What's up, Mizahar?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

What's up, Mizahar?

Postby Gillie Dhu on August 19th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Hi there!

I'm new to RP'ing, but I'd like to do it well. You can call me "Gillie" or "Gill." Or anything. I really don't care.

Mostly, I just need help getting started. It's a lot to take in all at once. I'd like to role-play as an Endal Inarta. How might I go about setting that up? Character sheet as well as a Flashback, I presume? What can I do to get started?

(Also thinking about Avora instead of Endal.)
Last edited by Gillie Dhu on August 19th, 2014, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Common" * "Tukant" * "Nari"
Gillie Dhu
Tousle-haired Tactician

Words: 23673
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 10:12 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

What's up, Mizahar?

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 19th, 2014, 11:05 pm

Hello Gillie and welcome to Mizahar. Hopefully this will help, rather than confuse you.

A) Read the Starting Guide thoroughly.

B) Read the information on whatever species you've decided to go with thoroughly. In your case,Inarta

C) Start about making your CS in order to get your thoughts together. You can edit this numerous times before starting to play, if you like, before you've finalised it. This is the Character SheetForum where you can post it.

D) You could have already chosen a city. If not, then do so. Unless you have your heart set on something, try and go for somewhere with an active storyteller. It will make things a lot easier for you and everyone. Wind Reach is excellent, but also good are (for example) Ravok, Riverfall, Kenash and Sunberth. Here's the City List I'm assuming you'll go for Wind Reach, but shop around for something that suits your character.

E) Finalise your Character Sheet, making sure you have relevant reasons for your location (History) and, if you decide to have magic skills, where you got those. Include relevant skills to the job you want.

F) Wait for it to get confirmed, but until then (unless you have a red cross) you can start playing.

G) Register in the appropriate thread. For example, "Character Registration for the City of ..... Summer 514AV"

H) Have fun! Once your Character Sheet has been looked out, you can sort out any issues at this point.

I) Play, play, play! Join open threads. Create your own threads etc. Also, arrange a job with a storyteller.

Hopefully, that will have been of some help. Otherwise, just say if you have any more questions or if I've stopped making sense.
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

What's up, Mizahar?

Postby Gillie Dhu on August 19th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Thanks for the help!

I'll get crackin'.
Gillie Dhu
Tousle-haired Tactician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

What's up, Mizahar?

Postby Adrienna Lynint on August 20th, 2014, 2:31 am

I would also like to point out that Avora and Endal require permission from a DS or higher in Wind Reach! In this case, Mirage would be the storyteller to approach. :) I wish you the best of luck!
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 65714
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2013, 8:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

What's up, Mizahar?

Postby Gillie Dhu on August 20th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Thanks for your help and welcome. I actually opted for a half-Inarta, half-Drykas character. Should be interesting.

I did have one question. At a later date (and after adequate preparation as well as the accompaniment of companions), I plan to travel across the Sea of Grass from Riverfall. How might I best go about doing that? Do I just up and leave Riverfall, create a thread in the Sea of Grass, and hang out around there (and by that I mean, fend for my life) for as much time as it takes to travel to another city?

I'm not one to sit still in one place longer than I have to.
Gillie Dhu
Tousle-haired Tactician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

What's up, Mizahar?

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 20th, 2014, 6:57 pm

You set a date for the day you leave Riverfall, and work out how much time it takes to travel to Endrykas - which will change because the Sea of Grass moves around, sometimes quite close to Riverfall, sometimes as far as Kenash. You could ask a storyteller to find out. Then you post in Endrykas, say, twelve days later (though that doesn't seem the right time frame to me. Still, it's an example) You would make your first post in the Endrykas 'entrance'.
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)