[Verified by Crosspatch] Mattias Mauklin

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Mattias Mauklin

Postby Mattias Mauklin on January 23rd, 2015, 12:02 am

Race: Human
Birthday: 30 Winter 491
Birthplace: The Mithryn Outpost

Appearance:
- Strong jawed and solidly built, Matty Mauklin stands half a head higher than most of his fellows. His shoulders and chest are broad, but not unduly so. The muscle on his body is lean and tightly sculpted: a benefit to life on the move perhaps. His skin seems to stay slightly tanned no matter the season, and his brown hair seems perpetually sun-lightened.

His face is pleasant enough, coarse brown stubble below a pair of light blue eyes. Oftentimes his teeth are clenched around a small cigarillo which he rolls and enjoys himself. Surprisingly enough, his teeth remain white and relatively healthy.

He wears simple homespun clothing, usually in muted, dark colors. He keeps a dark green cloak for the colder months and prefers to cover his feet in thick-soled leather boots.

Character Concept

- A man has to pay to eat. A man has to eat to live. Why not make the best of a bad situation?

Matty Mauklin is a freelance hunter, striking out into the wilds of Mizahar in hopes of returning with valuable natural commodities for sale and trade. Hides, meat, talons, beaks, fingers, antlers: anything you need, for the right price. On more than one occasion he has hunted his fellow man through the forests and the fields. Several times to find someone who was lost. Other times for more unpleasant reasons. He has found that those contracts seem to pay the most.

He loves the wilds. He finds that being entrenched in nature relaxes him, to the point that he feels the call of the forest even when confronted with societal obligations. It is with this he finds himself struggling. He yearns to be by himself, to live his life in solitude: hunting, fishing, surviving. At the same time, he desires what all humans desire. He craves to be surrounded by those like him, the close pulse of civilization.

At the end of the day, he is a simple man with simple pleasures, oftentimes thrust into uncommon situations.

Character History

"My story's no' so long.

I was born on a farm in the Mithryn Outpost. There were four of us kids. Me da' was a farmer. He grew corn and the like, small patch of tobacco round the back of the house. He worked hard, and he was a good man. Always wanted the best for his family. Feel like I let 'im down if we're really bein' honest with one another. But that's neither here nor there.

Me ma minded us kids and the house. She knew a wee bit about midwifin' so she helped with births on the other farms, brought home a bit of coin, food, things for trade. She taught us how to read, how to write, how to do arithmetic. Never cared for arithmetic frankly. Liked to read though. I must've read the two books we had a thousand times a piece.

I had three siblings. Me brother Marcos was almost ten years older than me I think. He left when I was a lad, told my parents he was off to be a knight. I saw someone who looked like him just a few days ago in Syliras. He was wearing armor. Close e-bloody-nough if you ask me. The Knights make me nervous. Aye they protected the Outpost, and did a damn fine job if ye ask me, but somethin' about all that authority and power in the hands of a few. I'd rather no' discuss it.

Me brother Andres still lives in the Outpost. He still minds the family stead. He was only a few years older than I was, and he'd loved farming since the day he was born. Born right in the middle of the corn field. I swear to the gods. He was good at it too. Me da' always said he had a pair of green thumbs. Not like me. I was never handy at mindin' the crops and the fields. I hunted then like I hunt now. Can't survive on corn alone, can ye?

Madeline, the youngest of us by three or four years, still lives at the farm with Andres. From what I've 'eard when I ask about is she's got half a hundred suitors and two gardens of herbs to sell. Makes sense. She always loved nature like I do. She'd come on my walks from time to time, and once or twice as she got older she'd come along on a hunt. I'm proud of her.

And what's there to tell about me? I did no' enjoy farming, so more often than not I found myself shirking chores so I could get away. I loved being out there. I loved hunting. Aye, perhaps I was a bit young, but I did no' die. I'll admit there were close calls here and there, especially when I was a young man, but with age come wisdom.

I bounced back and forth between the Outpost and the city shortly before my twentieth year. Da' had passed on and Andres had taken over the farm. Ma had passed on, all the Gods bless her gentle soul, and my sister was there to fill her shoes when it came to midwifin' and knowledge about plants. So what was I to do? I was young and full of wanderlust and I did no' want to spend my life farming the land. I wanted to spend it in the world. I wanted to spend it in the woods and in the fields. So after a year or so of the back and forth I took off. Made sure to leave their larder full of meat and say my goodbyes, but I've no' been back since.

I don't know what I'm looking for out here. Riches? I doubt it. I've always been a simple man. Marcos? Maybe, though I doubt it. I've only the foggiest memories of him. The ultimate hunt? Acceptance? Love? A fight? Haha. More than likely.

I don't mind a good fight."

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Weapon: Longbow 11SP, 15RB 26/100 Competent
Hunting 26SP 26/100 Competent
Wilderness SurvivalAs Matty is a novice, he fares best in the forests. 7SP 7/100 Novice
Tracking 6SP 6/100 Novice

Lores

Combat archery
Starting a fire in the wild

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-4 lbs. Tobacco
-Tent (One person)
-longbow
-60x longbow arrows
-quiver (heirloom)

Heirloom: A simple, homemade quiver of leather and fur. Made by Matty's mother for her hunter son.

Housing

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Housing Cash In +500 GM 600 GM
Longbow -75 GM 525 GM
60 Longbow Arrows -3 GM 522 GM
4 lbs. Tobacco -20 SM 521 GM 80 SM
Flint & Steel -1 GM 520 GM 80 SM
Tent (One Person) -2 GM 518 GM 80 SM
Knife (Skinning) -2 SM 518 GM 78 SM

Thread List
Last edited by Mattias Mauklin on January 25th, 2015, 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mattias Mauklin
Player

Words: 12678
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2015, 12:44 am
Race: Human
Character sheet