Caretaker Skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Caretaker Skills

Postby Nanami on July 28th, 2014, 9:10 pm

I'm just building up my character now, and I hope to make her a hired caretaker and protector for a woman with palsy. And while the caretaker profession has no prerequisites in the Price List, I still need a skill to base her income on as something she can 'level up'. But I'm having trouble thinking of an applicable skill to use. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Nanami
Alive and well.

Words: 42043
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2014, 4:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Caretaker Skills

Postby Nightmare on July 31st, 2014, 6:08 am

Hello there!

Looks like being a Nanny or Caretaker has a base wage of 4 GM/Day according to the Pricelist: Income. - Ah, you already know this. My mistake.

Additionally it also looks like your skill base is Medicine.

Hope that cleared things up!
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Caretaker Skills

Postby Nanami on August 3rd, 2014, 4:56 am

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it! But palsy is a deteriorating physical condition, and I imagine there is no medical treatment in this loom-n'-plow fantasy setting. So the care would instead be about things like help getting dressed and getting from point A to point B. I revised my plan a bit and put the skill as Child Care and the woman as a girl instead, as that seems to be much simpler. :retard:
Nanami
Alive and well.

Words: 42043
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2014, 4:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet