The Traveling Companion NPC: A Few Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on November 6th, 2014, 10:32 pm

I hope I've read the NPC lore page correctly and am not troubling anyone unnecessarily but I've got a few questions that I'm unsure about. First and foremost these are questions about Travelling Companion type of NPC.

1) Not it says to post a HD ticket if you want to start with an NPC. However if I gain one through a solo would I just turn that in for Grading or should I do something like post the solo, then post the NPC up in the HD with a link to said solo? If I'm hitting the wrong not here completely please tell me the exact procedure.
2) This is just a clarification that I need here. The buit about Stationary NPCs specifically states "Unchanging - meaning can't be trained up or skills expanded upon" However in the bit about Travelling Companions says nothing about this. Does this mean that they will receive XP in my threads that they participate in? Does this also mean my character can teach their character skills?
3) Now this is what I am most unsure about. If I was right before and the Travelling Companion can gain XP and learn new skills. Does this mean that it would be possible for them to be Marked by a God. I do not want the NPC to start marked. I want them to be Marked in thread. Would that, at all, be possible?

Specifically I ask these questions because I'm angling for a theme. I was thinking of having Thannis adopt a street rat teen and perhaps eventually convince him to join the joyous pyramid scheme of Uldr's Returning Gnosis. Of course there would be many threads of getting to know each other and getting him warmed up to the idea before anything of the sort actually happened. I'm obviously not planning on doing a rush job with this. I was just wondering if it is at all possible in any shape or form. Thank you for reading, folks, and I appreciate any answer you can give me.
Much Thanks to Caela For This Sig!
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Words: 51656
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2014, 2:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on December 14th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Bumpity bumpity
Much Thanks to Caela For This Sig!
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Words: 51656
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2014, 2:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Xavior Silhouette on December 14th, 2014, 5:18 pm

1) The way I've done this in the past was to post the solo as well as post an HD ticket with the NPC's stats and character information. Once it is approved they'll update your information and make the NPC Canon.

2) Not sure but I think it is universally understood that NPC's skills are set in place and don't change. However, take that with a grain of salt, if it isn't written then I can't be certain.

3) Probably?
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes