[World] Nor'dai (W.I.P.)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

All lore articles that have been discarded or approved and no longer needed in the forum are here.

Moderator: Scribes

[World] Nor'dai (W.I.P.)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on December 6th, 2014, 7:46 am

Article: [World] Nor'dai
Author(s): Nal'reim Qyan
Other development: None at the moment.
Additional Info: N/A

Peer Review Thread: N/A
Founder Review Thread: N/A

Synopsis:
The world of Nor'dai is a high world reached through the world Kseyden. The planet is split into two different "layers" one being the top layer with the current working name "Top Layer". It is an unknown number of floating sky islands created with either magic or a world anonymity but still remains a mystery to the summoners of Mizahar. Upon these islands one would find The Risen. The Risen consist of the three "high" summonables of the world. Each is different with their own requirements and rewards for being summoned (these creatures require master level or higher). The "Under Layer" is an area of the planet split into four evenly cut areas that divide the world evenly among the different type of terrian. The under layer plays home to three additional creatures to be summoned. These "low" summonables again offer different perks for calling them at different perks (these require expert level).

Outline: Also found here (with extended examples)
General Information
  • Planet is based on sections of pandora and other similar planets. The planet is broken into two different layers with separate climates, ecosystems, geography, weather patterns, etc.
  • Layer Number One: (For now known as top layer) The top layer is the area of the plant that occupies the skies. Floating islands, kept aloft by the planets strange magnetic properties, floating around the sky. These island range in size many different sizes and no two are the exact same.
  • Layer Number Two: (For now known as underlayer) is split into four different biomes, cutting up the world with almost godly precision into what appear to be even parts along the different parallels of the world. Them majority of these biomes are inhospitable for any kind of colony or mizharian settlement due to the harshness of the land and the creatures that live within it.
  • Planet has a few different summonables. At least two “creatures” per layer. Possibly other summonables such as plants, ores, gems, etc.
  • At least 1 creature per layer will have some form of magic. The “High” creatures come from the top layer and “low” creatures come from the underlayer. Each species will have a different reason to come to mizahar.
  • Astral coordinates are as follows: 3893849280160001-620551400191229
  • Expert or Higher world
  • Some creatures are recommended to have master level summoning due to their power and history of breaking leashes.
  • Requires: Lore of Nor’dai’s Astral Coordinates

History
  • Place Holder
Top Layer
  • Above the “underlayer” on floating islands. Examples: City #1, Island #1, Island #2, and City #2.
  • Unknown reason to why the island of rock, dirt, and life float above the surface. Some says some form of magic by the risen (working name of the top layer summonables) and other say something to do with the world itself.
  • The creatures on the top layer are considered ‘high’ creatures. These creatures have cities, culture, and other ”civilized” ideals.
  • Depending on which of the ‘islands’ you are on, depends on the type of creature can be summoned. Each island is home to only one type of creature.
  • Not research has been done to if the risen interact with each other. The brief glimpses of risen homes, show that each of the three types discovered have different ideals, cultures, architecture, etc.

Underlayer
  • The under layer is what lays on the ground levels of world of Nor’dai. It is broken up into four area or biomes.
  • First Biome is tundra. These start at the poles of the planets and running hundreds of miles before running into the forests that line the mountain ranges that split the world.
  • Second Biome is forest. Coming off the great mountain ranges and running roughly 14 to 20 miles to either side north or west of the mountains. This biomes is where the majority of minor life (game animals and such) are found. Because of this the major if the fallen either reside or make trips to the forest for food and supplies. Due to this small size and the great need of the forest. Fighting between the different fallen clans is common place.
  • Third Biome is the Great Mountain ranges. There two different ranges, one in the north and one in the south. Each of these run as far as anyone researcher has been able to determine. These mountains are rumored to have the origins of the risen’s island homes. These mountain are climbable but the journey is tough and long, a few passages through the mountains but they as well are dangerous due to the length, native creature. And Fallen clans they sometimes protect them.
  • The last Biome is the desert. The desert is what is between to the ranges, beyond the forests. There are few rivers and watering holes within the desert. The only creatures that survive the desert is those creatures that survive on little water and the one Fallen Clan.

Summonables
The Risen
  • Airus ( Powerful Air Reimancers. Can turn into “air” and slip through spaces. Hard to contain. Soft spoken.)
  • Ferrum (Men of Metal. Considered High and Noble creatures and powerful in many forms. Winged and graceful. Skilled combatants using weaons that seem to be as much part of them as their hands and feet. Not much is known, these creatures have never been able to remain summoned for more than a few moments before the summoner is slain and they return home.)
  • Mor’ian (Intelligent creatures.Have the gift of far sight. Able to see far distances over unobstructive terrain and short distances through walls and other obstructions. Not able to defend themselves from attack. Large headed, One eye? Three Eyes? )
The Fallen
  • Terrigen (Earth creatures. Very durable, hard to kill, and stronger than most creatures known to summoners. But their lack of intelligence makes them unwanted for some tasks.)
  • Silvanati (Skinwalker. Known to wear the skins of their killed enemies. Summoners have used them to kill and then replace for a brief time their rivals or others that have had something the summoner wanted.)
  • Kryoandres (Ice Reimancers. Are cold to the touch. Have high ability to withstand cold temperature but will die in anything about 40 degree… Get weak at anything about 32 degrees) Needs improving
Other
  • The Fallen creatures require expert summoning. Each one has a different want or need to make them more willing to work for the summoner. Other skills may be helpful to get the creature to serve and stay loyal, more so with the Silvanati then anything other else.
  • The Risen creatures require master summoning to summon with the exception of the Ferrum which will need some thought and work to successfully summon and the summoner not die. Due to the risen general intelligence, summoners will need supporting skills to successfully summon.
  • Other than the creatures listed above, there are no other creatures, plants, or other such item discovered to be worth the effort and risk to open a portal here.
All photos are not my creation. They belong to the original creators and just used by me.
Last edited by Nal'reim Qyan on December 7th, 2014, 1:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Words: 34560
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2012, 6:59 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[World] Nor'dai (W.I.P.)

Postby Sedge on December 6th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Proposal Accepted

This looks like it's going to be quite the write up! An ambitious and very intriguing potential addition to Summoning. I look forward to the full version!
Image Image Image
Sedge
Scrivener

Words: 34531
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 6:37 pm
Race: Human
Office
Scrapbook

[World] Nor'dai (W.I.P.)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on December 6th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Thanks for the approval Sedge! I have edited the original thread above to physically show the outline (note: I cut down the number of examples due to not wanting to put the URLs in but the original link is still there).

To anyone reading this thread and my notes/concepts/etc. Feel free to PM me here or catch me on chat to provide any feedback you wish to provide. Thanks!

- Nal
Last edited by Nal'reim Qyan on December 7th, 2014, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[World] Nor'dai (W.I.P.)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on December 7th, 2014, 3:49 am

Planet Information
Name: Nor'dai
Astral Coordinates: 3893849280160001-620551400191229
Common World: No
Size: Average (95% of Mizahar's Size)
Duration of day:
Duration of year: 315 Mizahar days
Temperature: Depends on location - Ranges from serve hot, serve cold, and everything in between.
Atmosphere: Yes
Breathable air: Yes
Liquid water: Yes
Plant life: Yes
Animal life: Yes
Sentient life: Yes
Summonables:
  • Airus
  • Ferrum
  • Mor'ian
  • Terrigen
  • Silvanati
  • Kryoandres

Description
Overview:
The world of Nor’dai is as diverse as Mizahar itself. The planet features many different biomes and ecosystems, along with a wide variety of lifeforms. The world’s is split into two sections Ascended Isles, which consists of many floating landmass in hundreds of feet off the surface. Each of these floating island hosts a certain type of biome from forests, to flat plains, to jungles. Each landmass as unique and different as the last. The surface is another story altogether. The surface is broken up into three different environments with great mountain ranges that split the surface apart in almost even proportions. The tallest of the mountains are able to reach the lowest of the ascended isles.

• Ascended Isles: Place holder!

• Surface: Place holder!

The People
Summonables
  • The Risen
    • Airus
    • Ferrum
    • Mor'ian

• The Fallen
    • Terrigen
    • Silvanati
    • Kyroandres

Wildlife and Plants:
Last edited by Nal'reim Qyan on February 8th, 2015, 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[World] Nor'dai (W.I.P.)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on January 16th, 2015, 11:41 pm

Just posting to say I am still here and working on this world. A lot of life hit fast, graduation into holidays, into searching for a job. So I am working on this in my free time! But still here.

-Nal
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)