[Issues found by Perplexity] Dustian Annabell Shraik

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Dustian Annabell Shraik

Postby Dustian Annabell Shraik on November 8th, 2014, 11:23 am

Dustian Anabell Shraik

Appearance

Race: Ethaefal
Birthday: 92, Spring, 488.
Birthplace: Near Lhavit

Appearance:
Dustian:
This man is quite slim, muscular, with strange, redish skin and hair. His eyes is pupil-less and the reason for it is because he is blind. One horn is in ice-blue color, while other one is sickly yellow. Dustians horns won't change their color during the season change, what also is a sign that he is one of the forsaken one. Why he has this condition is only for him and gods to know.

Anabell:
Her skin, hair and horns are blue as pure ice, but eyes look warm and full of love. She wears simple, but clean blue dress in summer and warm, blue coat, if it gets colder. The womans body is slim and quite frail, but breasts and hips seductively big.

Shraik:
While Shraik is muscular, his body without clothe looks bony and horrifying. He has big fangs and one eye is covered with a patch. His skin, hair and horns is yellow and nails are black and sharp. He has this mad look, that screams-I want to see your guts!

Character Concept

This child of gods is a mess. His mind, broken into tiny pieces, tries to understand the world around him. He says I'm lost, but gods won't abandon me. Sometimes, in dark night, when only stars and Lhavits lights are witnesses, she whispers
Even if they had forgotten about me now, I am going to enjoy this life, what they had given to me. But there is a time, when the seasons change and his screams could be heard in the most remote corners of the city If gods wanted for me to bleed, then I will make this world to bleed. With the blood of man I will brake the ties of gods, I will show them, that I don't need them!
So his mind wanders. Wanders trough the world and its labyrinths. In him lies calm wish only to serve and maybe one day get rewarded for it. Sometimes she strives to enjoy the world in its endless bloom, but in the end...they always fall from their grace.

Character History
Image26 summers ago Dustian Annabell Shraik came to be. It was end of spring, rain had been pouring down him quite a while and the land around this place was enjoying the down pour. The first thing what Shraik remembers of his life, is that someone helped him get out of the lake. His head was pounding. Images of places he never had seen or been. Memories, he never owned. It was overwhelming, painful, he needed to stop it. A hunter, the man who was pulling ethaefal out of the water, had a dagger attached to his belt. With a devilish thought in his mind, the yellow creature pulled it out and cut the mans throat by surprise. The lakes pure water was tainted red.

From then started Dustians memories. His mind was clouded, fuzzy, you can say. He didn't know what he was doing away from his home, away from the warmth of the gods light. Alone, with only the silence of death, he looked down and froze in shock. A body of dead man was lying in the water. And the dagger, that killed him was in his hands. Dustian couldn't...he just couldn't...he ran.

ImageShe was cold, scared and confused. Her hands were red and weight of something heavy was on her shoulders. Annabella was in a forest. It was dark and didn't look friendly. The girl was scared...even terrified. Something moved left...then right...dark, yellow eyes shined through the bushes. The girls ran. And it followed her. Right...left...trees everywhere and the beast just kept following. Memories of warm light, feeling of safety, little children laughing. It all went pass her eyes. What was it? Again, what was happening to her? And then she bumped into somebody. It was a warm chest. Anna thought that the beast had got here. So she did the only thing she could - faint.

ImageSo begin the life of Dustian Annabell Shraik. Because of his first deed and the dark corner of his hearth, he was a forsaken. An etheafal, but lost to his brothers and sisters above. After the incident, Dust woke up in a small room, in the city of Lhavit. The man that helped him was named Ramash. After a week, in which time Dustian changed to Annabell, he left the good mans home to start living on his own. He started to earn and even took up a magic discipline, morphing. Some time after that his mind changes automatically made his morphing powers to work as well, changing the creatures looks. In the start it seamed that Shraik won't return. Dust and Anna even made a diary. A way to communicate to each other. But then, next day after the end of season, Dust found a message...message from Shraik. He wasn't gone. What the devil was doing, when he was free, both, Annabella and Dustian didn't want to know. They just kept living their lives, as he wouldn't even exist. It was hard to ignore the murders.

