Flashback A Little Flirt Here, a Little Flirt There [Nickolai Marin]

Riyk is new to Zeltiva, but doesn't mind looking for new boys

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Little Flirt Here, a Little Flirt There [Nickolai Marin]

Postby Riyk on August 5th, 2014, 12:46 am

Riyk was rather surprised when she felt the lips on her hand. Not many men she spoke to had enough manners to even do that. Hell, Myrians in Taloba didn't even do that when they would court her. There was obviously something up. Narrowing her effervescent blue eyes at Nickolai she glanced at Ntoto, who was already up with a wagging tail. The man next to her was bound to wake up, his voice was like a growl as he begun to move around slightly.

Riyk snapped her finger once at Ntoto and he jumped over her lap and onto the ground, waiting for her to take his hand. Softly she placed her hand in his and got out of the booth. “I'm holding you up to that.” Smirking she let go, smoothed out her clothing and begun to walk towards the exit. By the time they got out of the Tavern the sun was already going down slightly. Everything seemed different in the coming darkness.

Riyk never knew how much time had past. They had only been walking down the street until she heard a man shouting from inside the Inn. Riyk didn't even look back, an idea popped into her head. What if he was one of those thieves I've heard about. The outfit, the shadieness, what more could it be?They take people's moneey and deserts them. Riyk played it off as though she didn't hear anything. “So where are we heading first?” Looking at him she smiled and waited for his response.

Maybe it was a good thing Riyk was finding it easier and easier to shape her emotions. Power and control. Feelings were always her game. This time she was rather disgusted. Not because she had an idea of what his real profession was but that most of what he said was just lies. This shut her down from him almost completely.
This character as been retired!
Riyk
I've got some bad intentions.

Words: 20480
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2014, 11:13 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickolai Marin on August 6th, 2014, 6:01 am

It seemed as though Lady Luck had smiled down upon the young prowler, for the foreign woman had "bought" into his ploy. After commanding her canine companion out of the booth, she slid her hand into his and allowed him to aide her out of her seat. Then, together, they made for the exit of the tavern and stepped lively into the streets of Zeltiva. At once, Nickolai noted the hour. Above, the Sun continued its voyage towards the horizon, painting the heavens in the process. The once-blue sky was then anointed with vibrant hues: magenta, mandarin, and goldenrod. Each made the breathtaking masterpiece of sunset over the water all the more spectacular. Staying true to his word, the young prowler fully intended to show his newfound companion a side of the city she would not usually be able to witness.

"C'mon, this way." he began, motioning down the street. "I won't spoil where we're going yet, but just trust me. It'll take your breath away." No sooner did the words escape his lips when a commotion began to break out in the tavern behind them. As anticipated, the drunken sailor had felt the lightness in his pockets and had proceeded to raise hell. This was the signal for Nickolai to begin moving far, far away from the establishment; and so he led the way down the cobbled streets of the port city. For a few moments, he walked in relative silence. This was due to his searching for the right spot to begin their journey to the perfect view. This spot made itself apparent in the form of a few crates, located down one of the adjacent alleyways.

"I hope you don't mind a little climbing!" he said, turning back in order to flash a wide grin. From there, Nickolai took off down the alley in a modest jog before leaping as high as he could. Nimble as ever, he managed to land atop the first crate and promptly steadied himself. Then, standing tall, he reached up and grasped the edge of the next crate carefully. Placing his boot upon its front, he then pushed himself up and on top of the wooden form before rising to his feet once more. The final step was the adjacent roof itself. Bending his knees, Nickolai then leapt straight up as high as he could before bracing his feet upon the wall. With a pronounced grunt of effort, the young prowler then pulled himself up onto the roof and gave a proud exhale.

"Whew! I think your dog might miss out on getting up here, I hope he doesn't mind." Nickolai said, looking down at the woman. He then leaned over the side of the roof and dangled his hand down; awaiting her following after him onto the roof. Once there, she would see a rather rare sight: Zeltiva from above. She would see the sun setting over the waters, the masterpiece of the heavens, and the city itself in a new light.

I am the Master of my Fate...I am the Captain of My Soul.
Nickolai Marin
Survivalist.

