Ethaefal, Gnosis Marks & Other Ethaefal PCs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Aon on October 11th, 2010, 10:27 pm

I would be happy if anyone could help me with 3 questions:

1. Previous Gnosis Marks: I'm developing a character who is Ethaefal reverts to Myrian form. The question is whether or not the past gnosis marks of Myri would carry over since all mature Myrians have them to some degree according to the lore.

2. Do Ethafael have gnosis marks before their fall? in particular, does "The souls found others like them, but it pained them to recall their lost fellowship. Murmurs were passed along in moonlight and sunlight to one another, a gnosis gift," from the race page imply a gnosis mark? Just seeking clarity.

3. Are there Ethaefal PCs currently active?

Thank you in advance for any assistance on this! :)
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

John Milton, Paradise Lost
Aon
Newfallen

Words: 8127
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2010, 8:47 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Kelpie on October 11th, 2010, 11:12 pm

I'll try and help you out here a bit since I do have an Ethaefal PC. :)

1. From when I've spoken to Colombina about this, Ethaefal do not retain the gnosis marks they had when they lived as mortals. For example, my Konti Eth did not retain her mark from Avalis, althought she definitely had one when she lived at the time.

2. No, I don't believe they do. You can apply for a gnosis mark at the creation of your character in the Help Desk if you want your PC to get a gnosis mark from Leth or Syna or whathaveyou. But Ethaefal don't start out with gnosis marks guaranteed.

3. Yes there is. Sitkanis, Callisto, Nimvahlis to name a few. Callisto being mine.
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aon on October 12th, 2010, 12:31 am

Thank you for clearing those things up for me Hyacinth!

Aon
Newfallen

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on October 12th, 2010, 5:11 pm

It's always a great idea to apply for a Gnosis Mark at the beginning of the game in whatever faith you choose to pursue. Some of them aren't finished yet. For example, I currently have Caiyha's Phylonura (druidism) and Akajia's Night Stalking about to go in. But feel free to pick anything, developed or not. It gives us an excuse to write it up.

One thing to note, however, is that just because your PC is an Eth and follows Syna, it doesn't mean that gnosis mark is one of Syna's origins. You can literally apply for anything and Eth have in fact done so. There has been a certain trend lately, an interesting one, for the Eth to be slightly upset at their patron deities for 'letting them fall' from their comfortable safe world. It is almost as if they see their existence as a curse and spend their life trying to get back. But sometimes there's a resentment too. Why me? Why did this happen? Why didn't you prevent it? Wasn't I faithful enough?

You get the picture.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aon on October 13th, 2010, 5:05 am

Hmmm, I have been thinking that I may forgo the the gnosis marks for now. It will be much more interesting to roleplay Aon's exploration of his relationships with Syna and Myri. He may in fact seek them out for that reason.

Yes, I have thought a great deal of the psychological implications for the Eth. There is just a wealth of interior exploration that can be done there. Aon will be a bit of a blank slate and I will be looking to see how the people he encounters will influence his developing thoughts regarding the deities. Much fun to be had there!

Aon
Newfallen

Character sheet