Making Peace [Kellan]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Making Peace [Kellan]

Postby Alron on October 14th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Date: 6th day of Fall 510 AV

The sun was slowly sinking closer and closer to the horizon as the young falconer stepped out onto the small game trail leading up to The Edge of The World. Rel blurred past him flying off into the open air, hunting for thermals or something shiny to play with. Alron couldn't help but laugh a bit at how predictible the bird's actions had become, but then again, they had been together for four and a half years. He shook the thoughts out of his head and returned to the thing that had brought him out here, trying to track down the clumsy archer who had spilled water on him, then the day after had helped him cover half the courtyard in glitter. He still felt bad for the way he had ended the conversation the day before yesterday and was trying to find him in order to apologize. He figured that this was going to be the easiest of the four apologies he had to make. Tomorow he would try and track down the kelvic he had met there, she had said her name was Aria? He was saving the Endal and her eagle for last, mainly because he was worried about getting killed by said eagle the second he walked into the aeries.

As he neared the end of the trail he saw one of the few sights in the entire city that could always take his breath away. He stepped out onto the ledge of Wind Reach's famous climbing wall and looked out over the surrounding area, known as the Katshika Valley. It was still early in the fall, and what few trees that weren't ever greens still retained a touch of their green tones, with most of their leaves in various hues of red, yellow, and orange. Then there were the splotches of permafrost capping the mountains, adding a solemn reminder of the season that was just around the corner. All set to the rise and fall of the valleys and hills, the Katshika River charging through the entire scene, a winding bolt of blue lightning, running from Wind Reach fighting it's way down to Thunder Bay, the waters finally bringing calming the raging torrent. Of course Alron's eye wasn't trained enough to appreciate the subtleties of the picture before him, but only a fool wouldn't be awestruck by it. After a few chimes he managed to tear his eyes away and survey the wall itself. There were a couple of younger kids who couldn't be older than ten were fooling around the wall under the supervision of an elderly couple, but other than that the cliff was quiet. "Of course he isn't here." He sighed, sliding to the ground and throwing his feet over the edge. His feet were sore from walking around the city looking for the archer. He had been every where except the aeries and here, and he wasn't eager to enter the aeries. He wasn't looking forward to entering the home of a certain wind eagle that he assumed wanted to take revenge for inadvertantly calling her overated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

-Robert Frost
"I've noticed something... You know how they say you need to love yourself before someone else will, well that is a load of rubbish. You need someone who loves you to show you all the best parts of yourself, all the littles things about you that you should love. But, what do I know? I'm just some teenage punk who thinks he knows everything about everything."
-Me
Alron
The happy-go-lucky hunter

Words: 16268
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2010, 2:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet