[SO-Syliria] The Eye of the Storm (Iosena)

Roth rescues a drowning Ethaefal.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast, beautiful oceans encircling Mizahar. The Eastern Ocean to the east and the Western Ocean to the west.

Postby Roth Windcarver on November 7th, 2014, 8:31 am

Roth couldn't believe his luck. His sister may be missing, yes, but she had been replaced by a navigator of seemingly equal skill. She could read Zintila's map of the heavens to guide their way at night, perhaps even use Syna during the day like his sister and the other navigators in the family did. He hoped that was the case, for without the family pod anywhere nearby, it looked like he'd be spending some time on his own, and he needed a navigator if he was going to do that with any marginal amount of success.

He shook his head, giving a soft shrug. "Your guess is as good as mine, though I'd put my money on either Sahova or The East Sylirian Coast. Err...which star was that? The...compass one, eh?" He squinted, trying to follow her pointing finger to make sure he got it right. Didn't want to miss this chance to learn, just in case he lost this new navigator any time soon.

Soon she began to make note of the cold, the chill that Roth had become used to in all his time at sea. Glancing around for a moment he turned his back on her, moving towards the cabin doors. "Wait here a moment, eh? I'll get you something to bundle up with."

Slipping past the doors and into the core of the ship it became quickly noticeable that anything that had been left on the floor that wasn't water tight was ruined. A good two inches of saltwater had made their way through the cracks in the deck throughout the period of the storm, and although the sleeping hammocks and bags of clothing lay untouched there would certainly be some cleanup to do.

Snagging the backpack full of basic clothes and living materials his missing sister had left behind, he hauled his way back up the stairs before dropping it before the soaking woman. "That should be good, eh? Some dry, if simple, clothes. Hairbrush to untangle your hair around that...odd lil' growth you got there," he said motioning to her entwined horns. "Razor to shave, soap to keep you smellin' like daises and all that. The essentials, ya'know?"

Flashing a smirk before turning his back to allow her to change, he spoke again after a time. "Name's Roth Windcarver, Captain of this here ship. Sailor and fishmonger extraordinaire, with all available utilities at your disposal until we reach land. Should you find this place to your liking, long after that as well. I have need of a navigator and First Mate, and the gods above seem to see fit that I find you out here, in Laviku's domain."

Common Speech // Fratava Speech // Char Speech // Internal Dialogue
Roth Windcarver
Captain of The Waterwife

Words: 7570
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Iosena on November 7th, 2014, 7:01 pm

Iosena gripped the pack Roth had given her and glanced around taking it all in. "It's nice to meet you Roth, I am" she opened her mouth and then paused and looked upward.

Her eyes traced the sky for a few moments before she settled her violet gaze back on Roth, "..Iosena, I think that will work for now."

She stumbled to her feet and reached out, grabbing the mast for support. She felt very unsure of her limbs or where to put them, she towered over Roth as she glanced over at him. Iosena drew in a deep breath, let go and shakily made her way over to the cabin. She crouched comically low to get into the doorway, and disappeared inside.

A bit later she came out dressed in simple pants, tucked into boots and a billowy shirt that was too short for her. She pushed the sleeves up to her elbows and tossed her long blood colored hair over a shoulder. "So then, the stars... "

She took a seat on the deck and gazed up, "we are on the East side of Mizahar and my guess is that land is about a day or so that way, " she gestured to the starboard side of the ship.

"I cannot read the waves, but the sky seems calm enough for now."
Iosena of the Ethaefal, daughter of Leth, former Inarta.
Iosena
Player

Words: 7163
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2014, 8:02 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Roth Windcarver on November 11th, 2014, 1:28 am

When she rose to her feet it became blatantly clear that she was far taller than he. Surely one, perhaps two heads, she had on him, and her odd horns that hung over her head confused him. What was this woman? Where had she come from? What could she do?

He watched the stars as she explained, and the storm seemed to calm slightly as she did. The ring of swirling clouds was starting to slow, and for now they were at the eye of the storm if nothing else. He made sure to take note of the Compass Star she had pointed out, and stared at is as he made his way to the wheel of the ship, his boots thudding softly against the wood of the deck. If they were going to get anywhere, they needed to get pointed in the right direction. And if she was right about the stars, though Roth had no way to get to land if she wasn't, this woman could be extremely useful in the future.

“Do you know anything about sailing, Iosena?” he asked, starting to turn the wheel. The boom, the thick wooden bar made to direct the mainsail, swung across the deck directly at Iosena. If she didn’t move, it would catch her square in the chest.

Common Speech // Fratava Speech // Char Speech // Internal Dialogue
Roth Windcarver
Captain of The Waterwife

Words: 7570
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Iosena on November 11th, 2014, 9:21 am

Iosena watched as Roth moved around the ship, his footing was sure and steady despite the gentle rocking motion. She was having enough trouble just standing still and her insides also felt like they were swaying. "No I.. " she yelped as the boom came toward her and she staggered back trying to get away from it, tripped over her feet and almost landed in the water again.

She stood up, brushing herself off, looking bashful and a bit irritated. "Is it normal for things to move around like that?"

A ship was no where in the fragments of her memories. Mountains and birds yes, but nothing with regard to water. It was a bit intimidating to see nothing around, except the icy waves that tried to eat her and the clear sky overhead. She took a seat somewhere that looked relatively safe and stared up at Leth. "Be well my father and make our home whole, so I can one day return to it," she thought.
Iosena of the Ethaefal, daughter of Leth, former Inarta.
Iosena
Player

Words: 7163
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2014, 8:02 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Previous