[Verified by Crosspatch] Thannis Daraktheon

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Thannis Daraktheon

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on January 4th, 2014, 2:22 am

Thannis “Wisp” Daraktheon

Appearance

Nickname: Wisp
Race: Originally Human, now Undead Chained One
Birthday: 33, Spring, 491.
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance:

Original Appearence :

Thannis was average height standing at around 5”7. In fact Thannis was rather average in all regards. He was never starved but neither does he participate in any kind of physical training. He didn't shave all too regularly giving him a semi-permanent lining of brown stubble around his face.

Chained One Appearence :

Thannis is no taller than he used to be but the rest of his features are vastly different from his original body. His hair, which was once brown, is now a silver shade of blond. His skin, which had been almost tanned and somewhat weathered, was now pale and unblemished. He no longer looked as average as he had once done. Some women, in fact, find him hauntingly charming looking. That is until he rips their neck open. He is surprisingly strong for his lean athletic build. His teetch are unnaturally white and sharp.

Character Concept

Wisp is going to have a tough time in Sunberth. He's a mage and that's the only sort of thing he knows which is probably going to bite him in the ass when it comes to trying to find a job. He's also brash and arrogant a little driven by anger (he certainly has a short fuse). He'll also have the conflicting needs and wants of Uldr to contend with as he tries to live some sort of semi-decent life.

Character History

He was a student of the University. He wasn't really the best but nobody thought he was the worst either. He came from a family of Voiders. Professional Voiders in fact. Generation after generation they dealt with the garbage of Zeltiva and it rather looked like poor young Frederick was going the same way. Why poor? Is this not a high paying job worthy of esteem and respect? Well it certainly paid but, alas, it was not the most desirable job. Many Voiders seemed to think it was far beneath them. Young Frederick was often teased by the more stuck up students.

This was probably what drove Thannis to practice many nights alone in the most discreet of places. It almost looked like he was up to something sinister the way he crept around town at night. He wasn't. He just wanted to practice in piece. He wasn't even doing Voiding at the University. He was learning Glyphing which was very important for the dispensing of large amounts of garbage in a quick and efficient way. In any case since he wasn't doing it at school he obviously had to practice.

One night, while practicing, he had a rather horrible accident. Preoccupied by some remarks made toward him earlier he directed the pull of a portal not forwards but indeed backward. The strength of his anger and resentment also meant that he had perhaps put a bit too much oomph into it and he very quickly found himself trapped in the void. As you might expect of a Portal with Pull his lack of concentration as he was being sucked into it had began it's descent into instability. He was hardly given a moment in the Void before his Portal shut behind him and he found himself just another self-voided wizard about to die.

Confronted by not only the shame of self-voided death but the terrifying absolute nothing all around him his anger grew greater than ever twisting and coiling solidifying into hatred. It was the most intense outburst of emotion he had ever had in his life. That was when he heard the soft-spoken voice of a child. He could not see him. Well he could not see anything in the impenetrable darkness. The voice was Uldr's and he was giving him a choice. A choice he inevitably took.

Fresh from his near-death experience he found himself in Sunberth ready to begin his new life as a Chained One. With his newfound strength he has toyed with the idea of becoming a boxer. Controlled blows by his fists were devastating in this new form and, for some reason, no one ever seemed to expect it.

Death in the Void :
The arrogant fools! Wisp couldn't take this any more. He'd had to walk past that James and his lot. What a bunch of petching shykeheads. “Oooooh, I smell a Voider! I've not got any garbage but I guess you can do me a favour and just throw yourself in.”

Wisp fumed as he set up the human sized target. He was going to show them. He'd like to see the look on his face when he was voided. Every time Wisp envisioned that he felt a little more likely to do it. He couldn't of course. That would get him into all kids of trouble. It was probably bad too. This little moral flicker also seemed to diminish every time he thought about it.

Well, in any case it was time to practice. He stepped back a meter or two and outstretched an arm in front of him. “Razat-Abase. (deep breath) Razat-Abase. (deep breath) Razat-Abase.” Razat-Abase – To End Life. In essence to remove that which was all around them. This was what Wisp's Djed did. It ended, emptied, a space of all things. For many moments, about ten to fifteen seconds, nothing happened. Then, like a spark, a black dot appeared in front of his outstretched hand. With equal composure he began to feed his portal.

He was careful and concentrated much as it grew. He had managed to pull a target not much smaller than the scarecrow he had brought along tonight a few days ago. He hoped that tonight he could do better. As it grew his mind wandered just a little. Imagine if James was that scarecrow. The look he would have coming face to face with that nothingness. Voiding wasn't a joke he was going to teach him that. Oh yes.

With the sweat pouring down his brow the tiny portal had grown spectacularly. It inched closer and closer to his goal. One day he would be able to do this so quickly people like James wouldn't be a problem. Master they would call him from all around. People he had never met before would dip their heads in recognition when he came along.

His portal was complete. Ah there it was. A real beauty. He could fit his entire body into that. He could take one step forward and certain death. He smiled. Okay now for pull. He had to summon all his might for this one. He needed to pull in that dummy. Okay he imagined the directionality. Right where James was. Right there. “Abast” and he moved his hands toward him. His djed followed the directionality of his hand. His hands were pulling back as if to drag the dummy into the portal but really the gesture was indicative of a Pull in his direction and, momentarily filled with thoughts of poor James being sucked into the Void, he had willed it to go the wrong direction. He didn't even notice until he felt a swift tug at his coat and a nanosecond later his legs gave out from underhim and he found himself tumbling down. down. down. into nothingness...

Suddenly disorientated he found himself lying, or floating, face down in nothing. The only light came from behind him. He struggled around confused and befuddled until he could see where the light was coming from. A small pane of light showed the alley he had been in moments before. He'd self-Voided. Oh Gods he'd self-voided. He needed. He needed.

Too late.

The portal was gone. He was nothing. He was nowhere. “Oh Gods above!” He shouted. He wailed. “The Void. The Void! Where terrible monsters lurk and... And... Oh Gods I'm aloud. I can't even tell.” He couldn't even see his own mouth to tell whether he was speaking or thinking. He couldn't even get a grips on his situation. He was completely freaking out. He didn't know whether he was standing or lying. Nothing felt hard. Maybe he was floating. Oh what did it matter “I'm doomed! It's that boy's fault. He ruined everything! My life. I was going to be great. I WAS GOING TO BE GREAT!”

“You can still be.” a soft-spoken voice answered from the nothingness around him.

Wisp shut up immediately. It was a monster. A monster had come for him. He'd made too much noise and now he was going to die before his oxygen even ran out.

“I met my favourite mortal in this place once.” the voice continued seeming unperturbed. “He was lacking in a future much as you are now.”

Wisp frowned. He'd never heard of a monster talking to it's food first. Perhaps the monster was insane from all it's years trapped down here in the Void. Wisp was starting to feel a little better if only because the sound of the voice gave him a sort of anchor. He didn't feel quite so bodiless any more. There was direction again and this gave him more comfort than he could have ever imagined. One did not miss something like that until it was gone.

“Who...” Wisp faltered. He didn't know whether speaking would give him more or less time alive. In a way he was a little curious to hear more of what the voice had to say. “What are you?”

“What am I?” It repeated as if this was a ridiculous question. “What are you?”

Wisp supposed this was a fair reaction. He could only assume the creature had been here first. “I'm dead I suppose.” Wisp responded downheartedly. It was an inevitability anyway. What did it matter what thing he was now? In the end he was dead.

“And why? Pray tell, the long face?” the creature asked as if they saw nothing wrong witrh this state of being.

“Well... Um...” Wisp faltered. He'd never met anyone before that didn't agree that dead was a terrible thing to be. “I won't be alive any more. It's the end of me. End of everything I am.”

“And yet here you are. Still in the process of being.” The creature pointed out. “Death is not the end. Death is the beginning. You had such great potential, didn't you?”

Wisp was struggling to find the logic there but when the creature mentioned his potential he fired up. “Yeah! I was going to be the best Voider since the Valterrian. I was going to be respected all over and he stole it away. That boy stole it away from me!” All those feelings of anger he'd had when he fell through the Portal were resurfacing.

“Yes! Yes! They stole it from you, didn't they? You're nothing now but you can still be everything. Those rotten living, inferiror folks out there. They have to pay, don't they? They have to burn!” The creature was all of a sudden vicious and hateful.

Wisp found himself getting worked up also. “Yeah, they did! They killed me! I could have been like them but they didn't want me! Petch them! Petch them all! They can burn for all I care. Let death take me! Can't be as bad as all that.”

“Not so fast, dear boy.” The creature cajoled. “Things can be done.”

Suspicion welled above the surface. “Things!?! What things? Who are you?”

“I am that which came before all things. I am beholder of the hatred that has doomed you. I am the God of Undeath. I am Uldr.” As the creature spoke it's voice gathered strength and volume until it was all around him almost deafening him.

“Ah!” Wisp shouted shielding his face with his hands. A God! “Forgive me, please! I did not know who I was addressing!” Wisp was not just dead but probably about to be tortured for a million years. He had shouted at a God!

“You are not forgiven. The living will never get my forgiveness. They are inferrior, boy. They work all their lives just for the chance to die and start all over again. It is folly. It is stupidity. Life is wrong. A broken and decadent thing.”

“Yes, yes of course.” Wisp agreed hastily in a vain effort to preserve his life.

Do not cower before me, boy!” Uldr ordered in an especially commanding voice.

“Okay, okay.” Wisp removed his arms shakily from in front of his face.

“You are pathetic.” Uldr said his voice becoming soft and withdrawing from all around him. “But you are soon to be parting with your life which makes you useful.”

“Useful?” Wisp asked wondering how he could ever serve so great a God.

“You will join me and become eternal. All of your dreams. Your potential will be fulfilled.” Uldr told him in that same soft-spoken voice. “Or you will die here in this empty place. Your life forgotten. Your legacy lost in the generations. You will be remembered only as one Voider in thousands who disappeared due to their own foolishness. Pathetic.”

Wisp had some doubts about joining with a God who hated life. He doubted he liked the sound of this Undeath. Yet, what alternative did he have? Death? Real, cold death. There was no chance. He'd rather be a monster. “Yes, Uldr God of Undeath, I will join you.”

“First, you will die.” As soon as Uldr spoke those four words Wisp began to feel something. Something was gone. He tried to open his mouth to tell Uldr; to ask what he meant; but he could only gasp for air. He gasped desperately but ever lungful of air seemed further away. Every effort seemed harder and harder. His chest hurt. His body cried out for air but there was only nothing. Vast nothing as far as everywhere. His vision was beginning to swim. He felt like he was falling again but he wasn't sure. He wasn't sure what was happening. He couldn't see or hear or feel anything other than this desperate, desperate need for air. His gasps for air were getting less and less powerful. His body grew still and for a single moment he felt one with the darkness all around him. He was at peace.

Then, a jolt. Energy flared right through his body bringing him back with a bang. He flailed and groaned out in pain. It was the most pain he had suffered in his entire life. Every moment was one that would haunt him for the rest of his conscious and unconscious life.

After some time the convulsions; the pain; gave way to a new feeling. Solidity. He wrenched his eyes open to find he was staring down at the ground. He was back? Excitement coursed through him. He leapt to his feet. Immediately he felt something was different. What was wrong? Was it the alleyway? It was not the same one he had left from. The buildings around him were wooden and in some amount of disrepair almost nothing like the immaculate Zeltiva.

He sighed bringing his pale hands up to rub his eyes. Pale[i]? He laid his hands out flat in the air in front of him. These weren't his hands. He looked down at himself. His clothes didn't quite sit right. He rubbed his jaw. No stubble. This wasn't his body..? He looked around himself as if expecting to find his body somewhere. It was nowhere to be found.

A woman, about as tall as he and possessed of fair hair, turned a corner into the alley. She stopped suddenly as she saw him. “Oh... [i]Hello
.” She said warily. It was night and she was probably scared for her virtue.

Wisp smiled and stepped forward. “Hello. Hi, Thannis.” He said pointing to himself. He was so happy to see another person he didn't even notice her wariness.

“Uh, umm, Angela. Nice to meet you.” She took a step back.

“Oh, don't go.” Wisp frowned as she took the step. He had never thought he was going to see another human again. She ought to stay where she was. He needed her.

“No, I must be going... Very busy, uh, Thannis.” The woman excused herself obviously terrified of something.

Stay.” He growled menacingly before leaping forward and grabbing her by the arm. He swung her round by the arm bashing her into the wall. Her head tilted back and cracked off the wall creating a near instant red stain. “Oh, sorry.” Wisp told her. “Didn't realise my own streng-” He stopped mid-sentence as he saw the blood. Oh wow that looked nice. Hmm, mmm... “th.” He finished. He looked at her. She was beginning to slide down the wall. She wasn't unconscious though. Her eyes were still open. “Are you okay?” She didn't answer. She didn't even look at him. She just kept on sliding down. He pulled her up holding her at standing level against the wall. He don't know what enticed him to do this but he sniffed. Just one sniff. His pupils dilated. His breaths became ragged. He could smell blood and it had never smelt so good. With barely a hesitation he lunged forward biting into her neck. His teeth slid easily into her flesh. Much too easily. He couldn't believe the amount of blood that came out. It came out faster than he could drink it. It sprayed all over his face and down his front but he just kept coming back to suck down more.

Only when it was no longer flowing did Wisp let the girl drop. As his senses returned to him he just stood there over the girl's corpse completely stunned. He looked down upon the girl and something glittered on the floor. He hadn't even noticed that the girl was carrying something. What was it? He bent down to pick it up and reeled in horror. A hand mirror, now cracked, was the object of his fear. He could see a million reflections of a pale, blonde haired young man covered in blood. What was the horror? Well it was him.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Nador Canoch

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Glyphing 25 SP 3 XP 28 Competent
Stealth 5 SP 1 XP 6 Novice
Drawing 5 SP 2 XP 7 Novice
Planning 2 XP 2 Novice
Philosophy 2 XP 2 Novice
Persuasion 1 XP 1 Novice
Negotiation 1 XP 1 Novice
Observation 4+4+4 XP 12 Novice
Writing 1 XP 1 Novice
Intimidation 1 XP 1 Novice
Interrogation 2 XP 2 Novice
Investigation 2+1 XP 3 Novice
Praying 1 XP 1 Novice
Brawling 1 XP 1 Novice
Meditation 1 XP 1 Novice
Running 1 XP 1 Novice
Rhetoric 3 XP 3 Novice
Voiding 15 RB, 15 SP 1 XP 31 Competent
Weapon: Dagger 1 XP 1 Novice

God Gnosis Marks Explanation Thread
Uldr Returning 1 Uldr gave Thannis a new body that is stronger than the average human. Due to the fact he is also dead he does not have to eat or drink or breathe as normal. However he now thirsts for blood and is a slave to one who possesses more Marks from Uldr than he has. See Spoiler in Character History.

Lores

The Void: Infinite Fear
Void: My Nemesis, My Savior

Uldr: Hated Saviour

Candle & Sun: Opposites of the Void
Unworthy of Syna's Radiance
Facing Sunberthian Pickpockets and Muggers
Brushing Up on Glyphing
The Taxing Nature of Glyphing
Killing a Man in Rage and Hunger
Contingency Plan to Avoid Lynching

Sunberth Bars: Cheap and Dirty
Movement as Communication
Woman: Artwork
Importance of Physical Attraction

Profiting from Gang Violence
Leaving No Witnesses
Bribing a Doctor
Kechaiya: Black Eyed Doctor, Cursed by Gods
Kechaiya: Gold In Exchange for Blood

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
-Leather Belt with loop for Mace
-Heavy Mace
-2x Knuckledusters

1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Metal)
-Brush (Metal)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Heirloom: Cracked hand mirror

Housing

House: Acquillar Hot Springs

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Cashed-In Housing +500 GM 600 GM
2x Quill -1 SM 599 GM 9 SM
3oz. Ink -3GM 596 GM 9 SM
Scrollcase, Leather -1 GM 595 GM 9 SM
15x Scrolls of Parchment -3 GM 592 GM 9 SM
Book, blank -3 GM 589 GM 9 SM
Mace, Heavy -12 Gm 577 GM 9 SM
2x Knuckledusters -1 GM 576 GM 9 SM
Belt, Leather -5 SM 576 GM 4 SM
Armoury Profit -5 SM 575 GM 9 SM
Mugged -5 GM 3 SM 570 GM 9 SM
Living Expenses Spring 514 (Squalor) -5 GM 565 GM 9 SM
Rent -230 GM 335 GM 9 SM
Ale -4 CM 335 GM 8 SM 6 CM[
Living Expenses Fall 514 (Squalor) -5 GM 330 GM 8 SM 6 CM
Thread Expenses -5 GM 325 GM 8 SM 6 CM

Please Note: I was not active in the Summer of 514 AV so I did not need to pay Seasonal Expenses. By inactive I mean I straight up didn't even login.

Thread List

5th of Winter 513 AV - Live Entertainment Anyone?

10th of Winter 513 AV - Getting Back in the - Oh Petch It All

11th of Winter 513 AV - Knights Armoury
Last edited by Thannis Daraktheon on January 8th, 2014, 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Much Thanks to Caela For This Sig!
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Words: 51656
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2014, 2:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook