PM to join Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Hayl attempts to teach.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Hayl on July 19th, 2014, 7:17 am

He smirked broadly as she spoke about her master’s desires for her about her collar. She spoke fondly of him; perhaps even grateful. Something Hayl did not understand, regardless she seemed content with the relationship with the man who claims ownership over her, and if ignorance is bliss then who is Hayl to awaken a person to misery. He decided to leave his political ideals about personal ownership on the back burner unless evidence beckoned him otherwise. He admired the tattoo for a moment and silently nodded an understanding, still holding his tongue.

She smiled at him and asked “If I told you that I was a giant bird, would you run away?” His smirk faded into a look of shock mixed with disgust. While every other iota of his brain seared in panic, a rational part held on to that mischievous grin of hers, and he softly retorted, “I may… or throw myself into the lake.” When she reconciled by stating she turned into a wolf, even by declaring that that creature was significantly “scarier” Hayl could closed his eyes slowly and slouched with relief. He already endured one night with a woman who could transform into a large killer chicken, he didn’t want to play daggers with another. Then he analyzed her all over again trying to imagine this girl turning into a wolf. “You shift at another person’s command? Sounds like a personal problem.” Okay… that will be his last comment about slavery. “I like wolves… I have a tattoo of one, beautiful creatures able to survive independently and even better in packs. Not many creatures I can think of that do that. I don’t exactly find them scary, but don’t start licking your chops at me and I think we will be fine.” He joked.

“Stealth training it is. It has been a minute since I have really worked on the art of the sneaky.” So appropriately well coined by the thief. “Now let’s see here, how could we set up a good training scenario to really work our skills?” He looked around, besides the dock which had the few rugged posts, and Joss, jutting out, the area was fairly flat. There was the pile of rubble that Redd stood in front when she initially scared the shyke out of Hayl, but that was off the distance leaving them a good amount of room to work with. There was about a hundred feet of flat wooden planked dock with the single row of posts going down the middle. The posts were spaced about 4 feet apart, and when Hayl recognized this he got an idea. “Okay! There are two parts of stealth you should focus on. One. You need to be aware of everything. Sneaking can be curse when you focus too much on one thing. You yourself could get snuck up on, or you may get hurt or miss something that would be crucial to your goal all together just because you didn’t listen by, hearing, feeling or even smelling. Can I borrow this?” Hayl reached for her scarf and would swipe it off as quickly as he could.

“The other part is, of course, to sneak up on someone without them sensing you.” He would then put his hand on her back and push gently to the end of the row of posts closest to the water, while continuing to instruct her. “The truth is… it’s day light, and I couldn’t sneak around you myself in this environment. Plus anybody can spot a fool trying to snoop around here anyway. So let us even the playing field.” He continued on hoping that she couldn’t come up with a retort about her sneaking up on him earlier. When they would reach the end of the row of posts by the water he would face her towards the posts and place the scarf over her eyes as a blindfold. “Okay here’s the deal, I will run to the other side of this row. You weave in and out going through the posts till you walk into that pile of junk on the other side. You must do this without using your eyes. So, you know… reach out for the posts and try not to hurt yourself. Just feel around.” He took a breath and looked down the row before speaking again, “I will come at you from the other side of the row, and I will try to sneak past you without you touching me. To make it fair, I too have to weave in and out of the posts so I can’t just run completely around you. And to ensure this I have to be touching a post at all times. You don’t have to, you just simply weave through them. We will meet somewhere in the middle, and if you catch me, you win. We will switch out, and I’ll be the one wearing the blindfold. If not, you will know you missed me when you reach the junk-pile. Then turn around and come back.” Hayl left out that he wouldn’t tell her to stop when she reached the edge of the dock, and probably fall into the lake if she were to come all the way back. What’s a little game without a little risk? “That sound like a good plan?” he really didn’t give her an opportunity voice an opinion as he ran to the other end of the row, and yelled, “Okay go!”
CS

Never Underestimate the Power of Being Underestimated!
Hayl
Bad Thief

Words: 87560
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2011, 5:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Redd on August 4th, 2014, 6:28 am

Redd had fallen silent in order to listen to Hayl's words, biting her tongue gently as he mentioned personal problems. He didn't know anything about her and he was judging her on the smallest of mere facts and she had to bite her tongue in order to hold back a retort and a growl. However he distracted her when he swiped her scarf from her neck and she looked to the male before he placed a hand on her back to guide her to a row of posts. The male then placed the scarf over her eyes and tied a knot at the back of her head, her sight instantly darkened by the scarf. The young wolf might as well have gotten the upper hand on the male, for her senses were fairly sharp. She could scent how far or how close smells well, even how old they were. Her hearing would be able to pick up even the smallest creak in the boards underneath their feet. A smirk slipped onto her lips then as she heard his feet fell upon the boards as he ran towards the other end of the line of posts.

