The Desk of Ashford Yendorin (Journal & Correspondence)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

The Desk of Ashford Yendorin (Journal & Correspondence)

Postby Ashford Yendorin on August 12th, 2014, 8:48 am

University of Zeltiva Library, 36th of Fall, 507 AV

This urge to do something has me considering the toll the mind takes on all things physical. The four years of instruction and open forum's have brought about a perspective I believe few in the world get an opportunity to take part. I do not at all feel unique or privileged by this new-found presence. The conceptual efforts are mentally draining and many of days I find peace in freeing my thoughts of a time when the labor was my only calling, when physical prowess was the beginning and the ends of my daily task.

After four years, the writing and readings of philosophy and technical intelligence of obtaining information, the introduction of using it for the process of bettering the lives around me is all I seek. I often am confronted with this question, "to which deity do you kneel before?" I don't find this a question of patronage or propose that I am greater than that of any divinity. I am seeking a mortal definition, a moral kindred to seek good and temperance for myself as much as I seek it for those around me. The injustice is not the presence of any divine source, it the assumption that the only source of true wisdom is that of divinity. And to this end, I feel it weakens the mental aspects of how to intervene in the application of changing this rouge landscape.

I am fortunate to have lived just shy of 24 seasons from my 35th year. My roots are the life force around us. A retired Professor in Zeltiva was kind enough to teach me bird-keeping and introduced me to the very first falcon and his raven pen I witnessed in captivity. Amazingly intelligent creatures! The impact has set me along a course to raise my own very shortly. The experience and with his mentor-ship I began to learn the depth and delicate care of how to raise and train other breeds of animals. His small hatchery and den of tame animals were one of the most important reasons for leading me back to my mother's home region that offers a wider array of fauna.

It is not a collection or hobby that draws my interest, but the idea to connect and provide care on a level that is the moral bearing for life. Providing, nurturing, and sharing a sense of peace on a very mortal level. It truly is the labor of love that I can only imagine divinity offers purpose to those immortal who vigilantly watch over these lands.
Ashford Yendorin
Nature wears the colors of the spirit

Words: 5615
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2014, 9:58 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Journal