Solo The first hunt.

Kyo takes on his first bounty job as a man for hire.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The first hunt.

Postby Kyodaija on November 3rd, 2013, 3:12 am

12th of Fall, 513 AV.

Kyo was hanging around the docks after an evening of training. cooling himself off with the clean lake waters of Ravok to refresh himself before going home, when a woman approached him that looked rather distressed.

She had black hair that was neat and clean, and wore a fancy dress with nice golden lining and such. She had an air of nobility about her despite her rather distressed appearance. She was flanked by a woman that looked to be some kind of handmaiden or such function. Perhaps even a slave? Kyo cared little for slaves seeing them as worthless beings better served as meals.

She spoke to Kyo then saying, "I am told that you are a man of..." she paused a moment before continuing "A man who is willing to do things that other more scrupulous sorts would be unwilling to do possibly... I mean no offense but... my husband you see he has gambling problems and has gotten himself in the wrong sort with the wrong kind of people... " She began to look nervously around and seemed unwilling to speak further.

After pausing for some time she showed him a parchment that appeared to be a contract. It stated the name of a man who would likely know the location of the collector that was to kill the man known as "Sir Donald Montblanc..." Kyo assumed this name to be the womans husband. It went on to say where the man could be found etc...

Kyo rolled up the scroll and said, "I don't do thingsss like thisss out of the goodnesssss of my heart missssy. If you want me rough thessse fellasss up then you've gotta make it worth my while...." He let it sit at that and stood up. He was massive compared to this woman a full 2 heads taller, to which seemed to unsettle her quite a bit.

"I will pay you a goodly sum good sir if you can complete the contract in due course. Assuming of course these men are dealt with so as to no longer cause issue with my husband. I don't care how you do that but I expect it to be done if your to receive any pay."

Kyo simply nodded, taking the parchment and placing it inside the pocket of his pants. "Don't worry... you won't sssee me until the contract isss complete... I will keep thisss low profile ssso asss not to attract attention to your husssband... In one weeksss time meet me here again. I will have your man dead or out of town by then..."

He began to walk away from the women who visibly relaxed at his parting. Kyo turned suddenly saying one last matter before parting... "If I don't get my pay, expect... consssequencesss"

They were left with a chill feeling as Kyo disappeared from view...
Last edited by Kyodaija on July 14th, 2014, 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The first hunt.

Postby Kyodaija on November 5th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Kyo had already made his way back to Tarsin's and had begun making preparatory checks on his equipment. He didn't have much as he rarely ever felt the need to carry around more than his normal gear. Relying mostly on his Wolf's teeth club and his gauntlets.

He tightened the straps of his armor and fastened the lammellar in the several tie off points around his body. Taking painstaking care to ensure the old clasp for his right shoulder didn't get tugged to hard. It had long ago suffered from an axe wound that he still bore the scar of today. He smirked at the thought of that battle against the savage warrior and his battleaxe.

Kyo went through the motions of the fight in a sort of fake reenactment against an imaginary enemy swinging an invisible version of his club at the foe while it danced out of harms way. Counterattacking by batting Kyo's weapon aside leaving his chest completely open to strike. Kyo anticipated the intended forward chop of the mighty axe and sprung forward managing only a glancing blow on his shoulder. Then he bowled into the man smashing him into the ground. and beat him savagely with his spiked gauntlet until dead.

Kyo stood then realizing how ridiculous he must look fighting nothing to the extent of tackling the ground and wailing away at it having put scratches and dent where his fists met the wooden boards of his room at Tarsin's. He heard some banging from below him and a few shouts... Clearly he had upset his neighbor having accidentally woke him early in the morning.

Kyo continued to fuss about with his gear, gathering it together and putting the finishing touches on his armor. He turned out of his room then to go find these debt collectors... Hopefully they would resist...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The first hunt.

Postby Kyodaija on July 14th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Kyo found himself on a raft across the lake, heading towards the Lake Shore Outpost. with intent to moor there. Kyo sat patiently on one side of the ferry, noting that the humans that occupied the same vessel made a point as to avoid him staying on one side of the craft. Kyo did not mind and in fact enjoyed that the putrid humans kept there distance. He had met few humans he would trust. Fewer still that he would eat...

Kyo watched the distance edge of the lake's shore which was furiously busy with merchants brokering deals trying to make their way into the illustrious city of Ravok. For those unsuccessful enough to be denied entry they bartered right there at the lake shore. Trying to perhaps at least break even on the long journey to Ravok from perhaps Nyka or the like.

He noticed one particular merchant that was practically robbed by the Shore guard, likely due to the fact he was most certainly not human. The fool should have had his human slave do the talking... perhaps it would have brokered him a superior deal. But that's the cost of dealing with racists Kyo supposed.

Kyo having reached the other side of the lake worked his way to the place where his quarry lie. it was a tent that housed a bit of gambling and other such pleasant activities... It was a rather large tent. That otherwise was very plain and had no other particular characteristics that stood out. It was likely that even Ravok's citizens came here to avoid to many prying eyes when sating there thirst for gambling...

Not to surprisingly once inside the place Kyo could see that the crowd was partaking in a spectacle. dozens of men and even some women crowded about a circle as to men boxed to their hearts content. Many bets were being flung about. As the bet keeper took peoples names and Mizas, dancing about encouraging people to give up the coin... The fight was clearly unfair due to the fact that one man was clearly larger than the other. Though to the smaller ones credit he did appear to be the more skilled of the pair.

Kyo watched as the brute took a lumbering swing at the small man leaving himself completely open for a counter to the jaw... They were boxing with nothing but bandages so the blow was in no way cushioned blasting the mans head backward in a display of spit and blood...

This did little to discourage the brute however simply causing him to take even more lumbering swings. Narrowly coming close to hitting the small man several times causing even more bets to take place clearly in the larger mans favor...

It was obvious then to Kyo that they were milking bets with intent to drag the fight out until satisfied they had enough... when the large man would suddenly find himself beaten half to death.

Kyo only just then realized a squirrely man appeared next to him. The likes of whom did little to impose any real threat, but imposed instead an air of superiority. The man spoke aloud then saying while looking toward the fight "Your quite the large fellow care to give it a try in our impromptu arena?" He paused to look at Kyo for a moment and continued "Your clearly here on behalf of that fool whom owes me Mizas... If the codger has the money for mercenaries then he ought have the coin to settle his blasted debts..." The man pouted then smiled as he looked again at Kyo. "Here's an idea... How's about a little gambling... You fight against my friend up there and if you win I clear the old grandpas debt right off the old books.

The man looked again toward the fight nodding to the smaller boxer and giving him a gesture to end it. The small boxer did just that and whacked the man about until he lay flat on the ground an unconscious heap. Many in the crowd groaned and moaned as they realize there folly.

Kyo grinned and replied thusly "I will kill thissss man mossst likely... The man looked surprised at Kyo's accent but did not shrink away. "I will accept your challenge... But know I don't much care for liarssss...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The first hunt.

Postby Kyodaija on July 16th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Kyo had stripped down to just his slacks. as was customary for such a sport as boxing. Underground boxing was far less forgiving then customary boxing though. going on and on without anything as trivial as rounds just violence. Kyo approached the center of the circle of bodies wrapping around the 2 fighters like a group of pests... Jeering at Kyo as if he were a lamb being offered up for the slaughter.

The spry young boxer from earlier that had taken a man much larger than him approached the center of the ring. Bumping his fists to his chest triumphantly, causing the crowd to cheer for it's champion... A gorgeous human woman appeared in the center that looked good enough to eat, perhaps clean enough as well... She was skimpily dressed and had long wavy red hair. Apparently she was some fashion of slave for she had a slaves collar around her neck... Not so uncommon in Ravok...

The woman cried aloud to all those around "This is a no bars held fight til one man either falls unconscious or dies!" The crowd cheered at the second part... "No hits below the belt, kicks, grabs, butting, or gouging of any kind! Otherwise you are free to pummel your opponent to little bits okay?" She blew a kiss to the other fighter and then to Kyo... Walking off the stage as she did toward a little bell on a stool.

She picked up the bell and a small mallet next to it. pointing the mallet at the smaller man first saying "In this corner we have ourselves Jacob the Mad Dog! Champion of this blood sport!" Everyone cheered in unison... "And in this corner we have the strange foreigner from another land! Who wishes to do battle with the Mad Dog!" The crowd again cheered aloud. at this point the mob wanted blood and simply was to loud for the girl to continue. But through the din Kyo heard a familiar sound... *DING!*...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The first hunt.

Postby Kyodaija on July 17th, 2014, 12:49 am

Kyo put his fists up in a stance like his father used to show him as a child, holding his fists up in front of himself in a crane like fashion, a position that favored offence over defense... Right fist above left fist slightly crouched as if ready to pounce.

The other man however went with a far more crowd pleasing stance. His arms at his side as if to say come at me I'm wide open... He was being cocky due to his utter destruction of the last opponent. Kyo was not so amused...

Kyo charged forward coming to a slow just short of his opponent, intending to use the length of his arms to his advantage against this smaller man, he was even bigger than the last opponent this "Dog" had faced. Kyo struck out with a series of left jabs as the man bobbed and weaved back and forth obviously seeing through the rhythm of Kyo's attacks. He backed off a bit and moved around his opponent waiting to see what he would do now...

The Mad Dog smiled and advanced forward arms coming up into a fighting pose finally as if he was only just now getting serious. He lunged in closing the distance not so surprisingly quickly ducking under a couple punches that Kyo lunged out with. The Dog came in low hitting Kyo in the stomach with a few quick shots then bounced away when Kyo lashed out in retaliation.

They stood apart then, Kyo glaring at the impudent but no doubt skilled little man. He refused to lose to a man practically half Kyo's size. So Kyo decided to even the odds in terms of speed a bit...

He slowly moved the Djed in his left arm up to his shoulder, feeling the power flow through to his chest and creep its was across, all the while he held himself in a defensive posture with his now weaker left arm being used to poorly parry the mans onslaught of blows. Kyo could feel is abdomen and arm screaming in pain, begging for him to use both arms to guard his stomach. But he crept the power into his right arm letting it flow all the way to the tips of his fingers... He would wallop him with a solid and fast strike.

Kyo lashed out with lightning speed that the little man had not been expecting. swinging from below with a Flux generated uppercut to the man's jaw. perhaps if he had had gloves on the mans fate would not have been so grim. He felt the mans jaw crushed by the force of the impact, shattered like no doubt his ego was...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The first hunt.

Postby Kyodaija on July 20th, 2014, 1:50 am

Kyo was quite nicely bruised on his left arm and stomach. A testament to the skill of the boxer he had just faced. It disappointed him that he had to resort to using magic to keep up with the little bastards speed. He kept his eye on the crowd that seemed rather displeased with the outcome of this match... Though a few seemed to have bet in Kyo's favor and were getting quite the payoff.

He had already rearmed himself with his armor and weapon off to the side when the man whom originally approached him showed up, a pleased look on his face. "I was right to let you fight I was. Old mad dog there was starting to get a little punch drunk anyways..." Looking toward the unconscious and half dead man on the nearby "medical" bed. "He wasn't much interested in the trip that I had planned anyways..." This time he looked to Kyo with an inquisitive look in his eyes. "After you have finished your bit of business I would very much like to see you join me in my expedition to my grand old hometown of Sunbearth. Sorts like yourself are more than welcome in the city of anarchy and violence!" He handed Kyo a paper then. On it detailed that in 7 days time they would set forth on their journey, detailing substantial pay to preform the journey...

Kyo nodded to the man and set off to retrieve his pay for the already finished task...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The first hunt.

Postby Kyodaija on July 20th, 2014, 2:08 am

Kyo clutched his sack of coin collected from the foolish gamblers wife. It was a generous ammount that begged to question why they simply did not pay the gambling debt in the first place...

He looked again at the paper as he made his way to where the tent had previously been a week ago. Having packed all his things for the journey ahead, he arrived to see that the caravan had packed up the impromptu gambling hall already and was nearing it's time of departure.

This would be a long journey...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The first hunt.

Postby Nemesis on August 1st, 2014, 4:14 pm

Kyodaija

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Boxing +2
Flux +1
Negotiation +1
Observation +2
Unarmed Combat +#p1

Lores

*Boxing: The Rules

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None notable

Loot/Expenses
    *+20gm for successfully completing the woman's request.

Notes

*Remember that living in Poor Expenses will result in muscle degeneration over time, until you up it, and it will take time to regain it, so Kyo is currently no stronger than a normal human (as of Summer 514).

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)