He called out to go, but she remained where she was standing for a moment to gather her bearings, it was most certainly different not being able to rely on her eyesight would be a slight hindrance, as seeing was an important part of tracking. She had to be able to see, in order to be able to see footprints or broken branches. However, she realized as she reached out with her right hand to gently touch the post in front of her, that they were on wooden boards, so footprints wouldn’t be seen and there were no trees around to see any broken branches. This was most definitely not tracking, it was stealth training. She lightly bit down upon her bottom lip as she came to that conclusion, did that mean that stealth wasn’t just about using her eyes? Didn’t she need to also use her eyes if she wanted to catch someone trying to sneak pass? She had to use all of her senses when she hunted for something, wasn’t hunting just like stealth? Using all of her senses? Frankly, she couldn’t see the difference and why she had to wear her scarf to cover her eyes. Simply because, someone would be stupid to even try to sneak passed another during the day. People were more active during the day, or so she had noted, perhaps that was because they could see during the day?

Slowly, she edged forwards to the right side of the post before her, her left hand sliding along the wooden surface of the post before she let go of the post and reached out for the next one. He was right about one thing though, it was fairly easy to get distracted with only trying to use one sense instead of all. Perhaps that might be because she was so used to seeing and smelling things before they arrived that she thought that she would be fine. However, now that she lacked her sight, due to the scarf blindfolding her, she was relying heavily upon her sense of smell and occasionally she would be startled at some random noise, because she would forget about listening, but she was determined to sniff out the male before he passed her.

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Hayl on August 9th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Hayl was pretty tasteless when it came to personal feelings. He gave little care to the sensitivity people would bare to burdens visible to the naked eye. If a man had a horrible scar on his face, Hayl would probably be the first to ask him how he got it. Redd bore that collar, something that Hayl had a fundamental distain for. Her care or affection or whatever she held her master was null to the thief because he felt that if he was a good man, he would do the right thing and not claim ownership to another living being. Redd did good to bite her tongue over the matter, because Hayl could hardly hold his. He saw this flaw of hers as device to prod and entice her, and would probably use it to his advantage later.

"Alright slave girl, show me what you got!” or now. Hayl contemplated whether her animal abilities would be as apparent as a human, as they were when she was a wolf. If so, then maybe this whole exercise thing was pointless and the only one who would be getting schooled in sneaking would be Hayl. Still he would give it his best shot and assumed she was acute on all her senses. Knowing this he would try to get in her mind with the slave girl jab, and then try to bend the rules a little in his favor. He hopped up silently on one of the posts, about 5 or 6 out from Redd. This post had a nail in it and he wrung it around till it gave from the soft exposed wood. Hayl jumped three posts in and stopped a few from Redd. If he were to sneak past her, he would have to do it by distracting her. Something Hayl was fairly good at. “It doesn’t help that I built up such a sweat that I probably smell like death to Miss Nose here.” He thought about it and took off his shirt and left it wrapped around the post he was on then jumped to the next one.

When she approached Hayl would jump over her and fling the nail back at the shirted post so all the smell and noise would be lead away from him. If he pulled it off he would land smoothly on the post behind her, and she would continue down the line until she reached her disappointment. If not… well, Hayl didn’t take it into consideration till he was midair, but it would seem that a wondering arm could stall his jump just enough to miss his mark and that rugged post did not seem very inviting for a face plant.
Last edited by Hayl on August 12th, 2014, 5:07 am, edited 9 times in total.
CS

Hayl
Bad Thief

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Redd on August 10th, 2014, 11:23 pm

His words reached her ears and she had to struggle really hard at biting back a soft growl, she had a name and he knew her name, however he called her slave girl and she wanted nothing more than to correct him with a growl and a swipe of her paw. Her master’s words rang within her mind, ”It does no good to alienate yourself, especially not in this city.” From what she gathered, he had meant that she needed to act more human and so she took a deep breath, allowing the expansion of her lungs to calm and sooth her, before she slowly blew it out. Calm, she had to try and be calm for her master, she told herself, even though those thoughts were coloured with doubt. Her master had been going off a lot and she rarely saw him anymore, but she still held out hope that he would come back to her that he would come back and those brown pools of his would soothe the raging frustration and anger within. At the moment though, she would have to reign in her own frustrations and anger with no real incentive to other than it would disappoint her master if she acted upon her emotions that boiled within.

