[Mura] Shopping with the green lady

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Kiska on September 29th, 2010, 4:53 pm

2nd Day of Fall of the year 510 AV, mid morning

Kiska looked to the city of Mura, the many Konti already wandering the streets. The buildings were all very interestingly built, appearing as an assortment of shells on a beach. Despite hesitantly agreeing to this little shopping trip, Kiska actually did want to explore the city. She had heard they had some interesting places here, like the shop called Waterfall Fabrics. She'd wanted a new dress since her departure from Cyphrus. Since then she's only been able to find commonplace dresses like that she wore now, simply styled and solidly colored maroon.

Kiska looked back to her companion, Ero. The woman was still striking, despite the fact that Kiska had spent hours with her the day before. Her green skin and massive figure stood out among the entirety of the island. It would be hard for anyone to mistake her.
"What's keeping you?" She asked the woman as she waited for her. "Where do you want to go first?" She said, thinking over all the places she had been told about so far. There were a few places she was interested in, the Silver Dragon Emporium, Waterfall Fabrics, and this place she had heard of called the Suvai Pavillion, though that wouldn't be in this area of the city. She wondered if there would be an archery trainer at such a place.

She had heard of the Konti's weapon of choice. The Suvai. She was interested to see how one would work, as she had heard very little about them except that they were the preferred weapon of the Konti. Anything she could learn was something of interest to her.
"Maybe we could swing by the Suvai Pavillion today too," she said to the Akontak.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Words: 74147
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2010, 6:17 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Ero on September 30th, 2010, 1:11 pm

"I have no preference, though maybe a dress like yours would be nice." Ero was a little shy about clothes shopping. Her uncle had never let her dress flamboyantly, but Ero had never seen a problem with it. Traveling with only a few pairs of clothing was convenient, but it made for more than one awkward occasion when someone intruded upon her at a stream or pond while she was washing both pairs of her clothes.

"I would like to go to the Suvai Pavilion around noon. I have mostly taught myself how to use this weapon, and I have been told that these Konti are capable of fighting with great beauty as well as skill." she took the Suvai from her hip, twisting it this way and that as the sun fell on it. "I'm not sure how stabbing someone to death can be seen as anything other than a demonstration of skill, but who knows, I am young!" Ero smiled and turned to walk side by side with Kiska down the street. They made for a strange scene, a small, pretty Benshiran woman in a charming maroon dress, and a plainly dressed Akontak such as she. Ero liked looking nice, but had never really had a use for it, since she'd had very few friends back in Riverfall, and the boys there only ever wanted her to take her clothes off. Hopefully this new friend would help Ero in picking out clothes to look nice in.
Ero
Uniter

Words: 37129
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiska on October 1st, 2010, 11:02 pm

Kiska looked down at her dress, it was so plain. "Some new clothes would be nice. Maybe something flashier would do.." She thought back to the times in which she wore almost exotic dresses, decorated with flattened metalic plates and beads of various colors. She doubted that the Konti would make such a thing as her people wore, but she was sure that they would have something better than the plain, undecorated dress that she wore now.

"There's a clothing shop called the Waterfall Fabrics I believe, somewhere here in Mura. Would you like to go there?" She asked the woman, already heading off in the direction she was sure it would be.

Kiska was unsure of an idea that had been forming in her mind lately. She adventured quite a bit now, and often times found herself in dirty situations, or situations that required a lot of physical activity. She wasn't sure that it was logical to wear only dresses anymore. Maybe it was time to invest in some breeches and shirts, though she had always seen them as men's clothing. What did she care about her looks anyway? It was evident that she wasn't looking for a husband right now.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Character sheet

Postby Ero on October 3rd, 2010, 12:56 am

Ero nodded and strode after her companion, easily catching up. "I've heard of it. I wonder if there is anything behind the name 'Waterfall'." Ero surreptitiously checked how much money she had. "I hope this is enough" she thought to herself. Ero had never truely been clothes shopping before, and had never actually bought clothes. The ones she had now had been made for her and paid for with chores for her uncle.

As Ero rounded a corner, she saw the a large white building with blue doors. As she neared, she was able to look in the two windows upon the clean and comfrotable looking interior. There were a few paintings on the walls, and a few cushions scattered around. Ero opened the door and stepped into the light and airy interior. She looked around and saw only a single Konti sitting behind a counter.

