[Verified by Crosspatch] Summer Dole

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Summer Dole

Postby Summer Dole on September 8th, 2014, 10:59 pm

Basic Information
Name: Summer Dole
Birthday: Summer of 490AV, 91st
Birthplace: Xy, Cyphrus
Race: Mixed-Blood (Zith/Human)

Appearance
Height: 5'1
Weight: 90lbs
Scars: Small scars on her hands and feet. One large burn scar across her shoulders and back.
Racial Traits: Wing nubs, angular face, somewhat pointed teeth, thick and flowing (unmanageable) hair. Eyes have moderately better vision than humans at night (20-25ft) but have light sensitivity on bright, clear days.
Mannerisms: Hunched walk, bites nails, makes unnecessary eye contact, and likes to walk on the balls of her feet.
Overall: Summer can be mistaken for human at first glance. A second exposes her mixed birthright. Her hunched movements give a clear view of her deformed wing nubs; a smile will show her predators teeth. Even her eyes are hardly human, a deep brown that borders on black.

She is shapeless as a woman, due to her Zith metabolism, passing for a boy in large clothes. Her skin carries an everlasting tan that is several shades lighter than her brown-black hair. Summer could never be called 'attractive' but could be considered 'exotic'
[/font][/color]
Last edited by Summer Dole on September 10th, 2014, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summer Dole
Wanna-be Master Chef

Words: 30802
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2014, 9:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Summer Dole

Postby Summer Dole on September 9th, 2014, 10:14 pm

History
Summer was born with the death of summer and her mother. Of her infant and toddler years, she remembers nothing. Of her early childhood years she remembers little aside from looking more like the slaves than her father. In those years, Summers days were ordinarily care-free. It was a continuous jumble of hunting, flying, playing and eating within her colony until she grew to be a burden.

When Summer turned ten her father, Whistle, became a single parent. Together he and his daughter traveled out of Cyphrus. Each and every city rejected them, forcing them to survive outside their borders. They found a short-lived asylum in Sunberth. Their days would have carried on as before if not for the dangers of city life and the human rules that both couldn’t grasp. Subsequently, Summer was more or less detached when her father was stoned out of the sky.

In the birth of her teen years Summer was an orphan. She adapted to life as best she could. She garnered coins and favors by cooking meals that people dared themselves to eat. Learned to defend herself by running. Her days were filled with work and hiding. As she grew older acceptance withdrew instead of expanding. Summer could take no more. There were countless efforts, growing more perilous and radical each time, to make herself fit in. Ultimately, she fled.

At twenty she made her way to Syliras. A city that didn’t accept her but it didn’t evict her. Curiously it reminded her of Sunberth and she took her best shot at making a home for herself although it ended in failure. As with the previous city, it stifled her with it’s laws and stares. It took a little regularized encouragement from a knight sent Summer packing. At twenty-four she breached the shores of Alvadas.

Personality
Summer has found that the world has rejected her and she tries to reject it in turn, leaving her self-serving, bitter, skeptical, and alarmingly optimistically pessimistic. She is not a quiet person but a terse person, her bark worse than her bite (though she is unquestionably unforgiving) thanks to her own dislike of physical cruelty. Being that she is usually in such a mood there is little that makes Summer smile, apart from anything that has to do with cooking or food. The topic of cooking brings out a great passion in her. She is not one to talk about herself but if food comes into the conversation she can talk about foods she has made, failed at, eaten or heard of for hours. She longs to try anything and everything and does so fearlessly.

ImagePerhaps that is in her nature or her upbringing but Summer is fearless in most things, pursuing things that catch her fancy with gusto. She is in the habit of picking up skills here and there but mastering none. She, from time to time, enjoys watching trades performed more than actually participating in them. This presumably stemmed from the fact that she was frequently not allowed to participate by the people of Sunberth.

As someone raised in Sunberth, Summer can be very possessive of things she deems ‘hers’. And after having lived so long in the city of lies, deceit and betrayal, (and a bit of mystery) she cannot abide disloyalty and tries not to lie (often) but is extremely evasive. Still, some things are hard to unlearn. Though a part of Summer still wishes to fit in as a ex-resident of Sunberth she craves freedom from the laws that would hinder her independence. But Summer doesn’t have to look for ways to break the laws to feel content, she outright ignores them instead of rebelling against them. She does as she pleases because it pleases her or rouses her curiosity.

And she is curious. To the point of unpredictability and unreliability. Summer will do things because she is curious as to how someone will react and she lost many jobs when her curiosity was sated. It is for this reason that she has never worshipped a God or Goddess. They hold no interest for her and she is sure they have no interest in her being that she is half-Zith. That being said, Summer has accepted that she can’t accept her Zith blood. It makes her self-conscious, embarrassed and, most of all, uncomfortable.

Themes

• Winter
  • Cooking
  • Learning
  • Running
  • Peaches
  • Rabbits
  • Bird-watching

Dislikes
  • Summer time
  • Her name
  • Vegetarians
  • Vegetables
  • Swimming
  • People staring

Questionnaire
General Information :
1. What is your Name? My given name is Summer. I’ve chosen Dole for myself.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No.
3. How old are you? Twenty-four.
4. What is your height? 5’1.
5. What is your weight? 90lbs.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I’m a mixed-blood. There isn’t anything else to say.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. As a monstrosity. Or a product of rape.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My teeth.
4. How physically fit are you? I’m not fit.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Comfortable…covering.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My dad was Whistle. He was like a wild dog. Untrusting, curious, savage, and persistent. But he cared for some…in his own way; was loyal and kind. My mom was Aileen. I never knew her.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yes. Half-siblings.
3. What is your extended family like? Like Zith.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I don’t have friends.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Animals are food.

2. Where do you live now? Alvadas.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I don’t know.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? No.
5. Where do you fear to be? Nowhere.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs)? Yes. On my back.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Common. I have a lisp occasionally and a low voice. I don't know.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I stare a lot. I bite my nails.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? No.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I’m a cook.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I like it. Because I get to eat…and cook.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I don’t know.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Warriors. They can do more than I can.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? I don’t know.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Curious, fearless, a morsel cruel. I was a child.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? When my dad took me flying.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I have two. When my dad was killed and when I burned myself.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I loved my dad. I cared for my colony.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My granddad.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Not much.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? If it’s interesting, I like it. If it’s boring, I don’t.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? By watching…and copying.
4. How do you learn best? By watching someone do something.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? To learn more than I know now.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No. Considering people don’t like me, there are no bonds to be made.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? No. People like to lie. Better to know that now than later.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I don’t have suitors. I’ve never had the chance to consider it, I don’t hang out with people much.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No. I can't describe things that haven't happened.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. No. I can't describe things that haven't happened.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Once. I made pears with wine. Too much wine. It sucked, and was dangerous. It didn’t happen again.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Wine.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Alcohol in food isn’t fine. I don’t drink and don’t want to. I don’t like drugs. I don’t care what other people do.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Cooking. Eating. Running. Hunting.
2. Do you like to read? I can’t read well.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Staring.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Cutting fruits.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? My lisp. My appearance. Things I cook wrong. People look down on me enough, I don’t need anything to add to it!

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Red.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Evening.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? I don’t know.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like peaches…and rabbits. I don’t like leafy food.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I like rain. Weather doesn’t scare me.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? If things go good, great. If they don’t, I already knew things were shit. I'm realistic.
2. What are your religious views? I don’t have any.
3. Would you be able to kill? When I have to.
4. What are your views on sex? Never had it.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Finding a passion.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The worst was ending my dads pain. The best was learning how to use a slingshot.
2. What is your greatest regret? My burn.
3. What is your best/worst memory? My best is cooking my fist meal. My worst is when my dad dropped me.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I wouldn’t get burned…it’s a reminder of my stupidity.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Surviving.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Very honest. Most of the time. I don’t like being asked private things.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Not that I can think of.
3. What makes you happy? Eating. Cooking. Running.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? My dad.
5. What makes you angry? Failing.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Distantly.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? My dad. He was the only person in my life that stayed with me.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? My granddad. He was leader of the colony, he was a good one.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.No. If someone could get past my blood, they would be ideal.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I argue but avoid physical conflict if I can.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? No.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? No. People don’t like interacting with me, it’s mutual.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Yes.
5. What do you think of others, in general? Their cruel. Dishonest.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My perseverance.
2. What is your greatest weakness? My self-consciousness.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I don’t know.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Messy.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I don’t find any appealing.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I don’t fear any.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? No.
4. What lengths would you go to please your deity? I don’t have a deity.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? This is boring.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Food.
2. What is the best part of life? Enjoying your passion.
3. What is the best part of death? I’m not dead. I wouldn’t know.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Fighting. Eating…or cooking.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My food.
[/font][/color]
Last edited by Summer Dole on September 12th, 2014, 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Summer Dole
Wanna-be Master Chef

