[Timshel] Literary Doodles

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Timshel on February 21st, 2014, 12:25 am

I've avoided making a scrap thread for some time because, honestly-- who would read it? But I already know I'm going to have to take a hiatus mid-spring, so I plan on using this space as a megaphone for those thread-buddies that end up with abandonment issues: "Sorry! I'll be back, promise."

Additionally, I have to admit, my vanity does need draining from time-time. It's like a reoccurring blister that gets irritated, grows and grows, 'til it gets so angry and red that it's hot and painful to touch. At that point, I'm forced to take a pin and just lance the little sucker, preferably over some newspaper, or somewhere I don't mind making a mess. Many use Facebook/Instagram, which is fine if your ego-pus smells like cinnamon, is inherently witty, and you don't mind Aunt Margery or your boss seeing it. My drainage tends to stink. A scrapbook should be fine.

So while I generally dislike the idea of a thread centered around just me, I could think of nowhere else which might be appropriate for me to dump any updates, or random bouts of idiocy. Those times I feel like saying something, even if that something amounts to nothing.

I suppose this is also where I'd put up a summary of myself, but I'm not sure how. A dry recitation of facts? Besides being boring- how can you know anyone like that? People only put up the facts they deem relevant, and if experience has taught me anything, it's that people rarely know themselves as well as they'd like to think. Myself included.

As for rules, there are none. If you can draw from anything I say here, feel free. No, you can't outright flame each other here, but that's not my fault. That's against Miza's terms of use. Then-again, the first rule listed is, "1. Be creative and original," which I don't think I've ever managed to follow perfectly, so if you can't either- I won't be offended.

Done? Done. Have a happy day.
Timshel
Player

Words: 46821
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2013, 7:58 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Timshel on October 2nd, 2014, 3:01 pm

Update

Hey all! Just got back from a 5-month hiatus. Spent the time hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. Super fun; I miss it already. But I had zero time to write. Glad to be back and to scratch that itch again. Although, I'm a little worried because 1) I missed a whole season, and 2) I've have 5-month old job threads to do still. My bad.

Anyway, here are some random pictures from the trip:

High Desert-

Regular Desert-

My favorite camp spot-

The Sierras-

Mt. Hood-

Cascades-

Going to be mostly soloing/grading until I can get some real-life stuff in order, but it's all good. Looks like some of my threadmates are busier than I am! (Looking at you, Khida.)

Anyway, good to be back. Cheers.

Timshel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Khida on October 2nd, 2014, 3:19 pm

Welcome back! Glad to see you. :)

That sounds like quite a trek, and you definitely have nice pictures to show for it, there. I've been on a very little bit of the PCT, myself; mostly, I've done other small hikes. Now that I'm back on the proper coast (I admit, I'm biased), I'll hopefully be able to get to see more of it, job permitting.

Personally, I've come to think missing a whole season is better than, say, missing two months of a season. There also isn't a lot going on in Endrykas at present, so in event terms, I don't think you've missed too much. It happens, we go on.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Timshel on October 3rd, 2014, 2:42 am

Thanks!

Nice. I'm originally from New Hampshire, but I'll admit: West coast, best coast... But still, Biggie > Tupac.

Anyway, The Mt. Hood - Eagle Creek - Cascade Locks sections are absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend them.
Timshel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)