“Welcome to Waterfall Fabrics. What is it that you desire?” She asked.

"Hi there, I am looking for some sort of light flowy long skirt, preferably in a dark color." Ero started out with confidence, but it didn't last for long. "I'm uh, sorry I've never shopped for clothes before. How is it that we make the exchange? Oh, by the way, this is Kiska."
Ero
Uniter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiska on October 6th, 2010, 1:25 am

Kiska followed the tall green woman into the store, walking just slightly behind her. The inside of the store was neatly decorated and just a bit too organized. It was comfortable enough looking to her, furnished with a table and cushions. A Konti greeted them as they walked in, followed by Ero's almost clumsy response to her. Kiska wouldn't have expected her to ask for what the Akontak requested, but said nothing. She waved a simple hello to the Konti as she was introduced but didn't speak immediately. She looked around, wondering where the clothing was at, and looked to Ero. Ero appeared to be finished speaking, for the time being.

"I'm just looking for some simple breeches and a shirt, and a pretty dress." She frowned at the thought of herself and Ero wearing matching dresses. She's never once been jealous of anyone, but she knew that she would pale in comparison to the beauty Ero would be in a long flowing dress. She would just have to make sure their dress was different enough. She still couldn't figure out where the clothes were, but she had spotted a door on the other side fo the room. She figured it would probably be through there that the clothes were stored or displayed.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Character sheet

Postby Ero on October 10th, 2010, 2:15 am

Ero smiled
and followed as the clothes saleswoman stood up and led the two ladies into the back room.

"As you can see, I have many different styles of clothes for you. Blouses, skirts, dresses, trousers, breeches, and even, ahem, nightwear." Ero wasn't real clear on what sort of "nightwear" this would be, as she did not have any thing she wore in bed. She had always seen such things as frivolous.

The woman left her back in the room, saying that if Ero needed any help, simply to call out. Ero wandered through the many different clothes, gleefully. She tried on many different clothes, and slowly gathered a few favorites, like a black silk chemises, a beautiful grey full cape, and a matching broad brimmed hat. As she explored deeper, she came across a beautiful silver and white dress, with amazing designs and everything she ever could have hoped to find in a dress. When she tried it on and looked in a mirror, she reazlied that she had to have it, it was simply too beautiful to leave.

Ero realized she had been in the small room for quite some time, and was probably making Kiska wait. She stripped off the outfit, and quickly put on her old clothes.

She opened the door and carried the four articles of clothing over to the saleswoman. "How much would it cost to buy these?" she asked, holding each out for the woman to see. "well, the chemises with the cape and hat will be sixteen gold mizas alltogether, but the dress is twenty five gold." she replied. Ero hesistated, but only momentarily, and quickly dug out the money required and handed it over. She grinned and thanked the woman. She then turned to Kiska, and said "Hang on just a moment, then it will be your turn." with that she darted into the room and quickly changed into the dress. As she stepped back out, the woman handed her a bag with all her other clothes in it. Ero thanked her again and put the clothes she had been wearing in it.

The dress was beautiful.
Last edited by Ero on October 10th, 2010, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ero
Uniter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiska on October 10th, 2010, 5:04 am

Kiska sat down on a cushion to wait as Ero tried on clothing. It took quite a while before she emerged from the room again and paid for her clothing, only to quickly dart back into the room. She came out again in a silver and white dress. Kiska frowned. She could never be that beautiful in a dress. "It looks nice," she said to the Akontak, and stood up.

The clerk turned to Kiska now, "If you'll follow me, I'll show you to the fitting room," she bowed slightly and smiled, then walked off into the other room.

Kiska followed her into a comfortable looking room with many shelves and wardrobes along the walls of the room. Two pools of water lay on either side of the room, giving the room a serene feel. Cushions and chairs were scattered about the room.

"This is it, we have everything you could want. Over here we have the dresses, skirts and acessories to go with them. There we have pants, shorts, and the like. We have hats, shoes, nightwear and all of that over on the other side of the room. Capes and cloaks are over there." She turned around and closed the door after her.