She had gotten a little distracted and she had missed the sound of the groaning wood as Hayl pulled the nail from the wooden post. The young wolf had also forgotten that she was supposed to be focusing on her senses and it was then that she had caught the scent of Hayl. Recent and she had just about to reach towards him when suddenly a sound caught her attention and she whirled around to face the noise. It had been something, the sound hadn’t been heavy, no it was light, but easy enough to pick up. The scent had also been coming strong from that position and she began to weave her way towards it, stopping just before the post with the shirt tied around it. Reaching out her fingers grasped the material and pulled, the material coming around from the post easily. Realizing that the scent was coming from his shirt, she lifted a hand to pull the red scarf from her eyes, her hazel gaze blinking a couple of times before sighting the material. A growl worked its way upon her lips as she realized just how out of practice she was. Turning around, her gaze settled upon the male as more thoughts ran through her head. From where she stood, as young as she was, she could understand now just how hard it would be, to be a lone young wolf. She was easily distracted and she had a curious and wandering mind, this she learned from the lesson just then.

Had being locked up inside of Ravok, curved her feral edges? Had having to rely upon her master, made her a little soft? She tossed the shirt aside and turned away taking a couple of steps before falling to her knees, her hands rising to her neck and grasping at the collar. It felt like it was strangling her with its weight, with the restrictions that came with it. The young wolf was beginning to realize that she had come to rely upon her master’s words, she had come to think of them as safe. Ever since slavers had almost captured her and Master Elias had rescued her. He had said she was safe, that the tattoo upon the back of her hand would keep her safe. She wasn’t safe if she could become easily distracted by words, she silently realized this as her gaze fell to view the wooden docks, a growl upon her lips. She wasn’t free, this she knew, for the collar around her neck prevented her from doing the one thing she wanted to do. Hunt and kill. A shake of her head was given as confliction began to work its way into her mind, her master’s hypnotizing words ringing within her ears.

”You need a master.”

”You need me.”

”You are mine now.”

No… No! She could not be questioning everything her master had given her. She could not, must not question it, for he had given her everything. The red scarf had fallen to the wooden docks, but her hands fell away from the collar, only to reach out to the scarf and pull it close to her form, drawing comfort from the material. The young wolf believed that there had to be a reason why he would collar her, she had to believe that it was for her own safety, she was a wolf after-all and it scared a lot of people into action. Especially humans. Her master hadn't laid a cruel hand upon her, not once and the moment that she had read out loud, 'Master,' it had been the point where she had pledged her life to him until she died.

Common | Master | Thoughts
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Hayl on August 16th, 2014, 7:39 am

Hayl held a smirk of pride brightly on his lips. He felt pretty confident of himself knowing he managed to sneak past this girl with a superhuman sense of smell. His frown faded as he watched her grasp the shirt and throw it away. She seemed pretty upset with the situation. Maybe she was a sore loser? He walked over to his shirt choosing the furthest path from the girl. He replaced his shirt on his back and watched her as she walked away and collapsed on her knees. Even though they were only recently met, the site of a girl this upset forced Hayl to feel obligated to speak with her about it. He slowly walked up and witnesses her gaze at the scarf. Her fondling of the collar suggested that Hayl’s jabs with his sharp comments had made an impression. Not something he was expecting, but if the thief has the opportunity to make the girl a little happier with some clarity, he should hear her out and see if he could help.

Hayl walked noisily up to the girl. He didn’t want to really sneak up on her when she was so vulnerable. He sat with his back against a post that was closest to her. He gave her a second to her own thoughts before chiming in. “I didn’t realize you would take losing so seriously…” he said knowing good and well that her real reason for being so upset was not related to the competition, but something else. Either way, he attempted to get her to open up to him about the situation. Hayl wasn’t one for counseling, but he had seen slavery first hand, dealt with victims and slavers personally. This girl maybe happy, but she may not know how happy she really could be, and if she wanted to pick his brain about it, he would be more than willing share his opinions on the matter.
CS

Hayl
Bad Thief

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Redd on August 16th, 2014, 11:49 am

She heard the male as he approached and she really didn’t feel like looking at him, no she wanted to run, to howl, to feel the wind brush through her fur. She wanted to hunt, to kill, to be needed. Instead… She was left with an empty room and a master who was there early in the mornings before he left to leave her alone for the rest of the day. Hayl's words reached her hearing and her grasp upon the scarf tightened, she didn’t want to talk to him, she couldn’t for she did not know him. She wanted nothing more than to dis-trust him to find a reason not to trust him. However, he had every chance to kill her when she had the blind fold on, so she could trust him to an extent right? She lifted her hazel gaze from the scarf and glanced upwards at Hayl, noting the fact that he was sitting nearby with his back against a post. ”I’m a wolf,” She growled softly as she would then seem to glare at him. Loose? If she had had her eye sight, she would have spotted him instantly. ”Survival is important, if I was that easily distracted then how can I…”

Her words dropped off as she remembered that her master wanted her to be human, she had to be human to please him, to gain his attention and affection, but she wanted nothing more than to growl and bare her teeth at this male before her, something she knew that would displease her master. Everything that she used to do displeased her master and she closed her eyes for a moment as she took a deep breath. Human, be human, it’s what her master wanted. ”I… Master wants me to be more human, to learn the ways of humans, yet I seemed to have displeased him somehow and I don’t know how. Once, he had me chase down this woman called Yoona, but once we got home, he just… Stopped talking to me. Sometimes he gets up really early and leaves before I wake or her gets up and leaves without saying a word. I… I just don’t know how to prove to him that I’m loyal, that I’ll protect him with my own life…” Her words drew off for a moment as her gaze dropped to view her hands as they continued to clutch at the red scarf, her next words softly spoken. ”I don’t know how to get him to talk to me again…”

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Hayl on August 16th, 2014, 7:31 pm

Hayl let the silence set in before he spoke. The gentle waves softly sloshed against whatever wooden obtrusion penetrated the lake. He was soft on this subject. He almost hated himself for it because to display emotion on this level to a complete stranger is ludicrous. But, she seemed so quiet and troubled from the moment he met her, so maybe this whole stealth training isn’t about hiding in the shadows. Maybe it’s about finding yourself when you are lost in them. He already knew something personal to relate to her, but weighed the worth of mentioning it to her. She had already given up something from her to him, maybe not on purpose, but Hayl didn’t want to see the girl as hurt as she appeared. He had done his poking and prodding and now the truth had come out. Why not offer a little truth from himself to her.

“I never knew my father.” He rolled his eyes as he said, “I know, boohoo, it’s the same sob story that every other street vermin scampering around these alleys cry about.” He looked over at Redd through the corner of his eye, and then focused back on a warped window to an abandoned shack across the way as he concentrated on getting his point accross. Showing vulnerability was something Hayl severely struggled with. The last time he came close to talking about himself this way, a woman had a blade to his neck. “Anyway, my mother was whore. In Sunberth she supported me in the dregs of that filthy city by letting men be with her.” It felt like peeling skin off to talk about his past at this point. “A man…bought my mother, and I went with her. She was his to do whatever he wanted with her. He wanted to do… things with me, but my mother refused to perform for him if he were to lay a finger on me.” Hayl clenched his teeth. “He would beat her to the brink of death, but she wouldn’t submit for my sake. Finally he conceded one day and gave into the stronger power of a mother’s love. He did however see the value in me when I grew older and decided to train me.” Hayl pulled the dagger out of his sleeve and began to spin it in his hand, he didn’t realize but his words began to flow much smoother “At first I loathed the man so much I refused, but he would have his other students fight me and beat me until I couldn’t stand. I remember he grabbed me by my hair and held my head up so I had to look into his dark eyes. He told me ‘If you want to be able to defeat your enemies you are going to have to learn to fight.’I then realized that this man was my enemy. What better way to kill him than using his own techniques against him. So I trained under him and I really committed myself to it.”

