Closed Everyday Life

Eivl thinks about her life up until this point, while submerging herself in the waters off the coast of Abura.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A vast city of soaring towers, spirals, and platforms, Abura is the home of the Akvatari. [Lore]

Moderator: Liminal

Everyday Life

Postby Eivl on August 29th, 2014, 5:47 pm

This feels nice...

An Akvatari girl of 17 floated about in the sea close to her hometown while catching the sea currents with her outstretched translucent, wine purple wings, and balancing herself almost reflexively with her tail of the same colour. She had undone her mid-length lavender coloured hair, and allowed it to float about with her, with the wire being used to keep it in place wound around her wrist. She also had a fair amount of kelp bunched up in her right hand. Eyes lazily shut, she reminisced about the past few years, as she had done routinely every time she felt like it.

Hmmm... Let's start from the beginning again.

I woke up on the shores of Abura. I didn't know anything about who I used to be, and remembered nothing but my name and birth date. Auntie Mia found me, and took me in as her own.

She stopped here, as she always does, wondering why she decided to do that. Eivl tried to compensate for all the extra work her Auntie had to put in to raise her by learning things as quickly as possible, but she never felt it was enough.

Whatever happened back then, I was given a place to stay, and a loving Auntie to take care of me and teach me how to survive. Then one day, after a year or two...

She stopped again and smiled. This was her favourite part of her life story.

I was flying outside when I heard it. Music, far below where I usually fly. My ears had gotten more sensitive from the how much my Auntie told me to listen for fish. I flew down, and...

Chuckling a little, and wondering what came over her when she decided to break the one rule her Auntie gave her, she continued her inner monologue.

I discovered the arts, and all the wonders they brought to the world. The sounds, the visions, the textures... it was unlike anything I'd ever experienced. I still don't know why Auntie never allowed me to come down here, and she never told me either... But she didn't seem too upset about me breaking that one rule. Maybe it was more of a guideline.

Perhaps it had something to do with my past, and why I was given this name. Or perhaps that was why my parents abandoned me. Or both. She shook her head, clearing her mind of such negativity. Whatever happened, I have to find out. And to do that...

She opened her pale blue eyes, looked up, and smiled, refreshed and resurfacing with her prepicked bunches of kelp for lunch.

My purpose is to find my heritage, and to accomplish that I need to go to Kenash. Eivl studied the wire wound around her wrist again, sure of her decision.

Gliding back to the beach where she had left her outerwear, she dried herself off in the sun for a short while, put the clothes back on as well as setting her hair back in its original style, and started her trip to Kenash, where she would apply for a Freeborn status and begin her adult life.
Eivl
Early Retirement

Words: 22708
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2014, 4:53 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet