Closed Family?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Family?

Postby Noera on July 2nd, 2014, 12:25 pm

She was ecstatic, her eyes lit up and she nodded and purred "i am kelvic! And i'm a panther too" she giggled and for a moment she lost herself and pounced on the boy, knocking and pinning him down "then we are! we are brother and sister aren't we!" she laughed and giggled.

But that moment passed and Noera gasped, she quickly moved off him "I'm so sorry about that, sometimes i can't control myself. I just got a bit exited..." she apologised trailing off and put her head down in shame.

She looked up again to see if he was going to scold her or something, but he just looked right back, she though that maybe he didn't like her anymore.
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone ~Aurdrey Hepburn
Noera
Player

Words: 3382
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2014, 11:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Family?

Postby Ardan on August 15th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Ardan was shocked for a moment, whether by Noera's enthusiasm or by the fact that she was, indeed, his sister, he knew not. When she backed off, looking ashamed of herself, he placed a hand on her shoudler.

"Don't worry, Noera," he chided, gently. "I've dealt with much worse than that." He chuckled lightly, looking into the girl's seemingly frightened eyes. He remembered being her size and age. Timid, worrysome, but joyful. She couldn't have been older than two or three years. Their kind was almost entirely short-lived, unfortunately.

Sitting back up, he removed his hand from the girl's shoulder. "How long have you been in Lhavit?" he asked.
x

Theme Credit to Euthisa

OOCI assume that Noera only looks and acts 14, but is actually much younger. Kelvic operate under the same age system of their animal sides (ex: dog years. A one year old dog Kelvic would appear to be seven.) So, you might want to fix that detail in your CS. Just some friendly advice :)
Another OOCSorry 'bout the short post. I didn't have a lot of time today.
"I walk a lonely road, the only road that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I walk alone."
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Thoughts
"Speech"
"NPC Speech"
Ardan
Why you fear the dark...

Words: 44651
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2013, 5:04 am
Character sheet

Family?

Postby Noera on August 18th, 2014, 10:35 am

Noera looked up, surprised at him, but giggled at his now very comforting aura.

She knew she could be brash so she started to try and make a good impression, she sat up strait and tried to contain her enthusiastic giggles and replied to his question "not long, but I have quickly taken a liking tot Lhavit and its people" she smiled.

As Noera remembered that they were actually siblings, all sorts of things popped into her head racing around. If she has a brother, why not other siblings? or parents? she had never needed nor wanted answers, but now that Noera had more questions, she needed answers. "do we have parents?" she asked in haste clasping her hands together with a bright face waiting eagerly for Arden's answer, her 'good impression' idea lost
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone ~Aurdrey Hepburn
Noera
Player

Character sheet

Family?

Postby Ardan on August 20th, 2014, 4:21 am

Ardan's smile immeditately faded at her last question. She wanted to know about their parents. The parents he had abandoned in rage. The parents who had sent her away as an infant. The parents whom he had returned to see with their names etched into headstones.

Petch.

He brought his hands up, pursing his lips. Looking away from Noera, he let put a long, pained sigh. "We did. They... have passed on. Alongside our grandfather and my own bondmate."

The words pained him immesurably, and he held back a vicious growl. He looked to Noera, wondering how this revelation would hit her. She would never meet her true parents, or know why they sent her away.
x

Theme Credit to Euthisa
"I walk a lonely road, the only road that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I walk alone."

Thoughts
"Speech"
"NPC Speech"
Ardan
Why you fear the dark...

Character sheet

Family?

Postby Noera on August 20th, 2014, 10:40 am

Her heart broke.

Her hands dropped slightly and her jaw tightened as tears welled up in her eyes. Noera didn't really know how to feel, there seemed like no reason to be sad, but she felt it anyway. why should she be sad for people she never met? Maybe because she was related to them and it seemed the right thing to do. Or maybe she was sad that the kelvic race is as fleeting as it is.

But thing that saddened Noera most, was the pain in Arden's face, he lost a family that he sounded close to, not only did he loose both his parents and his grandfather, but his bondmate, what things has he done to deserve this? surely nothing! Noera put a petite hand on his shoulder, as he had done to her, and said "i'm sorry to hear that. That must have been very hard for you" her voice laced with compassion.
Noera
Player

Character sheet

Family?

Postby Ardan on September 27th, 2014, 10:12 pm

Ardan smiled slightly as the girl, not used to being comforted. It felt strange, foreign, but oddly nice. What friendships he had forged over his travels were few and far between, and never even approaching the depth of family. Mostly associates in heists, or scapegoats. The life of a thief was unforgiving, and left not much room for friends. However, even his dark life would have to give way to family.

"Thank you, Noera." He sighed again. "I am sorry that I am unable to tell you why your parents sent you away. It must be... difficult, not knowing." One thing in Mizahar he could understand was the difficulty of not knowing something. For years, he had desired nothing but knowledge of his bondmate's murderer. It tortured him. Was this what his sister felt?

He hoped not. He would not wish that pain on his worst enemy.
x

Thoughts
"Speech"
"NPC Speech"
Ardan
Why you fear the dark...

Character sheet

Family?

Postby Noera on October 9th, 2014, 5:56 am

Noera was happy Ardan was thinking about her but he didn't need to "I never really was upset about not knowing my parents. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been nice but, i wouldn't loose sleep over it" she chuckled rubbing the back of her head.

Noera realised something; her brother had come looking for her and they were talking in an ally-way, it was not hospitable at all! so she stood up and brushed herself off "i'm very sorry for my rudeness, please come and join me for something to eat or drink at my home, its not very far from here" she offered holding her hand so he could stand, she then grinned a face-splitting grin and said "if you want to of course, dear brother"
Noera
Player

Character sheet

Family?

Postby Ardan on October 10th, 2014, 1:47 am

The panther let loose a long sigh of relief as she responded, telling him that she was not upset. Part of him wondered how anyone could live without knowing such a thing, but he quickly suppressed that. He had learned long ago just how many different ways people can think.

At the mention of a home, his eyes widened slightly. Home? As in, a proper house or apartment? He had not lived in such a way for some time, and never once in Lhavit. The last time he had been in a house was....

No, he could not think about that. About her. For once, something good was happening. He could not pollute this moment with such painful memories. Instead, he focused on his newly-discovered sister's offer, knowing that he did need some food. He tried not to look it, but his poor living had made him much gaunter than he would have liked.

So, he took her hand, rising to his feet. She was strong for her size, pulling him up with ease. His cloak opened slightly, revealing his dagger entirely. He quickly hid it, not trusting anyone to even see the weapon. Few things made him as paranoid as the though of someone getting near his knife. Once he composed himself, he smiled back down at the girl.

"I would indeed," he stated. "Though, I hope you'll excuse me if my etiquette as a guest is a bit... rusty. I've not stepped into another's home for some time." At least, not as a welcomed guest.

Petch, he'd need to reign in his urge to steal, wouldn't he?
x

Thoughts
"Speech"
"NPC Speech"
Ardan
Why you fear the dark...

Character sheet

Previous