Hayl shifted his posture against the post, “Well my mother saw the bruises and was going to lash out at our master. I begged her to stop. That this training was all I had. She finally gave in, but each day would beg me to learn a more honest trade and put all this immoral life-style behind me. I fathomed the idea and secretly dreamed of being a noble adventurer or something, but my developing skill squashed those dreams pretty quick. In the end I learned to respect my master. I had an opportunity to kill him, once while he slept but… something in my head rationalized that if it was easier to call him father, to let him live. I held the dagger for what seemed like eternity over his neck, and didn’t draw blood. Sometimes I regret it, some other times, I realize I wouldn’t be here. He taught me everything I know. And maybe today I would probably still kill him, especially when my mother got too old and he threw her into the streets. I also remember what my mother taught me and that this world can function on honor and morality. So my world, being torn between the two, I chose to steal. Sometimes from those who deserve, maybe other times from those who don’t. I never claimed to be a good person, but I do try to go the extra mile when it comes to things I can make better.” Such as this present conversation, but he didn’t expect her to make that connection. “This is something my mother taught me. Commitment.”

He rolled his head over and faced her. He saw her holding in growls when she became frustrated. It was weirdly fascinating, how well she perfectly struggled with the world of humanity and the world of the beast. “You, Miss Fluffy, should realize that your world isn’t that special.” He tried to lighten the mood by poking fun at her; maybe or maybe not the best tactic, but humility is the best reality for Hayl.

“This master of yours. You sound like you really admire him, but he restricts your desires. You sound torn between loyalty and freedom. Two very important things, that many people like us struggle with. Loyalty means giving up the freedom you value so much for the sake of another person. Freedom means pursuing happiness with no boundaries, but you’re lonely. So maybe happiness isn’t as easy as it sounds. I have suffered the pain of the pursuit from both angles. I’m tired of being alone, but I also can never be someone’s ‘thing’ again. So what is the perfect blend? I don’t know, but whatever it ends up being would have to be happiness.” Hayl finished his words while standing and walked over to her, still spinning the dagger in his hand. When he stood over her he grasped the dagger by the blade and held the hilt towards her for her to take, “Regardless, in the end you should be able to make your own decision. Maybe taking your master a cut collar will show him that you are loyal, but not owned.”
Last edited by Hayl on September 1st, 2014, 4:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
CS

Hayl
Bad Thief

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Redd on August 19th, 2014, 12:00 pm

Redd heard Hayl begin to speak and she lifted her hazel gaze to view him quietly while she listened, thoughts crossing through her mind. He never knew his father? Did most of those that spend most of their time on the streets not know their fathers? Sunberth? Was that another city? Where was that one? How many cities were there? Redd had only known two cities, Nyka and Ravok, so it was quite interesting to learn that there were many more out there. However, from Hayl’s story, it sounded like Sunberth was a city to just simply avoid all together. At that thought, she lifted a hand to gently tug at the secure collar around her throat. Unless the collar could some-how be cut from around her throat, she would not be going anywhere. She then remembered the tattoo and she lifted her hand to gently trace a finger over it, another factor that she realize that would stop her from leaving Ravok. Drawing in a deep breath, a sigh then fell upon her lips, listening to the male’s story diligently.

His story was a sad story, a very sad story indeed and half the time she couldn’t help but be amazed at his commitment to learn under such an abusive master. Had her own master been so abusive, she would have turned around and bit into his neck. Indeed, she could barely restrain her anger and frustration, it boiled just underneath the surface like a boiling pot of water. She watched as he rolled his head and faced her. His new nickname for her, ‘Miss Fluffy,’ was interesting to say in the least. Other than her fur when she was in wolf form, she couldn’t tell where and how he had gotten that nickname from and she angled her head slightly to the right. He was right, she was very much torn between loyalty and freedom. She had spent three years living outside the city walls, doing whatever she wanted to do, whenever she wanted. Hunting, killing, surviving and living inside a pack of wolves, wolves that were no longer welcoming to her. However, her loyalties had never been able to be placed within someone or a group, the only one that she had only ever trusted was herself. Her mother, the pack of wolves and Vayl had either chased her off or left her behind. Her Master Elias hadn’t done either of those, while he wasn’t around as often, he at least hadn’t chased her off or left her behind… Yet.

It was then that he stood and walked towards her, her eyes wearily eyeing off the spinning dagger in his hand. She didn’t like how he handled that weapon, however, she hoped that he wouldn’t use it against her. The moment that he stood over her, the dagger stopped spinning and he held the weapon out to her. Slowly she lifted a hand to grasp the hilt of the dagger and as he let go, she felt the weight of the dagger. It was interesting that such a small weapon could have any weight at all and she angled the blade so then she can partially see her own reflection within the metal. It was the first time that she had ever held a human weapon, because she had previously relied upon her claws and fangs before coming into Ravok. Ever since Ravok however and her brief fight with another wolf, she hadn’t been in any fights, nor been able to spend time within her wolf form. As she inspected the blade, not that she would know what a good one looked like, she began to mull over his words.

Freedom, didn’t necessarily meant happiness, it meant never knowing when your next meal would come or whether you would survive a winter. Loyalty meant that she would be serving someone who deserved it, but it also meant that she could also be left alone to be lonely. It could also mean that she was open to being betrayed again and again. Yet, she never really wanted freedom, she wanted to serve, to place her loyalties in someone that she knew she could trust. Someone that wouldn’t deny her who and what she was, someone who cared about what she felt and want. However, she was fast learning that in the human world, no one really ever got what they wanted and the corners of her lips turned downwards. No, ever since she had left Nyka, she had been searching for a place where she could find acceptance and happiness, but at every turn she was constantly chased away, left behind or feeling the pain of claws and teeth herself. It was then that she decided that happiness would never be within her grasp and she closed her eyes.

”I don’t know how to use one of these human weapons. I… Never got to use one before, I used to rely upon my claws and teeth.” She gently ran her tongue over her slightly elongated canines, mindful of how sharp they were before she looked up at Hayl and slowly rose to her feet, making sure to keep a grip upon the dagger in her right hand and a grip upon her scarf in her left hand. ”I… I don’t think that happiness is within my reach, Hayl. I think that I should remain loyal to my master, to my master and his wishes and his wishes is for me to keep my collar on until such a time where he wishes for it to come off. There is no more for me after Master Elias, Hayl. I know what I am and I know that the more that I keep pushing on, the more I hurt, the more that I don’t want to.” She paused as she looked away from the male, the lake’s surface catching her eye once again. There was beauty within such a sight, even though it was shadowed by the lake monster underneath its surface. Silently she wrapped her scarf around her neck before she held out the dagger back to Hayl. ”This… This chance here with my master, it’s all I have left.”

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Hayl on August 27th, 2014, 10:56 am

Hayl let her hold out the dagger for a long moment, and looked her in the eye to solidify his reluctance. Despite his opinions on a person’s ownership he respected that that was all they were, opinions. He could write her off as something negative or insulting but her beliefs are something to be respected. Finally he raised his hand and wrapped his fingers around the blade. After he slowly took it from her grip he abruptly spun it and replaced it in its house.

He held his gaze down on the dagger sheath and contemplated cutting the collar off by force. She may even thank him one day for it. He only thought about this for a split second. “No she wouldn’t really be free unless she cut it off herself.” He thought, then lifted his head with a well painted smile and said “Well I hope your master isn’t dead… that would make this whole thing awkward.” He chuckled. “I think you learned plenty today, and I’m hungry so how about you and I call it a day.” He said as he walked over and gathered his things. “You should know I’m here almost every morning… and my dagger is here if you need it.” He said with a quick nod, and then turned to walk away. He thought about how she basically told him that she wasn’t happy, but she preferred it that way. How she seemed to understand and even agree that life would be better if she took his advice, but whatever love she thought she had for the man who claimed ownership for her was more important. Hayl looked at her once more over his shoulder, “I guess you really can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” and then thought about starting to find something to eat.
CS

Hayl
Bad Thief

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Sneaky sneak (Redd)

Postby Nemesis on September 18th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Hayl

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Skill ? +?
Skill ? +?

Lores

*?
    *?
    *?

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *?
    *?

Loot/Expenses
    *?
    *?

Redd

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Investigation +1
Observation +4
Socialisation +3
Tracking +2

Lores

*Freedom Isn't Always Happiness
    *Loyalty Only to the Deserving
    *Hayl: Flighty
    *Questioning the Benefits of Humanity
    *Losing a Sense and Using Others

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None

Loot/Expenses
    *None

Notes

*Hayl, please read the announcement in the OOC. Thread, as well as the Summer Seasonal Calendar - it is stated numerous times that expenses were at 20% higher. Please edit this and PM me, then I will post your grade.
    *Really lovely thread, guys... particularly nice to see Redd given the opportunity to really debate her existence!

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous