Totally New Here, A little lost...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Fate's Fox Pup on December 12th, 2014, 3:40 am

I role-play a lot with a group of friends, usually through text. I'm not sure how to make a character sheet though, and wonder if it's necessary to have. Is it kind of like D&D in a way, where everyone can view it and invite me to their "party" or blogs? I just don't really know, and find myself lost.

If anyone can help here are some of the questions:
-How do I make a character sheet?
-What kind of skills can i have?
-What exactly is in a "Starter Package"?
-Is it necessary to read the full lore?

Thanks to anyone who can help! :)
Fate's Fox Pup
Player

Words: 206
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2014, 3:11 am
Race: Kelvic

Postby Keene Ward on December 12th, 2014, 4:20 am

Hey there!

Firstly, read the welcome PM from the admin! It'll answer all of those questions, and give you vital information for succeeding in Miz. :)

You make a character sheet by grabbing the outline from the Character Sheet forum here and writing it up and submitting it as a new thread here!

There is a list of common skills here, however there are a lot! If you're curious, you can look at the other CS's to get a better idea of what sort of skills there are (try to look only at the ones with green checks, those are the accepted ones).

The starter package is the amount of skill points, money, and items you get when you create a character. Your starter pm will explain more.

It's not necessary to read every lore article in the wiki, however, it's strongly suggested you read as much lore about the race, city, and religion you decide to choose. There is a lot of reading on Miz, and most of it is pretty fantastic! It can be a bit daunting, but you'll get used to it if you stick with it. :)

Welcome to Miz! Let me know if you have any more questions, or PM any of the mods. :)
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)