Ornea's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Ornea's Plotnotes

Postby Ornea on September 28th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Welcome !

Open for discussing threads, though really busy irl and not totally sure how my plans will be. Don't want to promise too much.

If you find something here that gives you ideas, or if you just want to start a plot discussion to explore possibilities, without making commitments, please drop me a PM. I'm easy to speak with and not in a hurry.

Space and pace
Reply times :
Always interested in new aquaintances, but I have time for a limited number of threads so I can't strike up a whole ton of them in parallell. If I'm full at the time we agree on a thread it will need to wait for a free space.

I don't want to write with people who have abysmal reply times. Normally I write my posts on Saturdays and Sundays. This means my own pace is medium, with reply times of 3-7 days. I'm not speedposting, but will post on steadily and not bail. I want you to mostly keep a similar pace, though we can of course agree on extra time when real life demands it. I just wan't you to be mature of mind enough to send a PM. If there's a major delay or you have some problem with the content in a thread, please tell me and we'll solve it.

What happens if you bail without PM
Protocol rules :
If people disappear without bothering to PM me, and aren't answering my PMs for weeks; or if there's delay after delay due to "fantastic" explanations; I will put the post order free and then solo complete and hand in. People are of course free to come back and post, but I will not wait if we haven't agreed on it in PM.

I hope you understand I have rules because I need to prioritize and use my few thread spaces and limited time to write for active and interested thread partners. I give priority to the ones who give priority to me. If you don't intend to post on and complete, please don't take up my time with asking for threads or spaces.

Decent post length of at least 5 paragraphs or 400-500 words is a must.
Last edited by Ornea on February 18th, 2016, 7:10 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Ornea's Plotnotes

Postby Ornea on December 6th, 2015, 11:34 am

Story&Goals for Ornea - Past Seasons

Lhavit Fall 514 to late Summer 515
After being slightly but permanently injured by overgiving, the metalsmith and former reimancer Ornea moves to Lhavit, in the hopes of recovery in a new environment. She starts to work as metalsmith at the gadgeteering firm Lucis and Lucis and get's involved in the work and the normal projects there. She forms a close work relationship with the old master gadgeteer Edward. They maintain the vital city infrastructure to ensure water supply and goods transportation, develop new machinery and have a vision to one day in the future create the foremost telescope of their time, Stargazer.

She had planned to lead a calm life with work and meditation. But as old conflicts and grudges from the past of her employer are revived, she gets drawn into a mix of odd events.

Wind Reach Late Summer 515 to Fall 515 AV
In the end of summer 515 AV Ornea decides to go to Wind Reach. She is worried about the news about the hardships there, with the volcanic activity and the increasing troubles with zith. Her reunion with family and friends isn't a total success though. In addition the return to her former environment also means the return of bad habits, and she relapses to using magic, several times. At the end of the fall she realized she still needs time away and goes back to Lhavit with the last trade flight of the year.

Seasonal Thread Fall 515 AV
A "seasonal thread" for small things. One story per post.
Post plots :
Post 1: Day 17 Snowracer
Calendar: The first snow falls over the valley, blanketing the land in white. While some Inarta go outside to play, many worry that such an early snow will mean a harsh winter, especially with the difficulties of the past season.
Plot: Rare family outing. Ornea goes out with her two yasi children in order to do something fun together. But the contact they had in the past is lost.

Post 2: Day 20 These shoes were made for walking - on snow
Calendar: Market Day. Snow gear is the theme for this market day, including heavy coats, shoes made for walking on snow, ice drills, and a number of other cold weather items.
Plot: Ornea visits the market and buys snow gear, in particular snow shoes.

Post 3: Day 21, One more bath
Calendar: While nobody is quite sure who first discovered it, many Inarta flock to Lake Shivias, which has been warmed by the extra heat coming from the mountain.
Plot: Ornea complains about her personal hygiene and is told that it’s possible to go and bath in Lake Shivias. She is ready to do anything to get to clean herself a bit so like so many others she goes there and experiences the Inarta culture once again. It’s a long walk there, on foot, with snow shoes, the bow at ready, nervously watching out for the large flock of Zith that was sighted a few days earlier. They stealth, they climb, react to shadows and are trigger happy. But they get there and it’s time to bath. New troubles ensue. Will Ornea manages to get cleaner than she was ?

Post 4: Day 34 The hard way back
Calendar: Due to the heat from the geysers and springs around the mountain, melting snow runs down the mountain into the valley filling creeks and brooks that are normally empty at this time of year.
Plot: Optimist, Ornea has believed in one more sunny day and together with a few more optimists she has gone out to try to hunt. But on the way back they find the way blocked by the water. They are stuck out in the snow and need to find a way back.

Post 5: Day 40 Prepare Yourself for Wind Reach Winter
Calendar: Market Day: Nothing special is up for sale this market day. In fact, that is the point. General every day items that people might need for the upcoming Winter are the theme for this market day.
Plot: Ornea visits the market to buy a few thing she might need. Run in!

Post 6: Day 51 A Cozy Evening At Home
Calendar: A heavy snow storm blows in from the northeast, and temperatures plummet. It remains cold and icy for the rest of the season.
Plot: Ornea spends a cozy evening at home, drinking hot Lhavitian tea and making metalsmithing designs, gadgeteering sketches and other homely things.

Post 7: Day 64 If tomorrow never comes
Calendar: A wind eagle and her rider are taken down by a swarm of Zith
Plot: Seeing how suddenly life can end and with all the Zith attacks in mind, Ornea and her endal friend has one of their few personal conversations about their personal relationship and their feelings for each other.

Post 8: Day 70 Feast and Finery
Calendar: Market Day: On a rare, sunny day, the Valintar cancels Market day and replaces it with a small feast. All are welcome to attend.
Plot: Feeling pretty hungry after a long time on half rations, Ornea dresses up for the unexpected party and goes there to find out what she’ll get ... or not.

Post 9: Day 73 Kissing the Bay Goodbye
Calendar: Thunder Bay is officially closed for the year.
Plot: Ornea blows a kiss the bay’s way and prepares mentally for a hard winter in Wind Reach by meditation on the ocean and the winter sky, the wind the ice, snow and cold.

Post 10: Day 80 Undo your mind
Calendar: Market Day: Nothing of particular note is on sale this day, but the market is crowded with onlookers as fire spinners put on a spectacular show for those who shop.
Plot: Affected by the fire spinners’ show, Ornea falls for the sweet whisper and the temptation to use her reimancy again. The allergic reaction due to her lingering overgiving injuries is soon a fact and hallucinations send her into memories of The Dance of Change.

Post 11: Day 83 Goatfight
Calendar: A herd of skygoat are spotted near the city and, despite the cold and snow, hunters pour out to take advantage of the close prey.
Plot: Ornea tries to contribute to the hunting and has a run in with an angry skygoat.

Post 12: Day 90 The magic of our daily bread
Calendar: Market day, with extra bakery goodies
Plot: Ornea helps out baking at the market day in an attempt to seek mental balance by extra much practical work. She uses the baked goodies in a try to get back in the good grace of her old magic trainer, the grumpy reimancer Ritva, when she turns up to tell her former apprentice off for misuse of magic. But despite munching an amazing lot of muffins, the old wizard is as hard to court as ever.

Lhavit Winter 515 AV
Ornea returns to Wind Reach. She resumes her life there. Work goes on, and the projects of Lucis may progress a bit. Ornea is now looking for a meditation trainer, again.

Seasonal Thread Winter 515 AV
A "seasonal thread" for small things. One story per post.

Post plots :
Post 1- 3 : Day 7 Tea with Hesper
Calendar:The last trade flight for the year arrives from Wind Reach
Plot: Ornea has tea with Hesper in her home at Solar Wind Apartments.

Post #: Day # Post subtitle
Calendar:
Plot:

Lhavit Spring 516 AV
Ornea lives and works. She is affected by the mysterious "gift" of the Fountain of Sharai, which gave her increased agility. Work goes on, and the projects of Lucis may progress a bit. Ornea is now looking for a meditation trainer, again.

This season contains only two job threads, which are now part of the job thread project to start at in the fall season of 516 AV.

Lhavit Summer 516 AV
Work goes on, and the projects of Lucis may progress a bit. Ornea is still looking for a meditation trainer. She is trying to be Lhavitian and among other things she falls for a offer of a free makeover from by the fashion stylist Amelia. Troubles arise at Lucis and Lucis and Ornea meets the okomo handler Boo Beckett when weird thing happen in the beginning of summer.

This season also contains two job threads, which are now part of the of the thread project to start at in the fall season of 516 AV.
Last edited by Ornea on August 26th, 2016, 6:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Ornea's Plotnotes

Postby Ornea on December 6th, 2015, 11:36 am

Fall 516 AV
I'm putting present time plots on the backburner.

If I write, it will be all the unwritten job threads I postponed in the past due to how unstable the city was at the time.

Note 28 October 2016

Goal:
Complete and hand in threads and themes of the old. Tie up and solo complete all loose threads. Clean out old ideas. Make room for new things.

Progress: Not bad ...
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)