Words: 117735
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2014, 7:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Riyk on August 7th, 2014, 7:46 am

Normally when a conversation between to people wouldn't be one-sided but for everything he said Riyk would just smiled and nod her head. After walking some ways down the street they finally reached one of the many alleyway but this one was different. This one had wooden crates that gave the perfect steeping stones to the roof. At first Riyk was quiet skeptical about going down this alleyway. Even though she always did carry a weapon with her, specifically a small knife in her right boot, she had been led down an alleyway more than a few times at her stay in Zeltiva and she wasn't about to make the same mistake.

As she watched Nickolai she was pretty impressed, how quick he moved. Now she was almost one hundred percent sure that he was in the thieving business. Riyk wasn't exactly the most graceful climber and defiantly had some past trouble with climbing but, with her upper arm strength from all her times wielding a bow sure did help. Turning back she spoke to Ntoto in Myrian, “Just wait here next to one of the crates OK?” He whined at first but then wagged his tail when she patted his head lightly, “I wont be long.”

Taking in a deep breath she turned around and looked up at Nickolai for reassurance and then attempted her struggle to the roof. Whilst she hoisted herself up onto several boxes, she was able to at least do one thing right. Although her legs we not as long as Nickolai's she was able to position them them correctly between the alley and the wall next to them. Riyk did this very quickly, not grabbing the top until she needed to, she basically ran up the wall. Of course her hands did a lot of the work but so did her feet.

With one swift push she was onto the roof. Walking passed him she rejected his helping hand but brushed off her shirt as though she never saw his hand. For a minute her was just in awe. This sky was not like the one in Taloba. Instead of having green leaves and branches cover the sky above them this one was exposed. It looks like they made it just in time as well.

Purple and pink chips were distributed perfectly outlining the dark sea whilst the sun looked as though it was already submerging underneath the waves. Standing near the edge of the roof Riyk got a good view of everything. The temperature was just right, a soft breeze was enough to calm down the light heat but the wind still managed to get Riyk's brown hair an annoyance, having to constantly brush it out of her face. The sun reflected perfectly onto the sea, making a mirror image that made the sun almost come off as full. Seagulls were still crying but their cries were less audible now and just gave a almost serene atmosphere.
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickolai Marin on August 8th, 2014, 1:28 am

When the foreign woman finally made her way atop the roof, the young prowler did not so much as raise a single fuss over the rejection of his hand. Instead, he rose to his full height and took a moment to admire the beautiful sight that nature had afforded. Of course, having grown up to witness this awe-inspiring sunset each and every day of his life, Nickolai was less captivated than his foreign acquaintance. After a couple seconds of admiration, the young prowler looked away from the heavens and placed his attention upon the foreign woman once more. Judging by the fact that she had very minimal issue getting on top of the roof, Nickolai felt no qualms about what was coming next. After all, he had pilfered his coin for the evening and had gotten out of the lion's den without incident.

And now it was simply a matter of tying up this final, loose end.

"As you can see, I am a man of my word." he said aloud, rendering a polite inclination of his head. Holding this pose for only a moment, Nickolai promptly raised himself to his full height and turned on his heel. His attention was promptly placed upon the gap between the building and its adjacent neighbor. By his rough estimation, it was far too much to take by leaping with no momentum; but he was confident that he could clear it with a running start. As such, he calmly backed up a few paces and gave Riyk a parting glance. "It was a pleasure making your acquaintance Riyk. I'm sure we'll meet again." he said, rendering a final nod. He then placed his attention forward and took off in a run, moving his legs as fast as he could.

Then, he reached the edge of the roof and jumped with all his might...

...Only to land on the other side. He stumbled, briefly, and recovered with a sloppy roll before bouncing back up to his feet. However, this was not the conclusion to Nickolai's "display", for he quickly took off in a run once more. At once, he repeated the previous maneuver. This time, he was a touch more consious of his landing and tightened the resulting roll. Upon rising to his feet, Nickolai then jogged to the edge of the roof, grabbed a firm grip upon its surface, and dropped down off the side. He landed within the adjacent alleyway and began striding off in the opposing direction, raising his fallen hood back up into place as he stepped along.

I am the Master of my Fate...I am the Captain of My Soul.
Nickolai Marin
Survivalist.

Words: 117735
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2014, 7:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Riyk on August 13th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Blue crystal eyes followed the thief until he was no longer in sight. He obviously had no issue jumping from roof to roof. Nickolai would be a rather interesting ally if Riyk found herself in a stick situation. Crossing her arms she scoffed to herself and mumbled sarcastic, "I'll be holding my breath until then." Turning from the beautiful landscape before her, she proceeded to get down from the roof the same way she got up.

This time will slight struggle. Ntoto was waiting for her, his paws scrapping on the wooden crates, a tail frivolously waving, and a long pink tongue hanging out. Riyk dusted the dirt from her pants and leaned down, picking her dog up. It was almost as though he thought she abandoned him and they were being reunited after an eternity. Jerking her head back from the slobbery kisses of Ntoto she laughed softly and her delicate fingers pinched his nose playfully, to which he barked and then wiggled from her arms.

It was a little confusing at first, finding her way back to The World's End Grotto. When she got there the man was bubbling with anger. Attendants scrambled around to try and calm him down but they were now questioning people. Of course Riyk couldn't get to her room without being questioned. A man asked her about Nickolai and she just tapped her chin. "Hm..Sorry, I don't recall any man of this description." Rushing from person to person the man would not push the conversation further. The sailor was offering a little Miza for his thief and she even wondered if she should give him in.

Since Nickolai was the only person she had honestly met that wasn't a disgusting low life she decided on not giving him up. Sure he lied about almost everything and didn't offer her anything of material, knowing that she may have a friend was enough..
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Redd on August 31st, 2014, 2:19 am

Nickolai Marin

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Stealth +2XP
Larceny +1XP
Acrobatics +2XP
Climbing +1XP
Observation +5XP
Socialization +3XP
Persuasion +3XP
Intelligence +1XP
Seduction +1XP

Lores
➢ Riyk: Has an exotic air
➢ Stealth: Become miniscule as possible
➢ Larceny: Drunk men are easy targets
➢ Larceny: A light touch is needed
➢ Larceny: Fly the coop
➢ Scraps: A meal for the hungry
➢ Persuasion: Laying it on thick
➢ My real name could jeopardize my anonymity
➢ Riyk: No time for university
➢ Secrets: We all have them
➢ Larceny: A stirring victim is a problem
➢ Seduction: Turning on the charm
➢ Zeltiva: A rare view from above
➢ Larceny: Tying up loose ends
➢ Acrobatics: More conscious of the landing

Micellaneous :

Injuries
➢ N/A
Loot/Expenses
➢ N/A

Riyk

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Animal Husbandry: Canine +2XP
Climbing +1XP
Seduction +1XP
Observation +5XP
Socialization +4XP
Larceny +1XP
Singing +1XP

Lores
➢ Seduction: A drink for a kiss?
➢ Seduction: She doesn’t have to know
➢ Ntoto: Had tail stood on
➢ Larceny: Drunk men are easy targets
➢ Ntoto: Just like a child
➢ Nickolai: Handsome
➢ What people do is none of my business
➢ Ntoto: Fed scraps
➢ University: A new concept
➢ Zeltivans: Live differently
➢ Flirting: Gets old
➢ Myrians: Don’t kiss the hand
➢ Nickolai: Is he a thief?
➢ Suvan Sea: A serene atmosphere
➢ Nickolai: Would be an interesting ally
➢ Ntoto: Eager to be reunited
➢ Nickolai: Leaves angry sailors in his wake

Micellaneous :

Injuries
➢ N/A
Loot/Expenses
➢ N/A

Notes

➢ I enjoyed the small play with words in this thread.

➢ Riyk: Zeltiva isn't Sunberth, so the servers wouldn't simply step out of your way. In fact, if they saw you stealing, they would call the wave guards down on you. So please be mindful of this fact.

➢ Riyk: Just one more thing, Make sure that you play to your skill sets. Seeing as she doesn't have climbing or acrobatics, the climb would have been a lot harder than was described.

➢ Anything that you guys felt that I have missed in the way of skill points or lores, please don't hesitate to contact me, I won't bite, I swear!

If you feel that I have left out something or made an error of some kind, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you have any questions or comments, again feel free to contact me. I don't bite, I swear. Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)