Character sheet
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)

Summer Dole

Postby Summer Dole on September 9th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Language

• Common: Fluent

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Cooking 20 SP 20 Novice
Weapon: Slingshot 15 SP 15 Novice
Weapon: Dagger 5 SP 5 Novice
Hunting 5 SP 5 Novice
Tracking 5 SP 5 Novice
Running 10 RB 10 Novice

Lores

[/font][/color]
Last edited by Summer Dole on September 12th, 2014, 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Summer Dole
Wanna-be Master Chef

Character sheet
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)

Summer Dole

Postby Summer Dole on September 10th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Possessions

Cooking Tools and Meats

Survival Items
  • Flint & Steel
  • Wood Comb
  • Wood Brush
  • Soap
  • Backpack
  • Waterskin
  • Slingshot
  • Slingshot Bullets
  • One-person Tent
  • Bedroll
  • Winter Blanket

Clothing
  • Brown wool pants
  • Loose white wool shirt
  • Linen undergarments
  • Brown wool cloak
  • Leather belt
  • Leather boots
  • Belt pouch

Housing
The Wolf’s Cave (514AV)
  1. 1SM per day
    1. 9GM/1SM per season8GM/4SM for Fall because arrived on the 7th.
    2. Winter is 9GM/2SM

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting Package +100GM 100GM
Housing Cash-In +500GM 600GM
Dried Apples (2lbs) -2GM 598GM
Table Fork -1CM 597GM/99CM
Game Knife -3CM 597GM/96CM
Cooking Pot (2qt) -2SM 596GM/8SM/96CM
Cup (6oz) -3CM 596GM/8SM/93CM
Bowl (5’/8oz) -4CM 596GM/8SM/89CM
Slingshot -5SM 596GM/3SM/89CM
Slingshot Bullets (20) -2GM 594GM/3SM/89CM
One-person Tent -2GM 592GM/3SM/89CM
Bedroll -1SM 592GM/2SM/89CM
Winter Blanket -5SM 591GM/7SM/89CM
Belt Pouch -1GM 590GM/7SM/89CM
Leather Belt -4SM 590GM/3SM/89CM
Seasonal ExpensesFall 514AV -135GM 455GM/3SM/89CM
The Wolf CaveFall 514AV -8GM/4SM 446GM/9SM/89CM
[/color]
Last edited by Summer Dole on September 27th, 2014, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Summer Dole
Wanna-be Master Chef

Character sheet
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)

Summer Dole

Postby Summer Dole on September 10th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Thread List

Date Summary People Link Complete?
Fall of 514AV, 11th Summer enlists the help of Phobius to find ingredients. Summer, Phobius Snails and Puppy-Dog Tails No
Fall of 514AV, 13th Summer hunts the wrong animal... Summer, Yisanareysin The Perils of Hunting No
Fall of 514AV, 20th Summer has a dinner guest at a diner. Summer, Tainon Table for Two No
Fall of 514AV, 24th Summer tries a salad, and meets a Symenestra cook. Summer, Darklin Culinary Pursuits No
Fall of 514AV, 50th Summer meets Nanami and learns more disturbing things about her place of business. Summer, Nanami, Marionette All the Little Children No
Fall of 514AV, 69th Summer learns about soup, eggs, and...giant lizards? Summer Swimming in Soup No
Fall of 514AV, 85th Summer meets a fellow half-Zith. Friends or not? Summer, Aislyn(Maya) Canvas of Another Kind No
[/color]
Summer Dole
Wanna-be Master Chef

Character sheet
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)