Now two of each has their things to do. While Dust is in control, he is something like a beggar, that sings tales of gods and their deeds. For children he always has a threat, for others in need he always has a coin, what sometimes annoys Anna, because she is mostly doing the earning, and he is always pleased to talk with someone, if they are interested in his person. When it is Annabellas turn, she works at the flower shop and in free time tries to get most of her life. She likes to enjoy worldly things and Lhavit is perfect place for it. It is only a shame that she can't ever love, because of her condition. But after Shraiks last act, the ethaefal needed to leave his so called home to start everything from start.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Nader-canoch

Skills[/color]

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Storytelling +14 SP 14 Novice
Floristry +10 SP 10 Novice
Leadership +10 RB 10 Novice
Morphing +26 SP 26 Competent

Lores

Helpful Lores: (Pick 2)
Lore of Lhavits street plan
Lore of Religion: Syna

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Kina
-Blue, damasked, superfine wool dress

Heirloom: Cold steel dagger, which he kept from Shraiks first victim.

Housing

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 Kina 100 Kina
Cash In Housing +500 Kina 600 Kina
Blue, damasked, superfine wool dress -28,8 Kina 571,2 Kina

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Dustian Annabell Shraik
Broken in shards

Words: 3448
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2014, 3:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Dustian Annabell Shraik

Postby Perplexity on November 11th, 2014, 12:36 am

Howdy Dustian,

I am Perplexity the Domain Storyteller of Zeltiva. Upon reading your character sheet I have found a few discrepancies that need to be addressed before you can continue to role-play in the forums.

Appearance
First things first, Ethaefal possess only two forms. Their Ethaefal form that they take with the rising of either Syna or Leth and their mortal seeming. They must both be the same gender. That means if your character is naturally a male then his mortal form is also male and vice versa. The mortal form does not possess horns. You must differentiate between the forms.

Secondly, Ethaefal are not affected by base mortal afflictions such as sickness and aging. That would extend to being blind as well. They feel hunger and thirst only in mortal form. If blindness is a consequence of Overgiving then that’s one thing but you need to bring attention to that. You cannot have pupil-less eyes. You may also not have different colored horns. Both horns are the same color. While that color may shift from season to season both horns remain the same color at the same time. As you are starting out as a Forsaken Ethaefal pick a horn color. It stays that way.

History
I am going to reiterate that if your character’s Ethaefal form is male, their mortal seeming is also male. I am also going to point out that there isn’t a shift in “souls” as your history implies. It’s one mind. One body. One soul. That means Dustian is completely aware of himself in both of his forms. They’re not two separate entities. There cannot be and isn’t a third. There isn't a second entity. There's just one being with two forms. The way your whole character sheet reads implies that none of these forms are a byproduct of careful study through the cultivation of Morphing magic. All three forms are mentioned as existing PRIOR to obtaining that magic.

No.

That’s not how it works. Please read over the Ethaefal lore again and more closely familiarize yourself with how this elegant, celestial race works. Also, Morphing doesn’t just automatically work because you’re an Ethaefal who shifts forms. I suggest you read the lore. Morphers have to carefully study that which they are trying to mimic. It doesn’t just happen and is a very extensive process. If one of your three forms if the product of this magic then it must be meticulously researched. Overall, the history is very difficult to follow and makes little sense.

Languages
Are you sure you don’t want a Poor Language?

Lores
If one of your “three forms” is the product of Morphing magic you must have a lore to accompany the template of that form. You also have a trade skill in Floristry. Might I advise having something to accompany that? Having a lore of Lhavit’s Street Plan is rather moot if your character lives in Lhavit. They’ll learn their way around easily enough. Also, given that Leth and Syna are exalted deities revered in Lhavit in abundance you could start without having a lore in knowing Syna’s religious cult. Ethaefal inherently know about the deity whom they serve. Though they might be a bit fuzzy about the details.

Ledger
If you are renting a room at the Solar Wind Apartments as opposed to just starting with a house, deduct the cost of the room from your ledger to account for how long you’re going to live there. Also you may want to cross reference the cost of your dress with the modifies on the Price List.

Love & Confusion,
- Perplexity
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)