Kiska looked around, there was so much variety. She was amazed, and began looking immediately through the dresses. They came in all colors and styles, short and long. Some were too short, and some were too long. Most of them seemed to point toward a trend in Konti society, thinness. It was a good thing that Kiska herself was thin, and could fit into almost any of these dresses, except for the overly large ones. She picked out one dress from the dresses section. It was a two part dress that was mostly maroon with black designs stitched into it. The top part of the dress was a little short for what she normally wear, but nothing she wouldn't imagine herself wearing. When she put it on it came down to her ribs, showing her entire midriff. There was a matching cape that was mostly black with maroon floral designs stitched into it. She absolutely loved it and decided that she would even pick out a necklace from the accessories to go with it. She ended up choosing a simple silver band necklace that layed flat against her chest when she put it on. It matched well.

She took the dress off and placed it on a cushion then went to search through the pants and shirts. She quickly picked out a long sleeved white cotton shirts and grey cotton pants to go along with it. They fit well enough, and would do for her purposes. They allowed for a wide range of movements and wouldn't trip her like a dress would. She changed back into the dress, as if to show Ero, and gathered her stuff. She exited the fitting room and looked to the cashier.
"I've got this dress and .. cape thing, and necklace. And I've picked out a shirt and pants. How much will that be?" she asked, approaching the counter the Konti woman sat at.

The woman eyed her up and down as if to check her. It seemed quite obvious that she had changed clothing, and the Konti didn't seemed worried about it very much. "For the shirt and pants, 2 silver mizas. For the dress and necklace, and the cape, that will be...34 gold mizas."

Kiska searched for the mizas in her pack and handed them to the woman. "Thank you," she said, and turned back to Ero. "I'm ready to go whenever you are. Where would you like to go to next?" She was happy with her purchase, and felt much less invisible next to Ero now that she was also wearing a pretty dress.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Character sheet

Postby Ero on October 10th, 2010, 6:32 pm

As Kiska went into the room, Ero swirled around and looked at herself in one of the mirrors. The dress truly was beautiful. It clung to her figure nicely, and left her back bare. She felt truly gorgeous in it. She sighed a little to herself. Rarely would there be a reason for her to dress up this nice, but it was an opportunity she couldn't miss. She sat down next to the salewoman and did her best to make comfortable small talk.

When Kiska emerged wearing a beautiful dress of her own, Ero felt a surge of emotion in her chest. The girl was so attractive, and Ero told Kiska that she looked amazing.

when they stepped out into the road, Ero stopped, unsure of where to go next. "How bout you decide the next destination?" she suggested.
Ero
Uniter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiska on October 10th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Kiska followed Ero out of the store and into the streets of Mura. "I heard of this place, I hear they sell just about everything. It's called the Silver Dragon Emporium. apparently, they built it in the middle of a bridge," she said, sounding apalled. "You'd think that kind of thing would make people mad, building it in the middle of their bridges and all."

Kiska was having fun, for once in her life. She had never really been able to do things like this, trying on clothes, and buying them, or shopping with a potential friend. She felt very girlish, or rather, like one of the Konti women around her, always dressing themselves up and being beautiful

She led Ero through the streets of Mura, noticing as all the Konti stared at the two very different women in exquisite dresses for no apparent reason. They came to a stone bridge with a building placed in its center. The bridge itself was stunning, crafted to look like a lizard with twin heads on either end.
"Wow, they sure overdid themselves with the architecture in this city."

She stepped through the light blue wooden doors of the Silver Dragon Emporium and into the white stone building. The inside was much different than she would have imagined it to be from looking at the outside. It was packed full of various things. Kiska immediately began to search through the store, picking up this and that, little things that interested her. She collected things to use in her herbalism and studies, including an iron pot, some wooden spoons, several pounds of dried herbs in small pouches, some licorice root, which she thought smelled good, a few jars of honey, a gallon of what appeared to be some sort of vinegar (which she was told by the clerk was 'apple cider vinegar, good for cooking and health'), and a sack full of fifteen 8 oz bottles. She also picked up a wire drain and a sizable bowl, two cups, and five self-lighting candles, as the clerk had called them, to make herself at home on the White Isle.

She approached the clerk with her bundle of stuff and set it down on the counter. After taking one look at her and her collection the clerk said, "An herbalist, hmm? Maybe a healer? A doctor? I have just the stuff for you, she pulled a small case from beneath the counter. It held a small knife with an ivory handle. "This is an isurian steel knife. It's good for all purposes, cutting bark from trees, bandages from wounds, anything from everything. It's durable, and it's pretty. What do you think?"

Kiska nodded, she did indeed need some sort of tool for collecting herbs, barks, and other stuff and a knife for any purpose couldn't hurt. "How much is it?"

"Two gold mizas and five silver ones, but I have more to show you," she pulled out a few more items from the counter. "A journal, decorated even, for writing down all your notes, research, or your life. A healer's kit, complete with herbs, salves, bandages, and other things you'll need for helping people. And last but not least," she pulled out a small device with a bowl on the bottom, a copper plate placed above it, held by three small rods. "This is a portable firepit, good for cooking, philtering, making herbal concoctions, just about anything you'd need a regular firepit for, only you can take it with you. You just put your wood or fire bricks here," she said, pointing at the bowl on the bottom, "light it, and place a pot or other container to be heated on top of the copper plate here."

Kiska stared in awe as the items were introduced to her, each one bringing her more delight than the last. This woman must have been some sort of seer, to know Kiska and her wants and needs so well. "I'll take them all, how much will everything be?"

The clerk counted up all of the items and added figures together in her head, "Ah, in all it comes up to...seventy gold mizas, four silver mizas, and seven copper mizas."

Kiska grimaced and pulled out her money pouch. That definitely hurt. She would need to find some source of income sooner or later. "Here you go," she said, handing it over to the clerk.

The clerk took the money and deposited it into a small pouch which went into a drawer in the counter. She put everything Kiska had just bought into a bag and handed it to her. "Thank you ma'am," come again soon. She smiled and went back to organizing things on the counter.

Kiska walked back over to Ero, bag in hand. "Are you looking for something in particular? I bet I could find it for you," she looked around at the cluttered store, surprised that she had found as much useful stuff as she had.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Character sheet

Postby Ero on October 14th, 2010, 1:42 am

Ero walked around the shop, perusing the oddly diverse range of knick-nacks and clothing. While perusing the shop she discovered many pretty little items, but nothing truely interesting enough to spend money on. As she walked towards the counter where the clerk seemed to be pulling items from thin air to pile onto the things Kiska was already holding, Ero saw a few lengths of rope coiled around a post, and picked up one made of hemp. she shrugged, "Ropes are useful, might as well get one here." she thought to herself. She gathered up one length that seemd to be about fifty feet long.

As Kiska handed over a large handful of money to the woman behind the counter, Ero shifted uncomfortably, and felt the part of her that was Sesim do something similar in her mind. Something about the woman made her uneasy, as though the lady was already looking at her and reading her deepest thoughts. When the woman did finally turn to Ero and smiled, Ero could only return it with a weak, uneasy smile.

"So just the rope then?" the woman asked with a sparkle in her eye. "You don't want anything else?" she asked.

"Well, there are a lot of nice things here, but I have spent so much already on this day..." she trailed off as the woman produced a small bag and a book.

"If you'd like, this book contains information that may help you find what you are looking for. It is very old, possibly even pre-valterrian, and I have been holding on to it for some time, waiting for just the right customer. If you would like, you may have it for only, oh, say thirty gold." She Held it out to Ero for the tall woman to inspect. Ero eyed it hungrily, eager for anything that might be a lead on her quest. She had been so disappointed at the lack of useful information at the library, but this book might be the key! Ero was instantly suspicious.

"How do you know what I am searching for? What do you know about me?" She asked, a little abrasively.

"Why, I know only that this will help you, and as for how I know," she let out a laugh that sparkled in the air like the sun through ice crystals, "It's a gift! One that you share, dear." she smiled genteelly at Ero. "If you like, I have one more thing that may help you. It is a bag of glitter, and should only be used when you feel there is no other alternative." She set a small bag on the counter, and explained what it was and how to use it. After not too long, Ero decided to brush aside her misgivings about the woman and buy what she suggested. Kiska was clearly pleased with her purchase, so why shouldn't Ero follow suit?

After a weak attempt at haggling, Ero handed over one hundred and fifty five gold miza, more than she had spent on even the dress she now wore. With a timid smile, she stepped out of the shop and quickly caught up to her Laden friend.

"I would kind of like to find a place to stay tonight, then maybe head back to where we had tea? That is, if you don't mind. In fact, why don't you decide where we go next?" Ero watched her friend carrying all those things she had bought, and moved to help her. "Here, let me help you..."
Ero
Uniter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next