn't be so entertained anymore." So far Riyk had made it this far without anyone actually questioning where she came from.

Her sweet words were enough to distract their minds. Normally when you tell someone that you are a flesh eating cannibal they tend to turn down any conversation and keep their distance. Taking herself from the part of the conversation she questioned, “ Why don't you tell me a little bit of yourself? “ Shaking her head lightly she smirked, " All eyes on you. "
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickolai Marin on August 2nd, 2014, 12:27 am

Now this was quite the interesting fact...a new face that did not have the leisure time to attend the University? For a woman her age, Nickolai half expected that the institution would be one of the reasons she came to the city in the first place. However, if education was not her reason for venturing out the thriving port city, then there must have been some other allure that brought her here. Yet, as the young prowler parted his lips in order to begin such an inquiry, he was met with her response. This only caused confusion and metaphorical red flags to form in his mind...but he let the matter slide almost immediately. For, after all, he had his secrets and so did she! "It's a shame that you don't have time," he began, "fame and fortune could be yours."

It was an impossibility for the young prowler to prevent shimmer of glee to dance within his eyes; for the very thought of possessing immense wealth was something that occured quite frequently. To never worry...to never hunger...those were things that he deeply desired with all his heart. However, those were all but fantasies and all Nickolai could do was steal to stave off the pangs of hunger. "Come now." he said with a slight chuckle, "I sincerely doubt that your homeland would cease my 'entertainment'." As opposed to pushing the issue, the young prowler instead left it alone at that point. Instead, he focused his attention upon the question that Riyk posed in response. In all honesty, Nickolai did not consider himself all that interesting...

He was the definition of a common thief at that point; but that wasn't exactly something one blurted out in the middle of a conversation. So, he told a half-truth: "There's not much to tell, really." he began, "Just a deckhand. I help the old man and my brothers down at the docks, moving cargo and such. Zeltiva has been my home since the day I've been born, and this is all I've known." Next, it was time to place the ball in her court. "How's about yourself? Tell me a little bit about yourself."

Nickolai Marin
Survivalist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Riyk on August 2nd, 2014, 3:42 am

Her eyebrows raised slightly when he mentioned what she could get out of her voice. A grin was on her face as she said this, "Fortune and fame you say." Riyk scoffed softly and shook her head, "You people sure do live differently here. "Growing up having to worry about when the next creature would stalk them in the jungle, waiting for a good taste of Myrian flesh.

Her eyes watched his carefully, Inspecting everything she could through them. The smirk on her lips grew a little, "Oh you would be surprised what people think about, " Pausing for a minute she gesture to herself and then finished her sentence, "us." For once Riyk was actually interested in a conversation that didn't involve flirting or exsesive touching. So far the only men that she had ever talked to were disgusting people and had absolutely no interest in what she was actually saying, just her promises.

In a way it was her fault thats all she would talk to men about, if it got her dinner. Riyk slightly leaned in with interest, since she knew nothing about Zeltiva or this region at all it was so enlightening to quench her curiosity. Now her smirk was no longer and now just a gesture of awe and curiosity. "Oh, I'm not that much of a conversation." Pushing her hair out of her face she thought about what to say. There was so much but it was hard to say when she didn't want to give out to many details of her past whereabouts.

"Lets see, I lived with my parents for awhile and then went on my own to see what there is to see. You get tired of just hearing stories eventually. " Flittering her freehand she added, "Well at least I did." Actually, that was the reason she told her parents but really. Everything reminded her of her sister. There was no escaping her. Although life in Taloba was a slight upgrade from where the women had much more say in things then they did here.
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickolai Marin on August 4th, 2014, 10:36 pm

As the young woman divulged the absolute, bear minimum about herself, the young prowler took notice of something that was occurring beside her. It was not her dog, for once, but it could have very well been the cause. The sailor, who was previously in an alcohol-based slumber, was beginning to stir. No doubt, upon awakening, it would only be a short while before he noticed how light his pockets felt...and so, that particular corner of the tavern suddenly became unappealing. However, Nickolai was not about to out himself as a thief to this woman...but he was not about to be the definition of rude and storm out suddenly either. So, he used the content of their conversation to his advantage. Reaching out, the young prowler boldly, yet gingerly, took the Myrian's hand in his own and raised it to his lips.

Gracing the rear of her hand with a gentle kiss, just like the so-called "gentlemen" he had heard of in stories, Nickolai then began his encouragement of a change of scenery. "I sincerely disagree," he began, speaking softly, "I believe that you are quite the conversation. Beautiful, obviously talented, the list goes on...But, alas, if you'd much rather speak on other things, perhaps I can fulfill that which you came to Zeltiva to find out?" The young prowler then released the woman's hand and slid out of his booth before standing tall. He then extended his hand to hers and smiled quite warmly. "Having grown up here, I know every corner and crevice of Zeltiva like the back of my palm. If you'd like, I can show you the city in a way you've never dreamed of."

Hopefully, this particular method worked, otherwise Nickolai would be in quite the sticky situation. However, his smile betrayed none of this. In fact, by his estimation, he seemed like a young man interested in spending time with a beautiful woman he had just met; and hopefully that was how Riyk interpreted his actions. "So, what do you say? Would you like the grand tour?"

Nickolai Marin
Survivalist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next