Alexander's Personal Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Alexander's Personal Journal

Postby Alexander Magnus on December 1st, 2014, 9:19 am

Date: 02, Winter, 514

Today was probably one of the best days I've had at work in as long as I can remember. I've been working at the Iron Works here in Sylira since I left The Welcoming Home. Basically since I was old enough to hold a hammer and learn from the smiths. I've sweated, bleed, broken bones, and worked until I felt as if I were going to fall over. I've spent years toiling at my job and I was finally recognized for all my hard work, I got promoted! When I first started at the Iron Works it was as a novice, learning from those there who are skilled in the craft. I worked alongside fellow novices for years, and today I became an apprentice smith.

The pay increase isn't anything to celebrate over, but that's not the point. The point is that after all my hard work and effort, my years of training, learning, and getting better, I got noticed. It's a wonderful feeling to realize that you've gotten good enough at something for others to see it. Although I suppose a little celebration was in order. After work I went down to the local tavern and bought myself a nice meal and a tall tankard of cold ale. The meal was better than what I usually order, a nice thick steak, baked potato with all the trimming, and green beans. I even bought Sparky some freshly drawn milk. The little fur ball is laying in front of the fire passed out and happy as can be.

I think one thing that helped along the way is enjoying my work. Being a smith isn't an easy job and it's physically demanding, which is part of the reason I like it so much. Coming home from work tired makes me feel like I've done a good day's work and contributed to the community. Every here has to do their part and I'm no exception, but I'm still not satisfied. It not that there's anything wrong with my job or the people I work with, that couldn't be better. While I realize this is still some time off I want to learn to forge weapons and armor. The Knight here put their lives on the line every day protecting the people and maintaining law and order within the city.

When I see them I see the thin line between order and chaos and I want to do my part in helping them to do their job. I want to forge weapons and armor to help them fight evil and injustice, so the people here can continue to live good lives without having to be afraid to step out of their front door. I know I've still got a long way to go, but today was a wonderful reminder that I'm headed in the right direction, and apparently I have the skill to eventually get there as well. For the time being I'll have to continue making nails, bolts, horseshoes, and the like, but one day I'll be hammer out weapons and armor that help protect this land and the lives of those who use them.
Alexander Magnus
Apprentice Blacksmith

Words: 20025
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2014, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal