[Nal'reim's Scrapbook] A Researcher's Rejected Research

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on December 24th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Nal'reim Scrapbook

I had no idea how to start one of these scrapbooks that I see people talk about and post about all the time. So looked at other people's scrapbooks and decided on how start this off based on words of others (well formats of others). So here it goes, firstly lets get the ‘About me’ section out of the way.

Biography
  • Name: Josh
  • Occupation: 911/Police Dispatcher (Working on become a LEO of some form but the process is long)
  • Likes: Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Potatoes in general, Mizahar, Gaming (WoW, BF4, RPGs of most forms [besides JRPGs], Smite, Heroes of the Storm, etc), Airsoft, Hunting/Fishing, Shooting, Magic the Gathering (EDH mostly), Friends and family, My girlfriend, Money, Movies, Netflix, etc.
  • Dislikes: Fruit, Raw vegetables, People who do not yield in traffic, My girlfriend, Lazy people, People who take advantages of situations, etc.
Now to the section of what you will find in the scrapbook and then what you won't find within the words. Followed with a lovely section of rules of the post. After that we will enjoy the future of this thread. Hopefully we will all be lovely friends.

What you will find:
  • Law Enforcement Related posts.
  • Guns and other weapon related posts
  • Posts related to games and such I have played or want to play
  • Mizahar related ideas
  • Books and movie related meme, posts, information from books and movies I enjoy
  • Other

What you will not find:
  • Drug related posts
  • Rap music
  • Anti-Police/Anti-Government Posts
  • Other
Rules:
  • Mature language is allowed.
  • Have fun, I am open to anything posted and always love a debate.
  • Complaining is welcome, mostly mine.
  • Follow the rules provided by the founders
  • Rules are subject to change as I see fit.

There you have it folks. I hope to update this as often as I can. Hopefully on a daily or every few days. Depends on how often I find something interesting or that needs to be posted. Until then keep calm and write on.

-Nal
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Words: 34560
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2012, 6:59 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on December 24th, 2014, 6:34 pm

Remember the Fallen

For my first post I will leave this here.

Those police officers who have died in the last week or two due to peoples hatred of a profession based on their own beliefs that someone suffered injustice at the hands of police officers elsewhere in the country. These officers will be remembered and their sacrifice will never be forgotten.

Officer Wenjian Liu, Officer Rafael Ramos, and Officer Charles Kondek…
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on January 9th, 2015, 4:19 am

Happy New Year! But a sad afterwards :(

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to everyone (I know I am late but I am a busy man currently). I hope everyone had a good holiday, I know I did. Got to see some family I normally do not get to see. As well as received some good gifts (got a gun safe for my handguns). Then in the New Year holiday, I was able to not have to work the overnight shift (got to work evening 3pm-11pm) and see my family and the girlfriend as the clocked clicked over to 12:00am. And thus 2015 is upon us. Hopefully my schedule will lighten up (here I thought graduating college would give me more free time but finding a job is more work).

Now to a more important and sad note. Yesterday a group of terrorists attacked a newspaper in Paris. In the attacked 12 people were killed. Included in the killed was two unarmed police officers, one was killed execution style by the terrorist. These two officers made the ultimate sacrifice and gave their life in the line of duty. These officers will be remembered and their sacrifice will never be forgotten.

Officer Ahmed Merabet and Officer Clarissa Jean-Philippe

ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Dat Plate Armor! (or how to get through it)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on January 25th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Cracking the Plate

Hello Mizahar!

It has been a few days (or a weeks) since my last post to my scrapbook. So here is my newest post. After a few discussions on armor, weapons, and the pros and cons of different weapons in chat with a few people (mostly with those high and mighty Knights of Syliras) I decided I would post this video. Often times I sing the praises of Plate Armor and how hard it would be for an unarmored fighter to be able to stop a plate wearing fighter. In turn I talk about the different weapons that are able to stop this armor. The video below is something I found while surfing Youtube this morning while at work. The video shows a few different weapons that defeat the amazing-ness that is plate armor. If you’re any kind of fighter, even more someone who plays a fighter that isn’t a plate wearer. Then it would be worth watching. Until next time, keep calm and write on.

-Nal

ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)